Ford PowerUp 3.1.1, 3.2.1, and 3.3.1 (Update)

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
So is that feature dead for Job 1s?
It hasn't been mentioned in months now. I'd say if an update doesn't appear by the end of the year for the frunk release, it's dead. Jimrpa may have to buy a newer model to reach nirvana.

EDIT: Emma Bergg mentioned it is coming this fall:

Sponsored

Last edited:

notaek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Anyone get this update yet? This is the first update I’ve received since getting my 2022 Mach E Premium in March. I couldn’t find anything online regarding this update. Hoping for recall update soon!

BBA20F39-FFED-4729-858A-3DC7B370ADB3.jpeg
Same. First update since I picked up my 2022 Premium in April.

robbinbadams

First Name
Robbin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California Route 1
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I just wish they would fix the buggy software with sync 4. The interaction car play, Waze, and SirrusXM has is constantly screwed up. If Waze talks when listening to text SirrusXM will shut down. Then you have to turn it back on. Same thing with Audible.

notaek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
3.1.1 is listed as "Preparing your vehicle for Alexa Built-in". Since '22s have Alexa already, this would be a minor bug fix.

Looks like 3.1.1, 3.2.1, and 3.3.1 will be the series to get to Alexa and the latest SYNC on '21 vehicles. Supposedly another game or two coming too along with a few other features.
“Big things are coming”

This seems like something very different than just Alexa, which is already on these vehicles.

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
“Big things are coming”

This seems like something very different than just Alexa, which is already on these vehicles.
I wouldn't expect Ford to write a different description for 2021 and 2022 vehicles. The 2021s don't have Alexa yet, and that's probably what they are talking about. I wouldn't read too much into it. Hope is ill-placed in these updates.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Mine just finished 3.1.1 as well, it's a GWM update. Took about 5 minutes to install.
Anything available in FDRS? I’m fully updated and haven’t got 2.8.3 on my 21 Job 2 yet still no APIM update. So odd FDRS is behind OTAs.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Anything available in FDRS? I’m fully updated and haven’t got 2.8.3 on my 21 Job 2 yet still no APIM update. So odd FDRS is behind OTAs.
I haven't checked in a few weeks, but being in EA could have something to do with the OTA showing up first. It would make sense to deploy this to '22s first since the differences in software are probably pretty minor compared to pre-Alexa builds. I'm going to guess you need 2.8.3 completed first before you'll be able to get the 3.x series. 2.8.3 is still deploying.

What does GWM mean?
Gateway Module

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
It hasn't been mentioned in months now. Farley thinks it happened already. I'd say if an update doesn't appear by the end of the year for the frunk release, it's dead. Jimrpa may have to buy a newer model to reach nirvana.
Sadly, I’m inclined to agree with this assessment. The silence isn’t making things look good for this feature.

This particular OTA will be the first one where I’ll turn auto updates off and refuse to install. I do not want Alexa in my car for any reason whatsoever. It won’t get installed until and unless I know it can immediately be removed. Even if that means never installing a subsequent (and perhaps unlikely) frunk update.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Sadly, I’m inclined to agree with this assessment. The silence isn’t making things look good for this feature.

This particular OTA will be the first one where I’ll turn auto updates off and refuse to install. I do not want Alexa in my car for any reason whatsoever. It won’t get installed until and unless I know it can immediately be removed. Even if that means never installing a subsequent (and perhaps unlikely) frunk update.
Alexa isn't activated until you set it up yourself and sign into your Amazon account. It's optional. I haven't activated mine. So I wouldn't hesitate to install 3.x just because of fear of Alexa.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Alexa isn't activated until you set it up yourself and sign into your Amazon account. It's optional. I haven't activated mine. So I wouldn't hesitate to install 3.x just because of fear of Alexa.
I don’t even want to see the icon for the app. Period. Living in Hawaii we already have enough entanglement with Amazon (Prime) without adding this to it.

Yes I’m serious. :)

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It hasn't been mentioned in months now. Farley thinks it happened already. I'd say if an update doesn't appear by the end of the year for the frunk release, it's dead. Jimrpa may have to buy a newer model to reach nirvana.
I tweeted at Jim Farley about it. Everyone with a Job 1 that wants the remote release should also.

Valkyrie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Occupation
Future Prediction
Country flag
Maybe Alexa will be subscription only! lolz

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
What is the technical difference between Job 1 and Job 2 cars that they can't have the same features?
Sponsored