Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
GOM report after 3.6.2:

Left the house after the forced 100% charge, showing a 245 mile range. Drove about 5 miles to a restaurant and the GOM showed 240 miles remaining...makes sense.

Got in the car to go home & the GOM showed 242 miles. Looks like it recalculated when I started up again?
Yes, probably based on outside temperature readings, though.
Sponsored

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
Very interesting. Congrats on getting it installed, finally.

Can you shed some light on why your LVB was so low at first, before you started leaving the car on to charge the LVB? Just curious whether you have anything plugged into the 12V cigarette lighters, maybe you park outside in extreme cold temperatures, do you have either PAAK or FOB continuously in range of the car, etc.
I really don't know. Folks that were helping me out suggested it was the "Welcome Lighting" setting. I have nothing plugged in to anything. I don't own a scanner, and have nothing in the 12V lighters (I don't think I ever have). I live in Seattle, the temps here are pretty mild. I don't think my PAAK or FOB are very close to my vehicle, relatively speaking. Certainly my FOB isn't. The PAAK is only if I go outside for some other reason.

I'll note that when I got my vehicle delivered (over a year ago now), I had the 12V battery fault error. Multiple times. I took it in for service for that way back then and haven't ever seen it since.

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
where is this update now button? I do not have one of those in System Updates. Do I need to disable Automatic Updates?
I haven't seen it for every update. I've only seen it for updates that successfully DOWNLOAD but repeatedly fail to INSTALL. It will show the downloaded update icon at the top of the screen. Tapping that will bring up the UPDATE NOW option. Or navigating to the Updates part of settings.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
I can confirm the 100% charge during install is a one-off - plugged in an hour ago and she charged back to 90% as usual.

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT in the best color ever made (cyber orange!)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So perhaps my issue is a failure to download... That's possible, when it's parked in my spot, I barely have Wifi connection, perhaps I should put a signal booster in my backyard to try to reach my space.

With that said, I have had the car on a level 2 charger for 2 hours and the LVB is still 94%. So close, so far.

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
I can confirm the 100% charge during install is a one-off - plugged in an hour ago and she charged back to 90% as usual.
That happened to me after 3.6.1 too.

anirudh

First Name
Anirudh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT (2022)
Country flag
I really don't know. Folks that were helping me out suggested it was the "Welcome Lighting" setting. I have nothing plugged in to anything. I don't own a scanner, and have nothing in the 12V lighters (I don't think I ever have). I live in Seattle, the temps here are pretty mild. I don't think my PAAK or FOB are very close to my vehicle, relatively speaking. Certainly my FOB isn't. The PAAK is only if I go outside for some other reason.

I'll note that when I got my vehicle delivered (over a year ago now), I had the 12V battery fault error. Multiple times. I took it in for service for that way back then and haven't ever seen it since.
I am currently facing the same 3.6.2 issue! I have tried it multiple times over the past 2 days (1. after running the car -- in my garage for over an hour, 2. having it connected to the home car charger -- overnight, 3. Now I am looking to leave the car running for over 2-3hrs and try again).I do not own a OBD scanner to check the LVB battery charge percentage. Is there some way for me to get this information, so as to figure out how much longer I ought to leave the car running?

AndrewY

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Well this is a long thread, so I'm not going to read 22 pages to see if anyone else has reported the same problem. I just got 3.6.1 a few days ago, and 3.6.2 yesterday.

I normally charge at home to 90%. After getting 3.6.2, which claims to be better about charging and calculating range, it charged all the way to 100%, instead of stopping at 90%. I double checked my settings, and it's still configured to stop at 90%. Any idea why?

It reported my 100% range as 265 mi, but it didn't drop to 99% until the range remaining had dropped to under 250. I'm not sure of the actual mileage driven, but I think it's in the right ballpark vs the drop in mileage remaining.

