Ford Mustang MachE Extended Warranty from Ford Protect at $50 over Cost!

scubauke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e wanta be
Country flag
Yes the warranty comes into play after the 36 months. In your example if you buy a six year 72,000 esp it will go 6 years, 72,000 miles from new purchase date, so you are really adding 3 years and 36,000 miles to the warranty. You can wait for the 3 years to buy, but they raise the price $100/ year after the first year. I also for information asked for a quote from Granger and the price is identical to Zeiglers price which for me was 8 year, 100,000 miles , $100 deductible with keyfob and internal and external light coverage with the pay in full option. The total from both Granger and Zeigler was $1,370. both flood and lombard were a couple of hundred more. Of course all online sellers are a lot cheaper than from your local dealer. Tried to get my local dealer to match and they laughed.
Sponsored

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Dumb question as I have never kept a car past 3-4 years (lease).
Is this an extended warranty that only comes into play after the initial Manufacturer warranty? So if we have 3 years 36K from Ford, and we purchase 3 years 36K ESP, is that 6 years 72K? If not and they run concurrently, wouldn't it make sense to wait 3 years to purchase this coverage?
This gets a lot of people because itā€™s intentional misleading. The coverage is generally said to start after warranty but this is because the warranty covers everything that this does BUT this is not completely accurate. The service plan( extended warranty or whatever you want to call it) time frame starts from the date of vehicle purchase as new. Therefore a 6 year plan is 6 years from the new vehicle purchase date Not from the plan purchase date. Add-on coverage can be utilized at any time during the contract length.

Last edited:

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Is this an extended warranty that only comes into play after the initial Manufacturer warranty? So if we have 3 years 36K from Ford, and we purchase 3 years 36K ESP, is that 6 years 72K? If not and they run concurrently, wouldn't it make sense to wait 3 years to purchase this coverage?
It would be the same 3 years that you already get under the mfg warranty. Thatā€™s why you get 8 year 100,000 service plan knowing that it is really year 4 - 8 that you need.

While thatā€™s not what I did, it makes sense to wait until late year 3 so long as the plan purchase is still available.
Price does go up each year but you may decide to trade in the MME after 3 years..

Spooky

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Certainly a valid call to wait 3 years or 36k miles. Reasons you may not want to wait though:

- Price likely to go up over those 3 years
- There is a small discount ($100?) if you get it inside of your first year
- Rental car options come with the extended warranty that would be applicable during those first 3 years if your car is in for warranty work. Not a huge deal and many dealers offer loaners anyway, but could be nice.
- There is a pro-rated refund you can get if you sell the car / cancel the warranty, though not sure on the details / exclusion if any.

Generally extended warranties are not worth it if you can afford to self insure, but we did get this through an online dealer others have mentioned in this thread. Considering Iā€™ve used Granger Motors a few dozen times for service on a Jeep I would have used them had I known they were offering this. Same price by the sounds of it though.

I looked at it as more peace of mind. If I never need it great, have an awesome car. If I use it and it pays for itself or a healthy chunk, super awesome. If I donā€™t get it and could have used it for a big billā€¦.Iā€™d kick myself. But in the end we are planning on keeping the MME for at least 7-8 years like we usually do our carsā€¦over the decades this is only the 2nd warranty like this Iā€™ve purchased. But new model year, EVs so newā€¦the peace of mind of having it is nice. Plus did the exterior bulb/interior bulb add onā€¦Iā€™ve replaced super expensive LED headlights in 2 cars nowā€¦.thatā€™ll be worth the price of admission if needed in the MME Between years 3-7.

manicsubmersion

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 hybrid Lariat, 2022 MachE AWD EX Premium
Country flag
I am only speaking about the official Ford warranty, not third part warranties. It is an extension of the basic warranty. You can determine the number of years/ mileage for the extended warranty And the amount of the deductible, if any. This determines the price. At least on the extended official Ford F150 warranty I purchased, there were additional items That can be included such as full lighting module replacement, key fob replacement, and additional rental car coverage. The Ford extended warranty is transferable to a third party (an individual, not a dealer) and refundable if you decide to cancel (prorated based on time used/remaining). I did not purchase my extended warranty from Granger but from another online dealer. At the time of my truck purchase, Granger was unable to quote me on an extended official Ford warranty. I would have purchased from Granger had it been available.

Xweb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E Premium eAWD
Country flag
Thank you for all the answers. With the ESP can I go to my local ford dealer after year 3 for all the work and it will be covered?

Last edited:

Mawby

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford Speedstar Roadster, 2021 Mache CA RT1
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Yes the warranty comes into play after the 36 months. In your example if you buy a six year 72,000 esp it will go 6 years, 72,000 miles from new purchase date, so you are really adding 3 years and 36,000 miles to the warranty. You can wait for the 3 years to buy, but they raise the price $100/ year after the first year. I also for information asked for a quote from Granger and the price is identical to Zeiglers price which for me was 8 year, 100,000 miles , $100 deductible with keyfob and internal and external light coverage with the pay in full option. The total from both Granger and Zeigler was $1,370. both flood and lombard were a couple of hundred more. Of course all online sellers are a lot cheaper than from your local dealer. Tried to get my local dealer to match and they laughed.
Silly dealers that laugh at capitalism at work. Be smart, shop around. I have bought ziegler a few times. I will consider granger in the future at month 11 of my MME. I usually pay for the $0 deductible but may reconsider given the $ difference.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
They list things that are covered, but are just examples and not a full list of what is covered. If its covered under the 3yr/36k warranty, it should also be covered under the premium care warranty.

They advertise it more that almost everything is covered except a few things:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Mustang MachE Extended Warranty from Ford Protect at $50 over Cost! 1648145732592

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Mustang MachE Extended Warranty from Ford Protect at $50 over Cost! 1648145742832

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Mustang MachE Extended Warranty from Ford Protect at $50 over Cost! 1648145758828

OP
OP
Zach@granger

Zach@granger

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Cobra
Occupation
Ford Dealer
Country flag
Thanks. Can you provide a document from for or the underwriter that confirms this?
We can get you a copy of the Ford contract previous to signing. It would have all the details in there.
Correct, but there is a surcharge after 12/12,000 and after 3/36,000 so the contract becomes more expensive.

debsahu

First Name
Deb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 California Route 1 AWD
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
I got contact from Granger for my MME, itā€™s $50 cheaper than Flood Ford ESP. Used my Fordpass points towards the payment, took a day to reflect on my app of an active ESP.
Sponsored