Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
3.6.2 installed for me today and I am now not able to activate cruise control using the button on the steering wheel. Has anyone else run into this? 3.6.1 went through last week and I have not used cruise controll since getting that update, so maybe that update caused it or maybe it was 3.6.2 today, nor sure.

@Ford Motor Company - Have there been reports of cruise control not working after updating to 3.6.1 or 3.6.2?
Try resetting Sync, volume down and next on your steering wheel. If it is the day it installed, sometimes you get a few gremlins that work themselves out after a few key cycles and the car sitting overnight.
Sponsored

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
First post for this update was December 6, 2022. I just got it tonight (3.6.1 showed up last week). I had a lot of issues last year with getting OTA updates and was at the dealers for a month but I thought it was fixed as I got a few over the summer. Than nothing for months as others got 3.6 and above updates.

Sure wish my Mach-e would get updates closer to when they are released. Maybe I will get the 4.x.x updates soon? :rolleyes:

UnforAll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E 4x Premium IB; '13 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Occupation
Grad Student
Country flag
Just completed; no help required. Dated tomorrow apparently since it would have installed as scheduled at 1:00 am in the morning if I hadn't chosen Update Now. Five days since 3.6.1, but that may be because Ford servers don't work on the weekends? || 2021 early Job 1, non-EA.
As @stmache said, it's been a long time since 3.6.2 first began rolling out, although guess there was a holiday break.

Last edited:

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
After 3.6.2 updated, it went right into charging to 100% and topped off at 306 est. miles. Ah, I don't think so with the weather (in the 20's F this week and snow on the roads) and me driving with the heat on at 68F. I am sure it will learn fast!

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Try resetting Sync, volume down and next on your steering wheel. If it is the day it installed, sometimes you get a few gremlins that work themselves out after a few key cycles and the car sitting overnight.
I did not end up doing a Sync reset, but I tried out cruise control this morning and it is working again. I guess those gremlins have been worked out.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I got 3.6.1 on the 24th and 3.6.2 on the 31st. Quickest sequential updates so far for me. I noticed several things got reset in preferences, like my IP cluster screen got reset to auto instead of dark (I hate white faced instruments). My center screen has always been on auto but I suspect that it got reset to auto as well. 🤷‍♂️🐩

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
How can you tell what version of PowerUp you are running?

I have auto-update turned off (on purpose) since I got my HVBJB replaced, since everything is running fine.... but I'd like to know what version I am actually running.

when I go to Settings->updates
there is no version showing on 'last update' descriptor

20230201_PowerupVersionUnknown.jpg

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
Well you have to read between the lines, that OTA was released last July. There have been over a dozen since then. The Wiki article will give you some insight.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

I have auto-update turned off (on purpose) since I got my HVBJB replaced, since everything is running fine.... but I'd like to know what version I am actually running.

when I go to Settings->updates
there is no version showing on 'last update' descriptor

20230201_PowerupVersionUnknown.jpg
This description is for the software recalls. It is not tied to an OTA “Power-Up” package number. 🤷‍♂️🐩

If you check your account notifications in the Message Center of the FordPass app, you should see messages entitled “You’re rolling with the latest Ford Power-Up.” Select the newest one and then tap on the Update Details button. That will tell you the OTA Power-Up package version. 😊🐩

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
This description is for the software recalls. It is not tied to an OTA “Power-Up” package number. 🤷‍♂️🐩

If you check your account notifications in the Message Center of the FordPass app, you should see messages entitled “You’re rolling with the latest Ford Power-Up.” Select the newest one and then tap on the Update Details button. That will tell you the OTA Power-Up package version. 😊🐩
ahhhhhh, well I can't see that for now since I have not hit the 'accept' button for the new FP Terms, so I can't get to the FP main screen at the moment. I'm happy with current functionality, and haven't seen anything in the update release notes I can't live without.

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT in the best color ever made (cyber orange!)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I still don’t even have an “update now” button, yet it says 3.6.2 is ready to install. Super confused by all of this :-/
Sponsored