Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
"We’ve made updates to your charge port connection. Displayed range has been adjusted to reflect what is possible with optimal driving practices."

This is a complete powertrain software update (including ABS), it was released in FDRS about a week ago. Looks like this might be the fix for all the charge fault issues, and possibly also works with intelligent range (updated GOM algorithm) which was also announced today. Or else the GOM will be set to EPA mileage to match Tesla (which I really hope they didn't do).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Power-up 4.2.6 Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 2.43.19 PM

Last edited:

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
Or else the GOM will be set to EPA mileage to match Tesla (which I really hope they didn't do).
Applying powertrain updates in the past via FDRS always reset the GOM to EPA mileage.

Today before the update the GOM displayed 89% and 302 miles. After the update 89% and 277 miles. 277 miles at 89% is spot on for EPA mileage.

But in the past after a couple days driving the GOM would update to reflect my real world range. I don't think they would peg the GOM to EPA mileage like Tesla, but I guess only time will tell.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I'm wondering if that range adjustment is part of what Ford just announced on the FordPass app:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Power-up 4.2.6 IMG_0167.PNG

I'm suspecting this is a server-side calculation but something is needed in the vehicle to complete the operation and display it in the vehicle.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Applying powertrain updates in the past via FDRS always reset the GOM to EPA mileage.

Today before the update the GOM displayed 89% and 302 miles. After the update 89% and 277 miles. 277 miles at 89% is spot on for EPA mileage.

But in the past after a couple days driving the GOM would update to reflect my real world range. I don't think they would peg the GOM to EPA mileage like Tesla, but I guess only time will tell.
Right, mine reset to EPA after the updates, so it will take some time (~500 mi) for it to adjust so I can make that determination.

OP
OP
Kabay0

Kabay0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021.5 Mach-E Premium Extended EAP
Country flag
I gained 5 miles after updating but that just probably the gom resetting after updating.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm wondering if that range adjustment is part of what Ford just announced on the FordPass app:

I'm suspecting this is a server-side calculation but something is needed in the vehicle to complete the operation and display it in the vehicle.
So only if actively running route navigation in the native Ford nav, I presume.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
"We’ve made updates to your charge port connection. Displayed range has been adjusted to reflect what is possible with optimal driving practices."

This is a complete powertrain software update (including ABS), it was released in FDRS about a week ago. Looks like this might be the fix for all the charge fault issues, and possibly also works with intelligent range (updated GOM algorithm) which was also announced today. Or else the GOM will be set to EPA mileage to match Tesla (which I really hope they didn't do).

Interesting that 4.2.6 updates nearly the identical set of modules as the 3.6.2 OTA update did.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Power-up 4.2.6 1684441969122

3.6.2 modules.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Power-up 4.2.6 1684441990680

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

My GT has been showing the EPA mileage for a few months now. At 100% charge I get 269 miles. Even before applying these updates last week.

when the 3.6.2 updates came out that changed range, It broke intelligent range and you could see the car reset every night back to EPA range.

Melancholy1980

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium Ext AWD Ice White
Country flag
Praying this fixes my start/stop charging issues that I get mostly in the winter and on public AC chargers.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Praying this fixes my start/stop charging issues that I get mostly in the winter and on public AC chargers.
The OBCC is normally responsible for those problems.