First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Hi all,

Since Wikipedia deleted the Ford Power-up version history article, I copied it over to Github: https://github.com/elmedico27/fordpowerup

I'll do my best to keep the site up as new versions are released, but I'll definitely need your help! I welcome pull requests and we can use this thread to post links to other "promises" Ford makes on software. (Pet Mode, anyone?) Right now the site is basically a direct copy of the old Wikipedia page and the immediate plan is to keep adding only version history, but if there are additional whole sections people feel are useful, I can definitely add them.

Some caveats on the Github page:
  • I only have a MME and only visit these forums, so I won't know right away if there's an F-150 Lightning-specific version released.
  • I have no idea how to figure out which modules are updated. And GWM, APIM, etc.? Greek to me. TCU? That's a college in Texas.
  • I'm in North America, so I'll definitely need my Euro friends to help me out with the Release Date EU column.
Hope you find this useful and thank you for using this thread to help me out!
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Thanks for doing this. Those opinionated thugs at Wikipedia can be a pain.

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
That page existed for more than a year. Why did they suddenly take it down? I was googling for it and couldn’t find it but thankfully google got me to this thread.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Yes very odd that it was removed, thanks for creating the gethub

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag
it was removed because i guess the wiki-digerati require "real" sources for a page on their server, and forum posts don't cut it in their estimation. the data was all user-sourced and mostly posted here rather than coming from some official ford source.

OP
OP
elmedico27

elmedico27

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Thanks for keeping this alive!

I have not yet figured out how to suggest edits in Github. Is there an easy way to do this?

4.2.2 is in Lightnings and is different from the Mach E version:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Power-Up Version History "wiki" IMG_0064.PNG

OP
OP
elmedico27

elmedico27

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for keeping this alive!

I have not yet figured out how to suggest edits in Github. Is there an easy way to do this?
You’re welcome! If you know Markdown, you can edit the readme file and submit a pull request. Otherwise, to simply provide information, you can open an issue on GitHub with the changes.

Posting here works too 🙂 I’ll get it updated this week!

GatorJ_MME

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
If you're new to git, the concept of a pull request is a bit different than what you may be used to with other version control systems (svn, wikis, etc.). In other systems, there is a 'master' copy of the files that live on a server, and users can check them in / out to edit.

In git, there is not technically a central server. In this case, everyone is agreeing that github is serving as the central location, but in reality git is a distributed architecture.

To make changes, you will first need a git client on your machine. There are command line options & GUI options, I use Sublime Merge for work. Once you have the client, do the following:
  1. Clone the repository
    1. On the github site, click the down arrow next to Code
      1. Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Power-Up Version History "wiki" 1683118601649
      2. That will provide the info to check out the code
        1. This creates a copy of the repository on your machine
  2. Use your git client to create a branch from 'main' (currently the only branch)
  3. Edit the files you want to change
  4. Push the branch up to github
  5. Create a pull request from your branch into main
The merger will verify that your edits are appropriate, then agree to merge your changes into the main branch.

Multiple people can make edits to a file at any given time, and it will depend on the order of the pull requests to know how they will get merged in the end.

Before pushing your branch up, you should pull down the latest copy of the main branch to see if any edits have occurred since you last cloned the repo. If so, you'll need to rebase your branch on top of the latest version of main.

It's a bit confusing at first, but once you do it a few times it isn't that bad. There are a lot of good resources out on the web too.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
You’re welcome! If you know Markdown, you can edit the readme file and submit a pull request. Otherwise, to simply provide information, you can open an issue on GitHub with the changes.

Posting here works too 🙂 I’ll get it updated this week!
Thanks for the latter approach. I don't know Markdown, don't know how to submit a pull, or open an issue. I'm starting from scratch with Github!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
If you're new to git, the concept of a pull request is a bit different than what you may be used to with other version control systems (svn, wikis, etc.). In other systems, there is a 'master' copy of the files that live on a server, and users can check them in / out to edit.

In git, there is not technically a central server. In this case, everyone is agreeing that github is serving as the central location, but in reality git is a distributed architecture.

To make changes, you will first need a git client on your machine. There are command line options & GUI options, I use Sublime Merge for work. Once you have the client, do the following:
  1. Clone the repository
    1. On the github site, click the down arrow next to Code
      1. Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Power-Up Version History "wiki" 1683118601649
      2. That will provide the info to check out the code
        1. This creates a copy of the repository on your machine
  2. Use your git client to create a branch from 'main' (currently the only branch)
  3. Edit the files you want to change
  4. Push the branch up to github
  5. Create a pull request from your branch into main
The merger will verify that your edits are appropriate, then agree to merge your changes into the main branch.

Multiple people can make edits to a file at any given time, and it will depend on the order of the pull requests to know how they will get merged in the end.

Before pushing your branch up, you should pull down the latest copy of the main branch to see if any edits have occurred since you last cloned the repo. If so, you'll need to rebase your branch on top of the latest version of main.

It's a bit confusing at first, but once you do it a few times it isn't that bad. There are a lot of good resources out on the web too.
Sounds like the kind of remedial help I needed. Thanks!

Aulander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
@elmedico27
There is a recent OTA update, apparently only for EU cars at the moment, Power Up 3.5.3.4. The description is the following:

"Ford Power-Up Minor updates here and there. Just small stuff to keep everything running smoothly. Ongoing updates like this help you enjoy the best possible version of your Mustang Mach-E™. Enjoy."

So, we don't know what it does exactly. Please decide if you want to include it in your Power Up page.

xofox25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium ER Red Job2
Occupation
IT system admin
Country flag
@elmedico27
There is a recent OTA update, apparently only for EU cars at the moment, Power Up 3.5.3.4. The description is the following:

"Ford Power-Up Minor updates here and there. Just small stuff to keep everything running smoothly. Ongoing updates like this help you enjoy the best possible version of your Mustang Mach-E™. Enjoy."

So, we don't know what it does exactly. Please decide if you want to include it in your Power Up page.
Did you receive on your ? If yes, when did you received it ? In my case, I'm still in 3.5.2.1.
Sponsored