Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
I'm picking my MME up on Friday. If I remember, I'll check and see if the dealer installed the update.
DM me your VIN and I'll tell you what's available. I wouldn't expect your dealer to send you home with a completely updated car though...there's no obligation on their part to pay the labor for the tech to do that.
Sponsored

gpgrim

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 4XP, MB E-350, Exp. EB, Subaru XTrek
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
https://www.earlyaccess.ford.com/

You can sign up but may be wait listed. Keep in mind that while the software you receive is a release candidate, it may have bugs or glitches. You’re volunteering to do a bit of beta testing.
FWIW, I've had my 4XP for a year now and I'm not in EA. I find that I'm getting the updates a few weeks to a month after folks start chatting about them here. Your are 100% correct about bugs, even when they are pushed to non-EA folks. The last power up (3.5.4) has broken my wireless connection to CarPlay, no have to reboot Synch 4 each time I start for work.

I see 3.6.1 is queued up for Sat. night, so we'll see if that fixes it.
Odd, this is the first PU that will actually install as I have it scheduled in the system, all the others have installed mid-week, once even while the car was sitting in the parking lot at work. Go figure.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
FWIW, I've had my 4XP for a year now and I'm not in EA. I find that I'm getting the updates a few weeks to a month after folks start chatting about them here. Your are 100% correct about bugs, even when they are pushed to non-EA folks. The last power up (3.5.4) has broken my wireless connection to CarPlay, no have to reboot Synch 4 each time I start for work.

Odd, this is the first PU that will actually install as I have it scheduled in the system, all the others have installed mid-week, once even while the car was sitting in the parking lot at work. Go figure.
I got 3.6.2 last night and had to reboot Sync to get Carplay working as I was leaving the driveway. Super frustrating.

machefan2022

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E CalRt1
Country flag
A much needed update, yesterday I drove approximately 70 miles with a change in GOM of 27 miles.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Seems like Ford is starting to get a little fed up with the questions about reduced winter range here, too:)
Although the EA "Reduced Range" message can't come a moment sooner, too

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Seems like Ford is starting to get a little fed up with the questions about reduced winter range here, too:)
Although the EA "Reduced Range" message can't come a moment sooner, too
An easy fix is to just lie on the GOM.

Just because it’s -5 degrees outside, doesn’t mean your GOM should show less than full range. Ford could just claim ignorance. Maybe you’re driving to Florida…..

gpgrim

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 4XP, MB E-350, Exp. EB, Subaru XTrek
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
I got 3.6.2 last night and had to reboot Sync to get Carplay working as I was leaving the driveway. Super frustrating.
That's a bummer. The GOM I can deal with, having to reboot each time is crap engineering. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since they clearly crapped the bed on the HVJB contactors.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
That's a bummer. The GOM I can deal with, having to reboot each time is crap engineering. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since they clearly crapped the bed on the HVJB contactors.
One thing has nothing to do with the other. Hardware can software.

Honestly though, I am kinda shocked the software still sucks this much. They’ve had almost 2 years to get the bugs out and they seem just as frequent as a couple years ago (albeit slightly different bugs).

Like roaches, they squish one then 3 more crawl out.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
An easy fix is to just lie on the GOM.

Just because it’s -5 degrees outside, doesn’t mean your GOM should show less than full range. Ford could just claim ignorance. Maybe you’re driving to Florida…..
Honestly, Tesla has shown that this (just lying and not taking temperature into range calculation) works. Don't know how many times I've heard from teslarati that "my Tesla doesn't lose any range in the winter....Tesla just knows how to build an EV haha" when the reality is (was? did they just change it?) that Tesla just has the dumbest GOM.

Most people don't even look at the miles traveled and are fine with being lied to.

Last edited:

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I'm picking my MME up on Friday. If I remember, I'll check and see if the dealer installed the update.
Unfortunately Dealers won’t do updates unless there is a problem, or Ford instructs them to.

smhenn

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
My GOM was showing 135 miles this morning when I turned it on pre update (plugged in 80%, garage at about 45°). I installed the update and the GOM became much more optimistic at 199 miles.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
My GOM was showing 135 miles this morning when I turned it on pre update (plugged in 80%, garage at about 45°). I installed the update and the GOM became much more optimistic at 199 miles.
Mine jumped up too, but it's probably just because of the reset on the driving history.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Honestly, this Tesla has shown that this (just lying and not taking temperature into range calculation) works. Don't know how many times I've heard from teslarati that "my Tesla doesn't lose any range in the winter....Tesla just knows how to build an EV haha" when the reality is (was? did they just change it?) that Tesla just has the dumbest GOM.

Most people don't even look at the miles traveled and are fine with being lied to.
yes and people prefer to be told what they want to hear over the truth....

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
The last power up (3.5.4) has broken my wireless connection to CarPlay, no have to reboot Synch 4 each time I start for work.
I no longer recall what 3.6.1 did or purported to do, but it didn't fix my Carplay issues. Those went south during one of the 3.5.x series of updates IIRC. A big problem with CarPlay and Android Auto is that both receive updates from their respective publishers regularly and some of those updates involve additional phone makers. I imagine trying to track down the offending code and getting it fixed is even more difficult than normal. Was it a change in spec for AA or CarPaly? Was it a phone OS bug? A FordPass bug? An MME OS bug?
Sponsored