Ford PowerUp 3.1.1, 3.2.1, and 3.3.1 (Update)

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Anyone get this update yet? This is the first update Iā€™ve received since getting my 2022 Mach E Premium in March. I couldnā€™t find anything online regarding this update. Hoping for recall update soon!

BBA20F39-FFED-4729-858A-3DC7B370ADB3.jpeg
Are you in early access?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
It hasn't been mentioned in months now. I'd say if an update doesn't appear by the end of the year for the frunk release, it's dead. Jimrpa may have to buy a newer model to reach nirvana.

EDIT: Emma Bergg mentioned it is coming this fall:

Whoā€™s Emma Bergg?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Sadly, Iā€™m inclined to agree with this assessment. The silence isnā€™t making things look good for this feature.

This particular OTA will be the first one where Iā€™ll turn auto updates off and refuse to install. I do not want Alexa in my car for any reason whatsoever. It wonā€™t get installed until and unless I know it can immediately be removed. Even if that means never installing a subsequent (and perhaps unlikely) frunk update.
Actually, at this point, Iā€™ve pretty much resigned myself to the fact that 2021 Job 1s will not get a remote opening frunk and Iā€™m stuck until I tech refresh the vehicle (MY 24 or MY 25) with whatever is next (definitely not the F150L - wonā€™t fit in my garage and way out of my price range!)

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I tweeted at Jim Farley about it. Everyone with a Job 1 that wants the remote release should also.
What is his twitter username?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
My 2022 just got 3.1.1 (at least per Ford.com, haven't been out to the car). I am in EA, but thought it was only for the intelligent range.

There will be a major update in October and another in March for all Mach-Es.

Edit - car shows no update. FordPass doesn't tell me I have an update. Ford.com, by doing Inspect, Network, Reload, shows the update.

Edit - app now shows the update.

Last edited:

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
By the way gang, the reason why Iā€™m so whiny about this is because all the components are literally IN THE VEHICLE! Theyā€™ve been there from day one. The external emergency frunk release wouldnā€™t work without them! Ford has had the code for this since 2021 Job 2 and while theyā€™ve been screwing around with critical product enhancements like Blocks and now Alexa, they apparently have not spent a second of time on this. Some people have had Job 1 cars for 1.5 years now. Sheesh.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
By the way gang, the reason why Iā€™m so whiny about this is because all the components are literally IN THE VEHICLE! Theyā€™ve been there from day one. The external emergency frunk release wouldnā€™t work without them! Ford has had the code for this since 2021 Job 2 and while theyā€™ve been screwing around with critical product enhancements like Blocks and now Alexa, they apparently have not spent a second of time on this. Some people have had Job 1 cars for 1.5 years now. Sheesh.
Yeah, itā€™s crazy itā€™s taking so long, but I wouldnā€™t say theyā€™ve been screwing around with games, itā€™s not like the same person who works on the frunk release makes the blocks game.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Sheā€™s actually been very helpful to people with dealer issues, I trust her. Itā€™s also nice she replied at all.
Youā€™re right - my response was a bit grumpy. Unlike brand T, ford does have a PR department AND ford HAS tried to positively engage with customersā€¦
Sponsored