Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
A Mach-E equivalent of TeslaFi would be terrific. My buddy has shared a number of his Tesla road trips with me and it's so fascinating to see each segments data as well as the charging session. Plus it also keeps track of lifetime charging for both AC and DC.

The DC totals are especially important because Tesla will start to de-rate charging speeds once a certain kWh threshold has been reached.
It's amazing. I really, really hope someone is able to decode the Ford API to make "FordFi" for us. With as many people as pay for TeslaFi, I'm shocked Ford isn't making their own version of it. I'm probably going to look into logging via OBDII manually myself if FORScan can work with Mach-E.
Sponsored

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I want the range to be just enough more than Tesla so they have to use even more of their battery in order to match it.

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag
it isn’t so much that it can’t, but rather that it currently doesn’t. And this holds for both EVs and ICE vehicles.

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
only if EPA range is more than customer expectations by at least as much as they post under it.

I have an expectation of about 270 miles. If they come out with 230 and EPA range is really 250, it won’t be exceeding my expectation.

Last edited:

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Fair enough.
I expect most who pay attention to this stuff would agree that the EPA test gamut, even the highway cycle alone, doesn’t represent highway driving in most places.
It is, however, a repeatable standard.
The distance light travels in a vacuum in about 1/300 million seconds is meaningless to essentially everyone. So is the length of a rod locked up in France, or 1/10,000,000 of the distance from the equator to the North Pole. But a standard meter is nonetheless important.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Highly unlikely, since nearly every BEV loses significant mileage at high speeds. But I guess we'll find out soon enough for the MME when we actually get to drive it at 75. I'm going in expecting something around a 20% loss, based on the variety of expert data.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
EPA is a standard that other conclusions should be able to be drawn from and it does not matter the average speed if extrapolation can be derived. It should be controlled so as many variables that can be are kept constant (indoors, same rolling resistance etc.) to aid in comparing a new EV from past (current) ones. The problem is that standard varies "at the administrators discretion" which makes the standard political and therefore needs to be viewed with caution if not skepticism. Wonder if WLTP is more of a standardize standard? Real world on a 100 KW pack (no only 88 now) should be ok; we assume ford has got this one. As for highway "interstate" tests I am sure owners will get to that. Head winds, road conditions, temperature, elevation change (from somewhere in the mid-west to somewhere in the mid-west) will then all be up for debate. Welcome to the fun of new tech :cool:.

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It should be controlled so as many variables that can be are kept constant (indoors, same rolling resistance etc.)
note: rolling resistance is not constant, it is set relative to the aerodynamics of the specific vehicle.

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
According to our Ford employee forum members, the EPA test has NOT been done. He has stated this a couple times that I have read and asked that people not spread fake information about its result.

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
I really am getting tired of reading the debate about which is more accurate when it comes to a lab test result v. real life. I'm sure I am not the only one. They both has important value to all of us. Yes, a lab test is repeatable, because it is always in a constant ideal control. Yes, a real life test result is important because WE LIVE IN AND DRIVE IN REAL LIFE, not a lab controlled environment. Can we agree to disagree about which is MORE important and just get excited for the delivery of our highly anticipated new cars? Please.
Sponsored