zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
When they start becoming available, yes.

"Available" doesn't necessarily mean every one of them. It typically means "Starting in XXX".

It says the same thing for Premiums. Similarly, that doesn't mean every Premium will be available in late 2020 either.

And "First Edition" doesn't necessarily mean every single FE will get sold before the first Premium does. I do expect they'll be the bulk of the early ones, but probably not exclusively.
I understand that. But the discussion started off by saying
Essentially, if your reserved a 1st Edition or Premium then you can expect it late in the calendar year. GT will arrive Summer 2021
I'm saying we always knew that.
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I understand that. But the discussion started off by saying

I'm saying we always knew that.
It's the "Essentially, if your reserved a 1st Edition or Premium then you can expect it late in the calendar year" part that I think probably leaves the wrong impression.

For instance, I have a Premium reserved and I don't expect it late in 2020 (my res# is 29xxx). And I'm not even fully convinced all FEs will make it to dealerships before the end of 2020.

Petter

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit (2017), Mustang Mach-E, FE (2021)
Occupation
Media manager/editor
Country flag
When they start becoming available, yes.

"Available" doesn't necessarily mean every one of them. It typically means "Starting in XXX".

It says the same thing for Premiums. Similarly, that doesn't mean every Premium will be available in late 2020 either.

And "First Edition" doesn't necessarily mean every single FE will get sold before the first Premium does. I do expect they'll be the bulk of the early ones, but probably not exclusively.
Note that in the article Jason Mase uses the word "delivery":)

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Ultimately, no one actually knows for sure - because unforeseen complications and issues will undoubtedly occur before and during production. Things may actually go swimmingly and the delivery schedules could be accelerated, but in lieu of what happened with the explorer I think they will be more cautious. That's why the dates are vague: it is impossible to be certain. It is also clear in a few cases that he may be stating opinions or incorrect information. At some point he mentioned that the OTA updates would only be for the infotainment system, which contradicts Darren Palmer. I will side with Palmer in those contradictions.

Long story short: the 2020's will be delivered when they can be, and no amount of angst or tea-leaf reading is going to change that.

Petter

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Media manager/editor
Country flag
Long story short: the 2020's will be delivered when they can be, and no amount of angst or tea-leaf reading is going to change that.
But monstrous emission fines in Europe may;-)

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
geeze summer 21? What a long slow wait... Only upside is maybe will work through the early production issues, but still thats a year and a half wait. . . bleh...

EyeOnMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X. Prev: Restored a 67 Mustang convertible
Country flag
The FE is a sub-set package off of the Premium trim. The FE includes all of the premium trim features plus the extras as previously described. So for example, the Premium trim could be package #300 and the FE would be package #301 that includes all of the #300 features ++.
Actually the Premium would be a sub-set package of the FE. Or said another way, the FE would be a "super-set" package of the Premium trim.

As for the nitpicking discussions trying to interpret delivery the FE and Premium trims in 2020, IIRC the FE reservations were capped at 50k. I don't know what Ford's anticipated production run rate will be but if they're targeting late 2020 I highly doubt they will produce/deliver 50k FEs and Premium orders without having to continue into 2021. It basically boils down to when they start production, the run rate, and where you're in the reservation line. And only the last one you (kinda) know. So in mean time, grab a cup of coffee and relax. Before you know it, one will be in parked in driveway soon enough.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
No, the FE is definitely the subset (smaller set), if the sets even have a union (which I am not convinced they do). They will keep making the premium long after all the FE have been produced, so mathematically no way is the premium a sub-set.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Actually the Premium would be a sub-set package of the FE. Or said another way, the FE would be a "super-set" package of the Premium trim.
I think what they are saying is that as a 'super-set' the FE contains all of the features of the Premium. It was a poor word choice on my part.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Also the FE was capped somewhere in the 4 digits, so at most 9,999, probably less. It's first year including all models that was capped at 50,000.

EyeOnMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X. Prev: Restored a 67 Mustang convertible
Country flag
No, the FE is definitely the subset (smaller set), if the sets even have a union (which I am not convinced they do). They will keep making the premium long after all the FE have been produced, so mathematically no way is the premium a sub-set.
My comment was based on hybrid2bev's comment of "The FE includes all of the premium trim features plus the extras as previously described. So for example, the Premium trim could be package #300 and the FE would be package #301 that includes all of the #300 features ++. "

Based on that the Premium is a sub-set of the FE. Now if the Premium does indeed have features that will not be included in the FE and vice versa, then sub- or super-sets is irrelevant. Let's move on ...

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag

As for the nitpicking discussions trying to interpret delivery the FE and Premium trims in 2020, IIRC the FE reservations were capped at 50k. I don't know what Ford's anticipated production run rate will be but if they're targeting late 2020 I highly doubt they will produce/deliver 50k FEs and Premium orders without having to continue into 2021. It basically boils down to when they start production, the run rate, and where you're in the reservation line. And only the last one you (kinda) know. So in mean time, grab a cup of coffee and relax. Before you know it, one will be in parked in driveway soon enough.
Ford is putting out any info a teaspoon at a time. I stopped by my dealership to pick a part and I was noticed by the sales manager. Recognized me right away. I asked him what they were doing with preparations of the Mach E. I was told that the dealership is installing FCDC chargers and training of personnel is on track. What Ford has not said yet......is if those chargers at the dealerships will be part of Ford's charging network. Also could not get a definite answer as to when Ford or the dealership will start contacting the reservation holders. Since most of us have reserved the vehicle on line would they use email or phone call or both. In the meantime I read the releases, drink my coffee and if the email or phonecall doesn't happen until July then I will visit the dealership to inquire. If any of you gets the email, please post it.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3
Country flag
What Ford has not said yet......is if those chargers at the dealerships will be part of Ford's charging network.
I sure hope all these chargers display in the car, and show if they are in use real time. Would hate to search out a dealer only to find they only have 1 or 2 chargers and they are already being used. Also, I hope people are charged idle fees so someone does not plug in and go eat lunch while their car is fully charged. Just "having a charger" is a start, but they have to be integrated and the process seamless.

If not, there will be many unhappy people that assumed having a charger was good enough. It has to be an available charger with real time data. I know from years with a Volt. It has no charger smarts, but has gas backup

Petter

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Media manager/editor
Country flag
I highly doubt they will produce/deliver 50k FEs and Premium orders without having to continue into 2021
Ford's plant in Cologne builds 1150 Fiestas DAILY. If the production of the Mustang Mach-E starts in the summer (July?), 50.000 cars in 2020 should't be a problem.
Sponsored