David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
So I got the 3.1.1/3.2.1/3.3.1 and recall OTA updates a few weeks ago. Noticed the following after living with it for a while:

1) Lock button on the outside door pillars work a lot better. Previously it would take several tries to get the car to lock using the buttons. Very hit or miss (mostly miss). Now it's 100% solid. Close door, hit lock button, car locks. No delays. Just works.

2) Trip 1 and Trip 2 meters do not appear to be calculating things correctly, and the update screwed up my Trip 2 lifetime average. Prior to the update, my Trip 2 meter, which I hadn't touched since I got the car some ~6600 miles prior to the update, read 3.3 miles per kWh. Trip 1 I reset every time I do a full (90%) charge, so I have an idea what my "tank" average is. My commute to work usually is 3.5 miles per kWh, and 3.1 coming home, which averages out to 3.3, and what Trip 2 would normally show.

After the update, Trip 2 suddenly showed 3.1, but still showed the ~6600 miles. I reset Trip 1, and instead of usually defaulting to 99.9 miles per kWh that it did prior to the update, it now defaults to 3.1. I reset Trip 2 and it also is defaulting to 3.1 and that value hasn't changed in the past ~500 miles. I would have expected it to bounce around between 3.1 and 3.5 after I reset it.
Sponsored

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
My lock button still needs some fidgetting...

I've noticed that my navigation goes away. If I turn off the car with navigation as my display, sometimes it comes back, sometimes i have to go back into the apps to re-start it.
Not that it's a big problem, but all other apps stay, only nav goes away 50% of the time.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
My lock button still needs some fidgetting...

I've noticed that my navigation goes away. If I turn off the car with navigation as my display, sometimes it comes back, sometimes i have to go back into the apps to re-start it.
Not that it's a big problem, but all other apps stay, only nav goes away 50% of the time.
Try swiping across the lock button rather than pressing it.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
I'm sorry, hang on...you have to lock your car? Mine just locks when I get about 15 feet away from it. (I use a fob).

luckie

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD
Occupation
Professor
Country flag
I'm sorry, hang on...you have to lock your car? Mine just locks when I get about 15 feet away from it. (I use a fob).
I'm guessing (like me) sometimes folx like to manually brush the lock icon and lock the car quietly before they depart. It's nice to have both options of "walk away" lock with the beep sound, or push/brush the lock icon to lock it immediately and quietly. Can also press and hold the both bottom numbers (7-8 & 9-0) displayed on the B pillar.

For me, I also like just know when all stuff is working properly.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Not being paranoid, but someone on the other side of your car "could" pop the door open while you're walking away... Not necessarily this steal the car, but stuff inside...

I prefer to lock it myself

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm guessing (like me) sometimes folx like to manually brush the lock icon and lock the car quietly before they depart. It's nice to have both options of "walk away" lock with the beep sound, or push/brush the lock icon to lock it immediately and quietly. Can also press and hold the both bottom numbers (7-8 & 9-0) displayed on the B pillar.

Oh..okay I have the lock notifications turned off...I can just hear the mirrors folding when I walk away.

On the Lightning however I do have to use the keypad buttons or the fob because for some strange Ford reason it doesn't have walk away lock (PAAK is not enabled on my truck yet, builds after the beginning of Aug have it now).

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag

Is walk away lock always associated with a beep? I don't recall ever hearing one. Maybe it is an option that can be toggled on or off and I have it off? Or maybe my hearing isn't so great (entirely possible--I never hear the back up sound either but my windows are almost always closed when I back out of the garage).

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You can turn off the beep and the lights confirmations in the settings
Sponsored