Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
I still don’t even have an “update now” button, yet it says 3.6.2 is ready to install. Super confused by all of this :-/
Do you have an icon at the top of the screen? I had to press it to get the option to Update Now. Once pressed, it starts a countdown giving you the option to cancel if the estimated amount of time is too long. Otherwise, let it countdown and it will do the install.
Sponsored

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT in the best color ever made (cyber orange!)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Do you have an icon at the top of the screen? I had to press it to get the option to Update Now. Once pressed, it starts a countdown giving you the option to cancel if the estimated amount of time is too long. Otherwise, let it countdown and it will do the install.
An icon of a little down arrow and a clock appear for about 10 seconds and then disappear when I start the car.

this is about the time when I’d just uninstall and reinstall whatever software is being buggy on my PC… lol

Cesaarel

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Can someone help me make sense of this? My MME said it was installing 4.1.2 (currently 4.1.1 since last Tuesday), but failed to complete the install. Now, I can't set scheduled updates timeframe or toggle the automatic updates option.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Power-Up OTA Update Software 3.6.2 1675294525049

BudC

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Select RWD Star White Metallic
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
4.1.1 today too, while I was out and about. I was eating lunch when I got the notification 😀

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
An icon of a little down arrow and a clock appear for about 10 seconds and then disappear when I start the car.

this is about the time when I’d just uninstall and reinstall whatever software is being buggy on my PC… lol
Yeah the "UPDATE NOW" appears when you tap that icon. For me it is always there when my car is running. Then it tells you to turn off your car. That's the normal flow. I have no idea what's going on in your case. Can you take it to a dealer?

I'm also now running on 4.1.1. It arrived Feb01 in the middle of the day. 3.6.2 was successfully installed on Jan27 for those keeping track of these things. I also hope 4.1.2 is close. I'm in the EA.

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yeah the "UPDATE NOW" appears when you tap that icon. For me it is always there when my car is running. Then it tells you to turn off your car. That's the normal flow. I have no idea what's going on in your case. Can you take it to a dealer?

I'm also now running on 4.1.1. It arrived Feb01 in the middle of the day. 3.6.2 was successfully installed on Jan27 for those keeping track of these things. I also hope 4.1.2 is close. I'm in the EA.
yeah, I can take it to a dealer but my local dealer is super money hungry and wants to charge for everything. Even the 10,000 mile service cost me $90, and most people report that being much cheaper.

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
yeah, I can take it to a dealer but my local dealer is super money hungry and wants to charge for everything. Even the 10,000 mile service cost me $90, and most people report that being much cheaper.
I hope you get the help you're looking for. I have no idea what's going on in your case. Clicking the arrow icon is how you get to "Update Now." There is an alternative path by going to the update screen in settings. For me that ALSO shows an "Update Now" button that is very large right in the middle of the screen if I have a pending update that hasn't been installed yet.

To be clear it HAS to have been downloaded already to see "Update Now." If you car is having problems downloading the update, you can't "Update Now." That's only for pending installs.

RLW

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E Premium AWD Extended Battery
Country flag
Over the last week, I've gotten several OTA updates (3.6.1, 3.6.2, 4.1.1). I received 4.1.2 this past Tuesday and received 4.1.3 today. I am not in EA.

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
So I got 4.1.3 today. So once I got 3.6.2 successfully unclogged it took 5 days for my car to pick up 4.1.1. Then I got 4.1.2 the very next day, and 4.1.3 the day after that. All of them happening while I was out running errands (so after a drive). At least these smaller OTA updates seem to work as intended. It's the "can't drive your car" ones that seem to be a big pain.

Reactions: RLW

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
I got 4.1.1 today just two days after 3.6.2. Can 4.1.2 be far behind?
And two days later 4.1.2 installed.

CarPlay acted funny though. Apple Maps showed a big, black screen. :confused: Hoping a power cycle will straighten it out or does 4.1.3 will take care of it?

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So jealous of all the folks that can just install this stuff so easy. My MME just must be cursed or something :-(

days and days of trying to get 362 to install and nothin.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I finally got 3.6.2, installed today and unstuck from my month ago canceled update. I feel like one of the family finally. One less thing for the service dept.

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
Over the last week, I've gotten several OTA updates (3.6.1, 3.6.2, 4.1.1). I received 4.1.2 this past Tuesday and received 4.1.3 today. I am not in EA.
4.1.3 showed up today - one day after 4.1.2 downloaded and installation!

Great interface-super snappy and very well re-organized. CarPlay seems to connect first try and quickly now too (It has been super flakey since October until 4.1.1/4.1.2 in the past week.)Great job Ford!

The only issue is I realized 25 mins later that the car was trying to charge to 100% and have charged to full when I got home, even though it was set to the 80% limit point. I unplugged it, changed the set point to 70% and then it worked correctly. When I plugged it back in.

Love Love Love the new UI. The Camera always there is the way it should be and having a “CarPlay” button only when you are in other screens (other than home or settings that you can cancel), also fixes one of my other big complaints with the old UI.

The only not perfect thing is also greatly improved-but missed it slightly is the trunk/frunk buttons are on the car icon only when you launch into settings. Still a massive improvement since it is right there one button in on the interface.
Sponsored