Ford PowerUp 3.1.1, 3.2.1, and 3.3.1 (Update)

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
So Ford can figure out how to deploy Alexa, but not a frunk release? Really? 🙄
This 'feature' will bring in the cash....frunk buttons...not so much.

Just follow the money..cause as they say..it's all about the benjamins.

Mike

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just got 3.1.1 today. Still nothing on the 22S41, though
That's Ford's priorities in a nutshell. How much you bet that you'll get Alexa before you get the recall OTA?

Muppets!

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
That's Ford's priorities in a nutshell. How much you bet that you'll get Alexa before you get the recall OTA?

Muppets!
They have a week to get the OTA done, or it's going to the dealer for the update. Talk about the Benjamins, it's certainly cheaper to have a successful OTA than pay a service tech, but hey, what do we know?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Just got 3.2.1 this morning on my 2022. Yes, I'm in EA.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They have a week to get the OTA done, or it's going to the dealer for the update. Talk about the Benjamins, it's certainly cheaper to have a successful OTA than pay a service tech, but hey, what do we know?
Emmm...and they will blow right by that deadline. Wanna know why? Cause they can't get all the cars out there on the same page with OTAs.

There are still cars in the hundreds, possibly thousands, that got an OTA that 'stuck' their system and corrupted data, and because dealer techs didn't have the necessary info to correct the issue until 13 April (TSB 22-2150), and didn't have the necessary locally purchased cabling and Ethernet adapter(s), and then had trouble understanding the process (or gave up trying).

So as a result, many of these owners have no idea that their cars are stuck, and no idea why they are not getting OTAs, and have no idea why settings in their update schedules don't stick, or why when they think they are doing everything they've read or heard from others about what they need to do to ensure OTA success, it still doesn't work.

There are people on this forum who own a '21 Job 1 car (with Active Prep 2.0) who still don't have BlueCruise and they are still waiting for the series of OTAs that will get them there.

There are too many variables and preconditions that keep OTAs from happening for a lot of people. If you live in a large metro area and commute daily and charge everynight, and your car is not stuck due to either a failed OTA 1.7.1 or is suffering the ill effects (data hangover) from 1.7.1 and you follow the recommendations for setting the update schedule (nothing around 12AM etc.) and remember to set your parking brake (mentioned by the OTA helpdesk (833) 926-3233), and your car isn't charging at the time, and the 12V battery is above 80% state of charge, and the doors are all closed, etc, etc. You might get lucky if your car has been scheduled by the cloud.

So I recommend that anyone that hasn't gotten an OTA that brings their hardware capable car to BlueCruise, or hasn't gotten the 22S41 recall OTA reach out to the Ford OTA helpdesk to find out why their car isn't getting these updates. Remember, bad news doesn't get any better with age. It's better to know now that your car has a problem getting OTAs then to just keep waiting.

Again that phone number for the OTA helpdesk is (833) 926-3233, but don't ask for Alexa, she's busy.

Mike

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Some have said that once you press the Alexa icon at the top of the screen next to your profile button and set it up so you're signed up that the icon goes away.

If true, that's a pretty d*** move to place an annoying icon on the top of your display, right next to your profile icon just to make you want to get rid of it so badly that you'll sign up to let Amazon track your car/truck.

As soon as I can get FORSCAN to work on my Lightning I'll be removing that 'feature button' and I will never setup Alexa. If Ford was smart they'd offer a way to opt out of setting that up and include the option to remove the icon for those who don't want to ever enable that.

I don't see that happening.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Some have said that once you press the Alexa icon at the top of the screen next to your profile button and set it up so you're signed up that the icon goes away.

If true, that's a pretty d*** move to place an annoying icon on the top of your display, right next to your profile icon just to make you want to get rid of it so badly that you'll sign up to let Amazon track your car/truck.

As soon as I can get FORSCAN to work on my Lightning I'll be removing that 'feature button' and I will never setup Alexa. If Ford was smart they'd offer a way to opt out of setting that up and include the option to remove the icon for those who don't want to ever enable that.

I don't see that happening.
If they do make that icon non removable absent dinging up, I’ll either turn off automatic updates and not accept any that deal with Alexa, or I’ll simply always been in CarPlay and never use their UI.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
If they do make that icon non removable absent dinging up, I’ll either turn off automatic updates and not accept any that deal with Alexa, or I’ll simply always been in CarPlay and never use their UI.
Just put a piece of black electrical tape over it.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Just put a piece of black electrical tape over it.
“Hey Siri”
“Yes?”
“Tell Alexa to turn off and uninstall”
“Glady.”

I really don’t use Siri either.
Sponsored