Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Updated to 3.6.2. Profile reverted to guest. Reboot of Sync fixed the problem.
Sponsored

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
FWIW, it's pretty well documented on this forum that many owners began having reliability problems with both Profiles and Carplay starting with 3.5.3.3
3.5.3 for me, which makes sense since that was a Sync/APIM update. 3.5.3.3 was only the GWM.

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Well I'm definitely getting a charge...to 100%. I can't figure out how to get the vehicle to NOT charge to 100% on this update. Deleting and re-adding didn't seem to phase it.
Also encountering this issue. I didn't realize "You'll Get a Charge Out of This One." was a threat.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
3.5.3 for me, which makes sense since that was a Sync/APIM update. 3.5.3.3 was only the GWM.
Yeah thatā€™s quite possible (and would make sense). I received 3.5.3.3 the day after 3.5.3, so it would have been tough to tell which one introduced the issues.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Is it just me or is the way they write these OTA release notes super cringey? Like just tell us "updated range estimation calculation" and thats all we need. Not this weird as hell writing trying to be all happy and bubbly and cute/punny. Like just tell us what we need it's almost insulting like we're being treated like children. Maybe its just me.
OK, let's look at this to see if it's "just you" that thinks it's "super cringey". First the title:

You'll Get a Charge Out of This One

You're right, that's cute/punny. I suppose a "more professional" title would be "Charge Estimation Update" or something. That would be boring AF, but it wouldn't be cute.

We've updated the software on your vehicle to improve the accuracy of distance-to-empty measurement.

This is your proposed incomplete phrase, but as a complete sentence, written in a way that a normal person would understand. (Normal person: "WTF is a 'range estimation calculation?' Damn nerds.") So, it's arguably better than your four word phrase, and objectively isn't cute or punny in any event; at the worst it's too verbose.

This will use your driving behaviors to help make more precise calculations, especially on longer trips.

This sentence cuts off someone asking on here "what did they actually do? Ford never tells us anything in release notes!", and it cuts off a normal person saying "what does 'improve the accuracy' actually mean?" So this seems like reasonable extra text beyond your four word clause, and again it's not cute or punny in any event. It's actually arguable that it's still not sufficiently verbose, because we don't know details like "driving behavior over how much time", but it's not empty text at least.

In other words, more 'phew' and less 'Uh-oh'

This is cute for sure.

Ongoing updates like this help you enjoy the best possible version of your Mustang Mach-EĀ® electric vehicle. Enjoy.

This is boilerplate that we have seen on every update. It's empty content that Marketing for sure is making them include.

So, the message from Ford is a cute/punny title, two human-friendly content sentences, a cute/punny sentence that adds no factual content, and boilerplate that adds no content.

Definitely room for improvement, but it's not a complete failure as you seem to think it is.

Cgertz

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, MME AWD ER, ID4
Occupation
Technical support engineer
Country flag
Mine updated last night. Now I can only charge for about an hour and a half before there is a charging system fault and the service soon message. At almost 50K miles with no issues previously so the update is getting the blame for this one.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
The problem is that it fixes an issue (hands full) 1% of the time, but creates issues the other 99% of the time. I'd rather just set down whatever I'm carrying to 'fix' that issue.
How does it create issues? Are there ever times when your door doesnā€™t open?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I still haven't figured out how to stop it from charging to 100%...
Go to charge settings. Check out your home location. Is it even still there? Has anything changed? If so, change it or delete and set it back up again. If not, look in your native navigation system map. Is the car at home? If not, reboot sync. Go back and check the settings to ensure theyā€™re all correct.

If the map shows the car at home and all setting are ok, Iā€™d delete the home charge location and start over using present position as home.

Do all of this in the car, not on FordPass.

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Go to charge settings. Check out your home location. Is it even still there? Has anything changed? If so, change it or delete and set it back up again. If not, look in your native navigation system map. Is the car at home? If not, reboot sync. Go back and check the settings to ensure theyā€™re all correct.

If the map shows the car at home and all setting are ok, Iā€™d delete the home charge location and start over using present position as home.

Do all of this in the car, not on FordPass.
I ended up needing to turn charge locations off entirely and back (in vehicle).

EDIT: NOPE
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Power-Up OTA Update Software 3.6.2 Screenshot_20221208-203412

Charging spontaneously resumed, charging locations setting (in vehicle) turned itself back off one the car turned off)

Last edited:

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I just got 3.6.2 last night. All seems well with PAAK, FordPass, and CarPlay. I was shocked at the range increase on the GOM. It went up by over 100 miles! Itā€™s now at the same range that it guesses in the summer on a full charge?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
My car is in the program. Theyā€™re getting a bunch of data on CarPlay and more. The problems, in my case, started somewhere around 3.5.x. Prior to that my car was pretty much a poster child for how things should work. There are a ton of variables though to toss in. The iPhone has updated at least twice in that time, and my iPhone 12 Pro Max has a few issues and neither the 13 or 14 offer enough in upgraded features to make me spring for one.
Apple iPhone program FTW šŸ˜€ thereā€™s literally no excuse not to be in it (or Apple Card and 0% interest for 24 months accomplishes pretty much the same thing - just trade in the phone after 12 months, when the new phone is released and make a bit on the arbitrage šŸ˜€)

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I just got 3.6.2 last night. All seems well with PAAK, FordPass, and CarPlay. I was shocked at the range increase on the GOM. It went up by over 100 miles! Itā€™s now at the same range that it guesses in the summer on a full charge?
My guess is that there's some funny business with driver history going on, which matches the explanation in the release notes.
Sponsored