SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Thank you for the clarification. I drove an escape loaner with ADCC. I believe you can buy ADCC out right on an Escape. Is Ford renaming ADCC on an Escape and other models to BC and charging for subscription too? I am looking for another Ford with ADCC. I might have to look elsewhere. Let's see what I can get for my ER AWD premium. It might be a good time to be a trader.
Right. My 21 Escape has "Co-Pilot360 Assist+". It was an $895 option so Mach-E buyers paid $1k more for the privilege of paying $800/yr for BC.

I believe "Co-Pilot360 2.0" is just the addition of the eye sensors.

Functionally, the systems work identical, it's basically BC except you have to apply some torque to the steering wheel every so often. Ironically, after my BC expires, the Escape will be the better highway vehicle as it won't have the eye nanny that scolds you every time you blow your nose or take a sip of coffee.
Sponsored

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I think this deserves it's own new topic. Ford has decided to apply the 2023.5 BlueCruise pricing scheme to everyone (2021-2023's) seeking a renewal after their initial 3-year subscription expires. Source is this post in another topic:

BlueCruise New Price.png

As stated, things work a little differently for Job 1 2021 Mach-E's, which weren't delivered with functional BlueCruise. I believe they got a free 1-year trial starting when the feature was installed, and will have an opportunity to buy an additional 3 years for $600 to provide parity before the price goes up to $800/yr for subsequent renewals.

Obviously this is a huge increase from the previously stated $200/yr subscription rate. Everyone I've talked to is angry about this and no one wants to renew at that price (I agree). Ford likely feels the positive reviews of BlueCruise 1.2 in Consumer Reports and other media outlets (such as @OutofSpecKyle Hogback challenge) warrants a huge price increase to rival Tesla Enhanced Autopilot. I don't think it's worth anywhere close to $800/yr, BlueCruise 1.2 still has issues, constant dropouts on curves, very limited coverage, and uses outdated hardware (EyeQ4) designed in 2015. It is much less sophisticated than Tesla Enhanced Autopilot, which has many times more processing power and can automatically change lanes with no user input, take interchanges, and merge onto freeways.

I think an increase from $200/yr to $250/yr for BlueCruise 1.2 would be fair and reasonable, $800/yr is way too much for a Level 2 ADAS. Most people do not want to pay more than $20/month for it.
It's really a horrible package. It's not worth the extra money. Keep your hands on the wheel and save yourself a fortune.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I think this deserves it's own new topic. Ford has decided to apply the 2023.5 BlueCruise pricing scheme to everyone (2021-2023's) seeking a renewal after their initial 3-year subscription expires. Source is this post in another topic:

BlueCruise New Price.png

As stated, things work a little differently for Job 1 2021 Mach-E's, which weren't delivered with functional BlueCruise. I believe they got a free 1-year trial starting when the feature was installed, and will have an opportunity to buy an additional 3 years for $600 to provide parity before the price goes up to $800/yr for subsequent renewals.

Obviously this is a huge increase from the previously stated $200/yr subscription rate. Everyone I've talked to is angry about this and no one wants to renew at that price (I agree). Ford likely feels the positive reviews of BlueCruise 1.2 in Consumer Reports and other media outlets (such as @OutofSpecKyle Hogback challenge) warrants a huge price increase to rival Tesla Enhanced Autopilot. I don't think it's worth anywhere close to $800/yr, BlueCruise 1.2 still has issues, constant dropouts on curves, very limited coverage, and uses outdated hardware (EyeQ4) designed in 2015. It is much less sophisticated than Tesla Enhanced Autopilot, which has many times more processing power and can automatically change lanes with no user input, take interchanges, and merge onto freeways.

I think an increase from $200/yr to $250/yr for BlueCruise 1.2 would be fair and reasonable, $800/yr is way too much for a Level 2 ADAS. Most people do not want to pay more than $20/month for it.
It's nowhere near what Tesla offers so I don't know why people even wanna pay for it

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
I’m not sure I understand what you are upset about. We Job 1 21s clearly got the best deal. We’ve now received BC for free, from whenever you got it OTA or installed by dealer, through the end of this year. That’s roughly 18mos free. And then we can renew for 3 years for $600 total. Nobody else is even getting close to this deal.
The only thing I'm upset about is the implementation/pace of OTA updates.
I didn't get any from last October until last week when the spigot got turned on and I'm now up to 3.5.3.3.
I still don't have BC.
I had an appointment at my dealer to get the update months ago, but the update was put on hold.
I will be taking it in soon so hopefully they can do it now.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I use it when I remember I have it. I like it but as I am sure someone else said, Bye Bye blue cruise , ain’t worth $800 a year.

MachE1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Tesla Model 3/ 2020 Mazda Miata Club
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford really thinks they have a cult following like Tesla owners that will pay for whatever Elon brings out smh…. Wake up Farley….

DenverDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red Mach E
Country flag
tesla FSD is a myth that is always coming next year (ask my buddy who bought it more than 3 years ago) and amounts to a fraud that they are charging way more than $800/yr. It is level 2 ADAS no more no less. Enhanced autopilot is level 2 as well.

Not a fan of a 400% increase.

billy_at

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
So, is hands-on BlueCruise still free?

You just have to pay if you want to be hands-free?

mlhunt856

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium 4X, 2021 GT
Country flag
$800 annual subscription for BC is so absurd I'm having a hard time believing this is true.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
$800 annual subscription for BC is so absurd I'm having a hard time believing this is true.
Agreed, they were discussing this pricing on the GM Bolt forum, Super Cruise is very similar and currently at $250 a year subscription. Now if GM bumps the price we are screwed, if they keep as is Ford will lower the cost.

Texan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Absolutely insane. I don't know who would bite at that price, especially compared to what you get. If anything, this is just another reason for me to switch vehicles/manufacturers in a few years... Just bought this thing in February and I'll probably be locked in for 3-4 years, but after that (and maybe even before) I'll be closely watching what else is available.

Has anyone confirmed whether the subscription is tied to the 360° camera functionality?

EMachE

First Name
Enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Escape Hybrid
Occupation
Mechanic
Country flag
Wow, just wow. I paid $1900 for BC + Parking + 360 cameras bought my 2022 GT which didn’t say on the sticker that it is a subscription and now they think they’re going to get me and tens of thousands of others to pay $800/year? F that.
Exactly what I was thinking, seems misleading

Blackpony

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am a former Navy pilot and, after that, a corporate pilot and the planes I flew some 40 to 50 years ago all had some form of autopilot in them. I cannot imagine what would have happed if the manufacturer tried to make the system that cost a lot of money to be installed, subscription based or, for that matter, what the FAA would have said about that. When I use BC I do so like I did flying: keeping my hand on the controls to make sure my machine was doing what I want it to do not what some bug-infested program thinks it should be doing. $800 a year for that is ridiculous. I bought the MME because I wanted an EV to cut down on our carbon footprint not because I wanted the latest tech on the road. In fact, I would have liked the car a lot more if it didn’t have all the tech crap they stuffed into it. So, no I will not pay Ford for a subscription for a sometimes functioning BC and when that day comes I will be looking at what other companies have to offer.
Sponsored