Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Part of the problem is they didn't think through the system requirements for PowerUps. They fitted the MME with minimal, outdated hardware. There's only so much they can do within the constraints. As they cheaped out on that hardware (the infotainment system in particular), they can't spread out software development costs to future car models because there's no way they can continue shipping that hardware.

They want Tesla's margins, but they aren't distributing common systems across an entire fleet. They're not specing future proofing in to hardware. They're still running the same as always with duplicated/overlapping development across models. They created dead end platforms for both the MME and Lightning.
this will be an issue in upgrading to 1.2 if/when that every happens.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I drive a lot. Cross-country. And... BlueCruise is not worth it for more than, maybe, $10 month. Maybe... but not really, because there are many roads I've been on that BlueCruise doesn't cover. So, what's the point?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I do use BC, but really only during non rush hour times when the roads are mostly empty. Trying to use BC during rush hour is not realistic. Even if they added the lane change option I would not find that much value in it. It's a cool feature, but there is no way it's worth that much. I have a feeling they are trying to do a money grab at the point of sale.
I disagree. I found rush hour to be when BlueCruise was most valuable. It made commuting into and out of the city a lot less stressful.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
this will be an issue in upgrading to 1.2 if/when that every happens.
Why do you say that? Theyā€™ve already said 1.2 is coming to all earlier models by the end of the year, and people who are knowledgeable on here have claimed that none of the processors in the vehicle have been upgraded - module changes have been mostly engineering revisions.

Cm12

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Paid the money for the BC package with my 2021 job 2 and expected something like $200 per year after the 3 year period. I expected better from BC 1.0 but was excited that it would continue to improve. A subscription fee of some sort makes sense.

Jacking it up that much for folks who bought those 2021s and have basically been beta testers is just wrong. As much as I absolutely loved the MME, Ford just keeps on making it hard to support them. The absurd dealer shenanigans over the past few years caused my Lightning reservation to turn into a Rivian instead. Ford could blame that issue on the shady dealers but this BC nonsense is all on Ford. I canā€™t imagine ever buying another Ford at this point despite how much I like the MME and believe their EVs are really good.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I would have been happy to buy the Ford Co-pilot 360/Active 2.0 package if Ford had allowed me to purchase it. That said, the amount of time I would have put into using BCHF is so small, I would have balked at $600 for 3 years. $800 per year is insane. šŸ˜±šŸ©

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
So if you donā€™t renew, what do you lose?

Hands free cruise andā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ lane change assist?

But will we still have our intelligent cruise and hands on lane keep assist? I better! I paid $1900 for it.

I just donā€™t see how going hands free vs hands on lane keep could possibly be worth that kinda premium.

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I would have been happy to buy the Ford Co-pilot 360/Active 2.0 package if Ford had allowed me to purchase it. That said, the amount of time I would have put into using BCHF is so small, I would have balked at $600 for 3 years. $800 per year is insane. šŸ˜±šŸ©
My window sticker shows CP360 Assist 2.0. I think it is the adaptive cruise control. BC for 2022 and Ford adaptive cruise control feel identical to me after 5,000 miles of driving.

If no one buys the subscription, it will be free or dirt cheap. In my opinion, it is not a real concern.

The real concern is Ford might want to make sure that the central screen works every time when the temperature is higher than 75F or 80F. So far, my MME central screen does not work right away if it has been park outside and the temperature is higher than 75F-80F. It needs a reboot. I gave someone a ride and the person just laughed at the faulty screen. The friend was interested to buy a Mach E. I think he is now looking into a Model Y. I felt so embarrassed for my MME. @Ford Motor Company

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
There is literally nothing ford can put in this $55k car that I would be willing to pay $75/month on. Thatā€™s insaneā€¦ maybe if it came with satellite tv that i could watch on my commute.. but still no.

Thatā€™s a hell no from me for $800/year. Iā€™ll pay the $600 for 3 years and be out.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
My window sticker shows CP360 Assist 2.0. I think it is the adaptive cruise control. BC for 2022 and Ford adaptive cruise control feel identical to me after 5,000 miles of driving.
<SNIP>
Ford Co-pilot 360/Assist 2.0 is the package that includes BLIS, Adaptive Cruise Control (now called BlueCruise), collision warning, etc. That is what I have in my GT-PE. Ford Co-pilot 360/Active 2.0 is the hardware package that preps the car for BlueCruise Hands-Free (for which you have to buy a subscription), including the eye nanny camera, the 360 cameras, and a few extra sensors. Ford really messed up in making their package naming too confusing. šŸ˜•šŸ©
Sponsored