Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I think this deserves it's own new topic. Ford has decided to apply the 2023.5 BlueCruise pricing scheme to everyone (2021-2023's) seeking a renewal after their initial 3-year subscription expires. Source is this post in another topic:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Quadruples BlueCruise Price to $800/yr for All Renewals BlueCruise New Price

As stated, things work a little differently for Job 1 2021 Mach-E's, which weren't delivered with functional BlueCruise. I believe they got a free 1-year trial starting when the feature was installed, and will have an opportunity to buy an additional 3 years for $600 to provide parity before the price goes up to $800/yr for subsequent renewals.

Obviously this is a huge increase from the previously stated $200/yr subscription rate. Everyone I've talked to is angry about this and no one wants to renew at that price (I agree). Ford likely feels the positive reviews of BlueCruise 1.2 in Consumer Reports and other media outlets (such as @OutofSpecKyle Hogback challenge) warrants a huge price increase to rival Tesla Enhanced Autopilot. I don't think it's worth anywhere close to $800/yr, BlueCruise 1.2 still has issues, constant dropouts on curves, very limited coverage, and uses outdated hardware (EyeQ4) designed in 2015. It is much less sophisticated than Tesla Enhanced Autopilot, which has many times more processing power and can automatically change lanes with no user input, take interchanges, and merge onto freeways.

I think an increase from $200/yr to $250/yr for BlueCruise 1.2 would be fair and reasonable, $800/yr is way too much for a Level 2 ADAS. Most people do not want to pay more than $20/month for it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
My impression before was that it was going to be $300 for 3 years, now they want $800 a year, even though I already shelled out $2k for it when I bought the car? This pretty much seals the deal. Last Ford for me.

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
I love BlueCruise and use it all the time, and I drive a lot. 25K miles a year, but there is no way I would consider paying $75 a month. My wife would tell me to drive like a normal person.

I agree with the op, I would consider $250, even $300 a year.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
They may be testing the waters to see just how much people are willing to pay by paying attention to forum posts like this one.

For me personally, adaptive cruise control and lane keeping are sufficient. Hands off is nice but not at any subscription price. YMMV of course.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Someone at Ford has seriously misjudged.

400% increase?

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
I use it for a lot of miles (but not a lot of weeks of the year).
I would consider $10/mo to maybe $15/mo.

There is no "autopilot" capability that I would consider for $800/yr.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I'm not angry. BlueCruise is worth approximately zero dollars to me. And zero dollars is exactly what I will pay.

BlueCruise was fun to try. I tried it. Now I've had enough. If they ever get it to the point where I don't have to pay attention to the road, I will try it again. Maybe in 2043? Wake me up then.

BostonPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER / AWD Built 12/21
Country flag
Well we knew it was coming after that survey I did the other day looks like they are trying to find a price point. None of the ones they presented to me felt right to me. Some of them were insane in my opinion. I think they are also trying to come up with a one time all in price. They were asking about adding it in to your monthly payment all kinds of things...

If they did an All in and you could transfer it to a new Vehicle then they would have people kind of stuck with Ford... That didn't seem like an option though.

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
For $800/yr, I expect hardware upgrades to be included and Level 3 capability. BlueCruise is using outdated hardware and will not be able to handle new features much past what 1.2 has. Would you pay that much to keep using a 5-year-old piece of technology?

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
For $800/yr, I expect hardware upgrades to be included and Level 3 capability.
I expect John Wick or Frank Bullitt to show up whenever I didn't feel like driving across the state.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Zero dollars for BC and the four other subscription-based services they offer. More likely scenario for me is that I will sell the MME right at the third anniversary and get a more advanced EV that charges faster and is less buggy. We’ll see.

Last edited:

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
Hopefully @Ford Motor Company will open their eyes and see that most people just don't want to pay the insane pricing they want. For me its simple, I will do without! I have tried it on a couple of occasions and just do not feel comfortable letting the car drive me around. Maybe I'm just an old man who thinks technology is for the kids.

Tony

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Wow, just wow. I paid $1900 for BC + Parking + 360 cameras bought my 2022 GT which didn’t say on the sticker that it is a subscription and now they think they’re going to get me and tens of thousands of others to pay $800/year? F that.
Sponsored