Ford PowerUp 3.1.1, 3.2.1, and 3.3.1 (Update)

JohnS1111

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E eAWD
Country flag
Mmmmh, I just tried “ok ford, open the frunk” and “alexa, open the frunk” doesnt seem yo work sadly
Sponsored

notaek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Mmmmh, I just tried “ok ford, open the frunk” and “alexa, open the frunk” doesnt seem yo work sadly
Honestly those are the only things I’d actually use Alexa for!

Ravensfan1996

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Just got the Alexa automatic update today on my Mach E. Now the navigation has disappeared and the speed limit sign recognition stopped working. Anyone experience this issue? Anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this? Also, smaller problem, when the Alexa app updated on my FordPass app on my phone my Mach E scheduled charge window failed to charge.
Click on your profile pic at the top and select navigation to get the NAV back. Go into settings to check speed limit sign recognition is on. When the car updates some settings change. Charging info usually resets also and my be your issues, may need to set home as a charging location again and set up schedules

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
3.3.1 -

How do you use "Advanced Dual Phone"?

I don't see any difference in the Climate Control screens.

ponydsp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME Premium 4ER, Taycan CT, 650s, F8 on order
Country flag
3.3.1 -

How do you use "Advanced Dual Phone"?

I don't see any difference in the Climate Control screens.
The only time dual phone works for me is when I don’t use CarPlay on either phone so not useful for people who love Apple carplay

I don’t see any difference in climate control either. I just assumed that’s for older model years when they get 3.3.1 eventually…

MJ's Mach E

First Name
Duffey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Click on your profile pic at the top and select navigation to get the NAV back. Go into settings to check speed limit sign recognition is on. When the car updates some settings change. Charging info usually resets also and my be your issues, may need to set home as a charging location again and set up schedules
Thanks for the detailed fix. I got the navigation working by just trying several things I thought might work. Got it working but have no idea which thing fixed it.
With you procedure now I have a road map to try.
Thanks again.

melissphillips

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Job 1, 2021 still stuck on 2.7.4 without BC. Been EA wait listed since January. Seeing posts about 3.3.X is depressing.
Mine was the same way and I called them and found out that the next download after that had crapped out and that was blocking all others from coming through. They said I had to go get the updates done at a dealer to get it back on track. Just dropped the car off this morning.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
Mine was the same way and I called them and found out that the next download after that had crapped out and that was blocking all others from coming through. They said I had to go get the updates done at a dealer to get it back on track. Just dropped the car off this morning.
Thank you! What updates did you specifically request the dealer perform? From what I understand the numerated "power ups" only come through OTA. Dealers often will not simply "apply all possible updates" without citing a specific issue. Can you explain how you presented this issue to them? Much appreciated.

Edit: I have an appointment for the 22nd to get the BC update, but I'm wondering if I should nudge for more updates.

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
It took a little less than 2 weeks for my car to get 3.1.1, 3.2.1, and 3.3.1.

So far I have had more problems than improvements.

Problems:
1. Carplay navigation breaks. Can't use Apple Maps, Waze, Google, etc as location services apparently does not work. I have to reboot Sync to get it to work again.
2. Guest profile is selected. Pressing the assigned preset buttons does not select the appropriate profile but does move the seat. Selecting the profile from the Sync screen does nothing. I have to reboot Sync to get to pick my profile.
3. I can't open the rear hatch unless I first open any other door. I am not positive if this is related to the updates or to the module updates I did a week or so prior.

Observations:
Before the updates I had to reboot sync about once or week.

After the updates I have had to reboot sync about once a day.

Improvements:
1. Several new games I will probably never play
2. Support for dual phones but at least for me a worthless feature.

Heddlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache4x Premium
Country flag
Got 3.3.1 today Canadian 22. Still no recall OTA, is there a chance the recall is actually included with these 3.x power up?

ponydsp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME Premium 4ER, Taycan CT, 650s, F8 on order
Country flag
Got 3.3.1 today Canadian 22. Still no recall OTA, is there a chance the recall is actually included with these 3.x power up?
I got my OTA recall update the day after 3.3.1 so hopefully yours will occur soon.

EV Lab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME 4XE, Ford F-150, Honda Civic EV conversion
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I have a Job 1 Dec 2020 build.. I think Ford just forgot that they make my car. No updates, No BC, nothing. Must rare thing… if I look on the NHTSA website my car appears to be on the connector box recall but if I enter my vin on Ford website it said that my car don’t have any recall. Like I mentioned…. Ford forgot that they manufactured my Mach-e. 🤪
Mine is a Dec 2020 build as well, and I got so frustrated with the lack of updates I just bought the programming tool and power supply to do it myself. I now have BC, but still don't seem to get the latest PowerUps. My latest update is 2.8.3 in May.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Mine is a Dec 2020 build as well, and I got so frustrated with the lack of updates I just bought the programming tool and power supply to do it myself. I now have BC, but still don't seem to get the latest PowerUps. My latest update is 2.8.3 in May.
That's because there haven't been any OTA updates for your car. If you updated everything using FDRS and have no available updates showing you probably don't have any OTAs pending. My '21 Job 1 hasn't had an OTA in the queue for over 6 months now. These new updates that add things like Alexa and dual phone etc. probably haven't been released for your car yet. I know they haven't for mine.

EV Lab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME 4XE, Ford F-150, Honda Civic EV conversion
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
That's because there haven't been any OTA updates for your car. If you updated everything using FDRS and have no available updates showing you probably don't have any OTAs pending. My '21 Job 1 hasn't had an OTA in the queue for over 6 months now. These new updates that add things like Alexa and dual phone etc. probably haven't been released for your car yet. I know they haven't for mine.
Where is it documented what OTAs are in the queue for particular jobs/years? Are there release notes that describe who's targeted?

Flashing any available updates really did help my car, as there were modules that had to be updated multiple times, and subsequently unlocked updates in other modules. There's obviously some dependencies on some modules. For example, while every other similar job/year was already getting BC, mine was stuck several updates down. Flashing myself (for 6 hours!) got the BC working.

I guess I'm trying to make sense of Ford's decision of who gets what updates.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Where is it documented what OTAs are in the queue for particular jobs/years? Are there release notes that describe who's targeted?
That information is locked away in Ford's OTA teams somewhere. Publishing this type of information tends to make changing the OTA course when needed, far more controversial than necessary.
Sponsored