MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
Can anyone help me understand why I’ve had 3.6.2 queued up but it won’t install?
I checked LVB SOC with Carscanner and it has been over 80% each time I’ve set the update to go. Parking brake set, headlamps “off” and still it won’t “go.”

I called the OTA folks and they said my vehicle is showing “update install active” whatever the heck that means.

I took a picture through the driver window as it was counting down to install the update … but then got a message later on FordPass that it failed.

this is so frustrating :-(

F1D0A910-F503-4DC7-8431-EF7988497E0A.jpeg
Working with @Mach-Lee in DMs, it appears 3.6.2 required the LVB to be >95% for whatever crazy reason. I'm in the EXACT same boat as you.

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT in the best color ever made (cyber orange!)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Mine failed once this afternoon. I went right back out to the car and tried again, and it installed.
May I ask, when you "tried again" what exactly does that mean? Do you have a button to "install now" or something? What I am having to do is set an update schedule for like, 5 minutes ahead of "now" (like I did Friday at 1:30PM earlier today when it was 1:27PM) to see if it will work. How do you have it "try again"??

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Working with @Mach-Lee in DMs, it appears 3.6.2 required the LVB to be >95% for whatever crazy reason. I'm in the EXACT same boat as you.
holy moly, 95%!? I figure 91% would be enough, I guess not... OK, I wonder, should I just stick this thing on a ChargePoint (I live in town homes and do NOT have my own juicer but we have some for our HoA) and then do it once the LVB gets >95%? (That is absolute crazy town, 95%!?)

Would that work, how do you even get to 95%... we did a really long drive and it went from 88 to 91% in like, 2 hours...

acosmichippo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Select Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
May I ask, when you "tried again" what exactly does that mean? Do you have a button to "install now" or something? What I am having to do is set an update schedule for like, 5 minutes ahead of "now" (like I did Friday at 1:30PM earlier today when it was 1:27PM) to see if it will work. How do you have it "try again"??
I think for inhibit updates like 3.6.2 there's an option in the car to start the update immediately.

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I think for inhibit updates like 3.6.2 there's an option in the car to start the update immediately.
Where? I certainly do not have that option under "System Update" or whatever it's called. Just "schedule an update" and then the radio button for "automatic update?" should I disable automatic update so I can do a "update immediately" then??

SpongeBad

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang MACH E, 2013 Ford Escape
Country flag
holy moly, 95%!? I figure 91% would be enough, I guess not... OK, I wonder, should I just stick this thing on a ChargePoint (I live in town homes and do NOT have my own juicer but we have some for our HoA) and then do it once the LVB gets >95%? (That is absolute crazy town, 95%!?)

Would that work, how do you even get to 95%... we did a really long drive and it went from 88 to 91% in like, 2 hours...
LVB is the Low Voltage Battery - the small 12V battery in the frunk, not the big battery that makes it so the car goes fast. If it's cold where you are, it could be challenging to keep the LVB at 95%+, though, if it's truly a requirement.

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
LVB is the Low Voltage Battery - the small 12V battery in the frunk, not the big battery that makes it so the car goes fast. If it's cold where you are, it could be challenging to keep the LVB at 95%+, though, if it's truly a requirement.
I understand what the LVB is. I used the OBD scanner and CarScanner to look at the LVB in the ECU... the best I could do was 91%. I was thinking, if it was on a level 2 charger, would that also perhaps juice up the LVB??? since a 2 hour drive got it to only 91%. It is not particularly "cold" here, I live in California, it is currently a biting 51 degrees F......

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
I understand what the LVB is. I used the OBD scanner and CarScanner to look at the LVB in the ECU... the best I could do was 91%. I was thinking, if it was on a level 2 charger, would that also perhaps juice up the LVB??? since a 2 hour drive got it to only 91%. It is not particularly "cold" here, I live in California, it is currently a biting 51 degrees F......
If you turn on the car, turn off the auto shutdown option, then lock it and walk away, it should keep charging the LVB. You apparently don't need to actually drive to charge it.

So, if you can do this safely, maybe do it for a few hours, then check and see if you're above 95%? Leave all accessories off and unplugged to minimize drain on the battery. I imagine you can stay on a level 1 charger the whole time so that the high voltage battery doesn't deplete.

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag

We looked at my logs and saw that I failed an install at 94% charge on the LVB. The logs said it was a failure due to LVB SOC.

My experience running the car with all accessories off for 2 hours in my driveway was like a 5% loss on the HVB. You won't deplete. I'm in the middle of a 3 hour run now to see if I can get it all the way.

Last edited:

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
We looked at my logs and saw that I failed an install at 94% charge on the LVB. The logs said it was a failure due to LVB SOC.

My experience running the car with all accessories off for 2 hours in my driveway was like a 5% loss on the HVB. You won't deplete. I'm in the middle of a 3 hour run now to see if I can get it all the way.
man, what a difficult criterion for the average person to hit…

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
I theoretically hit
man, what a difficult criterion for the average person to hit…
I agree. This is stupid. But after running my car for 3 hours today, and turning off SO MANY THINGS AND SETTINGS, I finally got 3.6.2 to install with the "UPDATE NOW" button. I'm going to talk to @Mach-Lee and see if we can confirm what my SOC was on the LVB when that finally worked. Because it last failed at 94%.........

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I have not received, to my knowledge at least, the unnumbered update related to PAAK. On Wikipedia, it's referred to as "Customer Satisfaction Program 21B36."
The un-numbered updates are ones that not everyone will necessarily get. In this case it looks like this is to address PAAK issues with 2021s (see CSP below). Presumably our 22s skipped with this software.

mateo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
I finally got this one last night. It now says I have 270 miles of range. So stupid. 🙄

BudC

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Select RWD Star White Metallic
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Got 3.6.2 last night, after getting 3.6.1 two days ago.

Interestingly, the car charged earlier in the evening, even though it's set to start at 1:00am. It also charged to 100% despite the 90% restriction I have set up.

I wonder if the car forced that charging change since it was going to perform the 3.6.2 update that night?
Sponsored