Ford PowerUp 3.1.1, 3.2.1, and 3.3.1 (Update)

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
Got 3.2.1 yesterday on my 22. I am not EA.

Games are a cool feature, the kids enjoy them and that will likely only last a few days. i wish the driving game would use the volume knob. The puzzle game was a challenge for my daughter and I last night.

While I know most are not impressed with these changes I think this is a good sign. From an IT perspective Ford has pushed out several updates over the past few weeks successfully. Yes there will be bugs and hopefully Ford can continue to push out more exciting updates as time goes on. I have only had the car for 6 weeks so I may be a bit more optimistic...
Sponsored

rdemner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I apologize I don’t have the free time to scroll through 18 pages, can anyone tell me what the changes they made to the climate control are? Thanks!

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
MY 22 GT didn't see any change with 3.3.1 other than the Dual Phone feature.
  1. Question? Did the e-heat button change position?
  2. A/C button will appear in later model cars as below once update is sent

Trying to Decode: "We tweaked the touchscreen menu to make it easier to find and faster to use. Because when you want heat or A/C, you want them NOW"

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford PowerUp 3.1.1, 3.2.1, and 3.3.1 (Update) 1660672501836

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
3.3.1 completed today. So on 9th, 11th, 12th I received updates and completed without issue.
I’m beginning to think this OTA is real. Don’t disappoint us on the recall.🤞
Power-Up 22S41 and 22S29 recalls were completed today 17th on our 22MY.
So over a 9 day period all OTAs applied :) Not Early Access!

I know this doesn't solve everyone's issues with older MY cars but Ford is actively updating now and I hope this continues from now on.

Fingers crossed for 21 MY owners that your updates go out smoothly. 🤞

melissphillips

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Thank you! What updates did you specifically request the dealer perform? From what I understand the numerated "power ups" only come through OTA. Dealers often will not simply "apply all possible updates" without citing a specific issue. Can you explain how you presented this issue to them? Much appreciated.

Edit: I have an appointment for the 22nd to get the BC update, but I'm wondering if I should nudge for more updates.
When I called the OTA hotline they told me which ones were missing and what to ask for. 21G01 was for the Blue Cruise but I was also missing 21P22 22B10 22S41

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
MY 22 GT didn't see any change with 3.3.1 other than the Dual Phone feature.
  1. Question? Did the e-heat button change position?
  2. A/C button will appear in later model cars as below once update is sent

Trying to Decode: "We tweaked the touchscreen menu to make it easier to find and faster to use. Because when you want heat or A/C, you want them NOW"

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford PowerUp 3.1.1, 3.2.1, and 3.3.1 (Update) 1660672501836
Being in Texas,
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford PowerUp 3.1.1, 3.2.1, and 3.3.1 (Update) 1660824288548

here's what I would like to see:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford PowerUp 3.1.1, 3.2.1, and 3.3.1 (Update) 1660824223287

MONDO

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(2021) Space White, Premium, AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Design Engineer
Country flag
here's what I would like to see:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford PowerUp 3.1.1, 3.2.1, and 3.3.1 (Update) 1660824223287
Thinking ahead to winter, I would like to see the A/C on the left side be dynamic to toggle Heat depending on outside temperature. Say, after temps drop below 60F, let me turn HEAT on/ off instead of A/C.

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
Thinking ahead to winter, I would like to see the A/C on the left side be dynamic to toggle Heat depending on outside temperature. Say, after temps drop below 60F, let me turn HEAT on/ off instead of A/C.
I'm hoping that's what it does based on interpreting " Because when you want heat or A/C, you want them NOW" but, reality might be they just moved the heat button to the center of the climate page.

jmatero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT-P
Country flag
Nice! I'd also like them to ditch the popups for seat heating and temp changes. They're not needed. Tap the temp up/down is enough and for heated seats, just press to cycle between auto/L/M/H/off. Same with the A/C button... have 3 dashes under it and it cycles between OFF/AC/MAX AC.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
I've noticed something since getting 3.3.1

When i start the car, 50% of the time, my navigation is on the main screen (the built-in one) and the other 50%, it's completely off like i dragged it down and turned it off.

Not a big deal, i have to go into the apps and select it, but this is a new behavior that was not there before.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
It took a little less than 2 weeks for my car to get 3.1.1, 3.2.1, and 3.3.1.

So far I have had more problems than improvements.

Problems:
1. Carplay navigation breaks. Can't use Apple Maps, Waze, Google, etc as location services apparently does not work. I have to reboot Sync to get it to work again.
2. Guest profile is selected. Pressing the assigned preset buttons does not select the appropriate profile but does move the seat. Selecting the profile from the Sync screen does nothing. I have to reboot Sync to get to pick my profile.
3. I can't open the rear hatch unless I first open any other door. I am not positive if this is related to the updates or to the module updates I did a week or so prior.

Observations:
Before the updates I had to reboot sync about once or week.

After the updates I have had to reboot sync about once a day.

Improvements:
1. Several new games I will probably never play
2. Support for dual phones but at least for me a worthless feature.
I've had similar issues since 3.3.1. CarPlay connects only sporadically. It really seems to hate if my wife's phone is also in the car, even though I deleted her phone from the car and only my phone is now registered. (She never drives the car without me as she prefers her car.)

And as @ponydsp says, the "Advanced Dual Phone" (AKA "Stupidly Broken CarPay") doesn't work with CarPlay and I suspect that it is the cause of the issues we're experiencing.

I've also had problems with the Guest profile being selected and like you, I couldn't change the profile to my profile, either from the screen or using the door buttons. Oddly I could select my wife's profile however!

Rebooting Sync has "fixed" the above problems, but like you've I've had to reboot it multiple times since 3.3.1. (Prior to the 3.3.1 update I'd needed to reboot it only a couple or so times since I bought the car in early March.)

(I responded to Ford's EA survey with the above observations/trouble reports, but haven't heard back from them...)