Ford PowerUp 3.1.1, 3.2.1, and 3.3.1 (Update)

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I don't have any of the 3 series Power Ups but you guys got me all nervous now. I guess I better Google who this Alexa person is.....she sounds horrible. 🤔
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I don't have any of the 3 series Power Ups but you guys got me all nervous now. I guess I better Google who this Alexa person is.....she sounds horrible. 🤔
It's just that ADHD lady that crashes Roomba vacuums into dog food bowls. Nothing to be alarmed about.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford PowerUp 3.1.1, 3.2.1, and 3.3.1 (Update) gato-bisho

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Okay. I Googled it.
https://developer.amazon.com/en-GB/alexa

Don't we already have voice commands? Is this Alexa thing better than what we have already?
Yeah we have voice commands but ... really? Just a few days ago:

Listening to a podcast... The speaker says something like "Yeah let's move on to another topic. Ok, for what it's worth, ..." and the Ford's silly voice activation system pauses the show to talk to me. Not only does it not hear well, but it responds to its own voice! (Well, it's own speaker system, but you know what I mean.)

Or another example, I pressed the voice activation button on the steering wheel. The car suggested a whole page of things I could try to interact by voice. One of them was "Does my vehicle have any safety recalls?"

So I tried that, speaking as clearly and reasonably loudly as I could: "Does my vehicle have any safety recalls?"

It starts (slowly) loading the Phone app and then redialed the last person I had call in my phone's call history.

Seriously!

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag

Listening to a podcast... The speaker says something like "Yeah let's move on to another topic. Ok, for what it's worth, ..." and the Ford's silly voice activation system pauses the show to talk to me. Not only does it not hear well, but it responds to its own voice! (Well, it's own speaker system, but you know what I mean.)

Or another example, I pressed the voice activation button on the steering wheel. The car suggested a whole page of things I could try to interact by voice. One of them was "Does my vehicle have any safety recalls?"

So I tried that, speaking as clearly and reasonably loudly as I could: "Does my vehicle have any safety recalls?"

It starts (slowly) loading the Phone app and then redialed the last person I had call in my phone's call history.

Seriously!
Yeah, I turned off voice activation for that stupid system. I kept accidentally triggering it with statements like, "It's ok for when..." or some such thing. But at least I never had a podcast trigger it! That's insanely stupid. I have no intentions to use Alexa either - at least not unless I can use it to enable recirculate! Annoyingly the Ford not-very-helpful Assistant doesn't even support that...

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Yeah, I turned off voice activation for that stupid system. I kept accidentally triggering it with statements like, "It's ok for when..." or some such thing. But at least I never had a podcast trigger it! That's insanely stupid. I have no intentions to use Alexa either - at least not unless I can use it to enable recirculate! Annoyingly the Ford not-very-helpful Assistant doesn't even support that...

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
It hasn't been mentioned in months now. I'd say if an update doesn't appear by the end of the year for the frunk release, it's dead. Jimrpa may have to buy a newer model to reach nirvana.

EDIT: Emma Bergg mentioned it is coming this fall:

Note: she doesn't say which fall.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Love it!

I gave my goddaughter a kit for a Useless Box and we built it together. She had no idea what it was she was building, so you can imagine the joy on her face when it was done!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford PowerUp 3.1.1, 3.2.1, and 3.3.1 (Update) Screen Shot 2022-08-06 at 3.05.35 PM

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

Seriously!
Point taken. I had to turn off the key word thing because it activated at weird times. I just push the steering wheel button when I want to use voice commands. Only 2 real commands I use are "Navigate to...." and "Call .....". It works fine for those two things. The call command is pretty good.....the navigate command could use some more training.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Alexa isn’t a people person. Or machine.

Proof:

I have zero trouble understanding the lady. Even without captions. Add in my coastal California slang, a smattering of sayings in Scots, and some Hawaiian pidgin and I’d probably get routed off shore for a trip to the grocery store. ;)

Alexa is irraz. Bumbai da Kine :p
Sponsored