I feel like most of the updates haven't really been noticeable for me as to what's changed, but this one feels like it broke something. I'm hoping that it's just a one-off and because it's changing the range calculations, it needed a single charge-to-100%, and then it'll go back to honoring the settings.

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
I am currently facing the same 3.6.2 issue! I have tried it multiple times over the past 2 days (1. after running the car -- in my garage for over an hour, 2. having it connected to the home car charger -- overnight, 3. Now I am looking to leave the car running for over 2-3hrs and try again).I do not own a OBD scanner to check the LVB battery charge percentage. Is there some way for me to get this information, so as to figure out how much longer I ought to leave the car running?
I also don't own an OBD scanner. I had somebody from this forum offer to check my LVB remotely via some method they have. What I'll say is that we had a confirmed failure after 2 hours of running my car that got my LVB to 94%. It was only after running for THREE 3 hours that got me above 95% on the LVB. I also turned off "Welcome Lighting" and many other features. Anything optional basically. Probably a lot I didn't have to, but that was what finally got it for me. I probably failed 15-20 installs (trying multiple times a day) before that.

Well this is a long thread, so I'm not going to read 22 pages to see if anyone else has reported the same problem. I just got 3.6.1 a few days ago, and 3.6.2 yesterday.

I normally charge at home to 90%. After getting 3.6.2, which claims to be better about charging and calculating range, it charged all the way to 100%, instead of stopping at 90%. I double checked my settings, and it's still configured to stop at 90%. Any idea why?

It reported my 100% range as 265 mi, but it didn't drop to 99% until the range remaining had dropped to under 250. I'm not sure of the actual mileage driven, but I think it's in the right ballpark vs the drop in mileage remaining.

I feel like most of the updates haven't really been noticeable for me as to what's changed, but this one feels like it broke something. I'm hoping that it's just a one-off and because it's changing the range calculations, it needed a single charge-to-100%, and then it'll go back to honoring the settings.
I've seen people saying similar things in this thread. Seems to be a one-time issue. It happened for me on the previous update, but not this one. But multiple people had the "charged to 100%" issue on this update.

The mileage changing a couple of times after the new update seems to also be common in this thread.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag

Totally normal. Same thing happened to me.

The charging to 100% thing will happen any time the charging modules are updated. The car will go back to normal next time you plug in.

Same thing happened to me with the percentage too. Started at 100% 271 miles. Got to 255 before it dropped to 99%. Totally normal.

anirudh

First Name
Anirudh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT (2022)
Country flag
I also don't own an OBD scanner. I had somebody from this forum offer to check my LVB remotely via some method they have. What I'll say is that we had a confirmed failure after 2 hours of running my car that got my LVB to 94%. It was only after running for THREE 3 hours that got me above 95% on the LVB. I also turned off "Welcome Lighting" and many other features. Anything optional basically. Probably a lot I didn't have to, but that was what finally got it for me. I probably failed 15-20 installs (trying multiple times a day) before that.

I've seen people saying similar things in this thread. Seems to be a one-time issue. It happened for me on the previous update, but not this one. But multiple people had the "charged to 100%" issue on this update.

The mileage changing a couple of times after the new update seems to also be common in this thread.
Literally running the car for over THREE hours worked!! Dear God, this was a hassle!
Thank you very much for your help!

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
Literally running the car for over THREE hours worked!! Dear God, this was a hassle!
Thank you very much for your help!
I'm glad it worked for both of us. Help reply to people here and get the word out. :)

2 for 2.

For those that missed it: This update appears to require SOC above 95% on the 12V battery. Run your car 3 hours. Try again.

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
3.6.2 installed for me today and I am now not able to activate cruise control using the button on the steering wheel. Has anyone else run into this? 3.6.1 went through last week and I have not used cruise controll since getting that update, so maybe that update caused it or maybe it was 3.6.2 today, nor sure.

@Ford Motor Company - Have there been reports of cruise control not working after updating to 3.6.1 or 3.6.2?
Sponsored