tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT in the best color ever made (cyber orange!)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I theoretically hit

I agree. This is stupid. But after running my car for 3 hours today, and turning off SO MANY THINGS AND SETTINGS, I finally got 3.6.2 to install with the "UPDATE NOW" button. I'm going to talk to @Mach-Lee and see if we can confirm what my SOC was on the LVB when that finally worked. Because it last failed at 94%.........
where is this update now button? I do not have one of those in System Updates. Do I need to disable Automatic Updates?
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Got 3.6.2 last night, after getting 3.6.1 two days ago.

Interestingly, the car charged earlier in the evening, even though it's set to start at 1:00am. It also charged to 100% despite the 90% restriction I have set up.

I wonder if the car forced that charging change since it was going to perform the 3.6.2 update that night?
Check the settings in FordPass. After this OTA update installed the FP app was changed to ā€˜charge when plugged inā€™ (which will override your charge settings) instead of ā€˜use preferred settingsā€™. I rebooted FP and it seems fine now.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag

Interestingly, the car charged earlier in the evening, even though it's set to start at 1:00am. It also charged to 100% despite the 90% restriction I have set up.

I wonder if the car forced that charging change since it was going to perform the 3.6.2 update that night?
Exactly what happened to me last night - charged to 100%.

They also installed a new battery, because I went from a pre-conditioned 200-ish km on 90% this winter to 360km on the GOM at 100% this morning. :cool:

In all seriousness tho, I'm interested to see how the GOM readjusts, because I felt like it was doing a pretty good job to this point already.

Johnny B

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium RWD 2017Nissan Titan XD Diesel
Occupation
Retired Software Developer
Country flag
where is this update now button? I do not have one of those in System Updates. Do I need to disable Automatic Updates?
I just got the 3.6.2 update last week. I clicked the update notification icon on the Sync screen's top toolbar which displayed a message saying that the update was queued for installation and presented a few options including
  • Update at the next scheduled update time
  • Update now
  • Reschedule update time.

BudC

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Select RWD Star White Metallic
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Check the settings in FordPass. After this OTA update installed the FP app was changed to ā€˜charge when plugged inā€™ (which will override your charge settings) instead of ā€˜use preferred settingsā€™. I rebooted FP and it seems fine now.
FordPass is still set correctly. I'm going to leave it alone and see what happens tonight...if it still does the 100% charging, I'll restart FordPass. I'm doing this to see if the charging was temporarily altered due to the impending software update.

It sure would be nice if Ford had a place we could go to & find out the logic behind these OTAs...why does it have to be so mysterious??

BudC

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Exactly what happened to me last night - charged to 100%.

They also installed a new battery, because I went from a pre-conditioned 200-ish km on 90% this winter to 360km on the GOM at 100% this morning. :cool:

In all seriousness tho, I'm interested to see how the GOM readjusts, because I felt like it was doing a pretty good job to this point already.
Yeah, my 100% range is now showing up as 245 miles...pretty close to the EPA range of 247 - coincidence, or ?? :)

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
The un-numbered updates are ones that not everyone will necessarily get. In this case it looks like this is to address PAAK issues with 2021s (see CSP below). Presumably our 22s skipped with this software.
Thanks for that! That's reassuring to know. Maybe the Wikipedia article should include that reference to 2021 models as the only ones affected? šŸ¤”

Fingers crossed for the new interface arriving next week. šŸ¤ž

Fins160

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Select C/T Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Mine installed last night. Changed to 100%, GOM at 248 now (was 212 at full charge before a road trip a few weeks ago). RWD Select SR. Non-EA.

mateo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
I finally got this one last night. It now says I have 270 miles of range. So stupid. šŸ™„
So I left this morning at 100% with 277 miles. After 5 miles of in town driving, I returned with 100% and 257 miles. Yeah this will stop the questions coming in. šŸ„“

Hopefully it relearns as the previous estimate were working great and had no need to change. I feel like a more effective update would have been to simply remove the miles remaining indicator by default until it drops below a certain predicted range.

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT in the best color ever made (cyber orange!)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I just got the 3.6.2 update last week. I clicked the update notification icon on the Sync screen's top toolbar which displayed a message saying that the update was queued for installation and presented a few options including
  • Update at the next scheduled update time
  • Update now
  • Reschedule update time.
interesting. I do not have that option at allā€¦ this is hilariously frustrating :-/

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Yeah, my 100% range is now showing up as 245 miles...pretty close to the EPA range of 247 - coincidence, or ?? :)
Maybe the Tesla range estimation algorithm is open source nowā€¦ :cool:

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag

This is normal when the modules responsible for charging get updated. It will resume its normal schedule next time you plug in.

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
I agree. This is stupid. But after running my car for 3 hours today, and turning off SO MANY THINGS AND SETTINGS, I finally got 3.6.2 to install with the "UPDATE NOW" button. I'm going to talk to @Mach-Lee and see if we can confirm what my SOC was on the LVB when that finally worked. Because it last failed at 94%.........
Very interesting. Congrats on getting it installed, finally.

Can you shed some light on why your LVB was so low at first, before you started leaving the car on to charge the LVB? Just curious whether you have anything plugged into the 12V cigarette lighters, maybe you park outside in extreme cold temperatures, do you have either PAAK or FOB continuously in range of the car, etc.

BudC

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
GOM report after 3.6.2:

Left the house after the forced 100% charge, showing a 245 mile range. Drove about 5 miles to a restaurant and the GOM showed 240 miles remaining...makes sense.

Got in the car to go home & the GOM showed 242 miles. Looks like it recalculated when I started up again?
Sponsored