ecmme

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag
As a non-EA person, I just got 3.6.2 on 1/22. I experienced the charging to 100% issue at least twice. After the first 100% charge I tried changing my target % to a different value and then back to 80%. Not sure if this helped or if the problem went away on its own but last night I charged to my preferred 80%.

I have also had old preconditioning scheduling randomly reappear. I noticed this the day after the update, at which point I disabled it in the app and also in the car. But this morning preconditioning was re-enabled and the old daily schedule values I had deleted reappeared.
Sponsored

DRuth086

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 2021 Mach-E AWD Extended Range
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Country flag
Received this update just now. A day after 3.6.1 non-EA.

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
Still failing to install despite me following all guidance I've read on this thread and others. The only thing I can't confirm is what my 12V battery charge is at. But 3.6.2 is downloaded and has been failing to install every day for about 2 weeks. It's "stuck."

hyrulianruffio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e select , 2012 CR-V
Occupation
I.T.
Country flag
Fiinally went from 3.5.4 to 3.6.1 overnight last night. 2022 select built in October 2022.

Odd thing about it is that it appears to have downloaded it over the built in AT&T LTE modem instead of my WiFi, which it is connected to. My USG router shows very little traffic from the MachE.

Glen Boise

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Finally, called Ford today about repeated failure to update to 3.6.2. I was referred to the OTA folk. I was instructed that in addition to having wifi, etc., you needed to have a charged 12v battery. She said I needed to drive the car for 30 minutes or start it and leave it on for 30 minutes. She also stated that you are required to have the parking brake on while updating.
I started the car, set the parking brake and left. The car complained. It even honked at me as I left. I came back 35 minutes later and hit the update now button. Returned 30 minutes later to an updated car. Now we shall see if the I have the same hassles with the 4.1.1 UI update.

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
Finally, called Ford today about repeated failure to update to 3.6.2. I was referred to the OTA folk. I was instructed that in addition to having wifi, etc., you needed to have a charged 12v battery. She said I needed to drive the car for 30 minutes or start it and leave it on for 30 minutes. She also stated that you are required to have the parking brake on while updating.
I started the car, set the parking brake and left. The car complained. It even honked at me as I left. I came back 35 minutes later and hit the update now button. Returned 30 minutes later to an updated car. Now we shall see if the I have the same hassles with the 4.1.1 UI update.
Tried this 2 days ago to no avail (having the same problem with 3.6.2). I'm trying it again now. I always have my parking break on since I park on a hill. I'm going to run my car a couple of hours this time since that was suggested by another user and I charged my HVB to 100% for the first time in months to try and get over this hump. Here's hoping the 12V LVB will come along for the journey this try.

DRuth086

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 2021 Mach-E AWD Extended Range
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Country flag
I can confirm that I received 3.6.2 today after a very brief drive having never used the parking brake and a charge state of about 72%. So I think a lot of their suggestions seem useful, but aren't exactly "required."

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
Went from 3.5.4 to 3.6.2 today (never saw 3.6.1). HVB was at 36% during the install.

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
Well I tried "Update Now" again. Failed again after running the vehicle in my driveway for 2 hours straight. Started the update at 83% on HVB. No idea on LVB, but that's what the 2 hour run cycle was intended to solve. I had the parking break engaged, windows up, trunks closed, headlamps off. 3.6.2 was already downloaded, but failed and I got the "Help us install..." message in the Ford app for the 15th day in a row.

I'm beginning to think this will only be able to be solved by a tech at the dealership.

From what I can tell there are two categories of people having issues right now. People that can't even see a download or have their vehicle recognize there's something available. Then the people who have the download ready to install but it keeps failing. I'm in category 2, but both are huge problems.

Last edited:

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Same. After 2 months without updates this is very exciting!

This reset my driving history mi/kWh. GOM went from 160 miles to 206 miles. LOL silly GOM!
Jokes on you when you realize the GOM is stuck showing super optimistic range haha. Super sucks. I used to have around 190 miles on a full charge, now at 90% it always says I have 220 to 224 miles of range but I get to work with 85% charge left and it tanks down to 170 miles left. Very weird.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Well I tried "Update Now" again. Failed again after running the vehicle in my driveway for 2 hours straight. Started the update at 83% on HVB. No idea on LVB, but that's what the 2 hour run cycle was intended to solve. I had the parking break engaged, windows up, trunks closed, headlamps off. 3.6.2 was already downloaded, but failed and I got the "Help us install..." message in the Ford app for the 15th day in a row.

I'm beginning to think this will only be able to be solved by a tech at the dealership.
Damn, send me your VIN so I can see why it failed.

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag