Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Promo video, but pretty cool none the less - part of Red Bull's RB19 launch this morning.

I love how the announcer referred to the Mach-E as the "e Ford" when Farley rolled on stage in a Red Bull livery Mach-E. Cringe.

** EDIT ** Checo drove the Mach-E 1400, not Verstappen

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Returns to F1 with Red Bull Racing - Perez Drives the (Red Bull) Mach-E 1400! Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 10.15.29 AM

Sponsored

Last edited:

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Did my son have insider knowledge of this deal when he first saw our car in October 2021? Cannot be a coincidence!

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Very cool!

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
"Drift brake is intended for track use only. It should never be used on public roads. See Owner's Manual for information on use." 🤭

Hmm. Ford, I can't seem to find the drift brake section in the Mach-E Owner's Manual? Were we supposed to get one of those from the factory?

That's either one hell of a joke, one hell of a teaser, or Ford's legal department has gone haywire.

Terence Murphy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 2 MME Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Computer scientist
Country flag
Does it still have the 5 second limiter?
I do hope they’ve made a better HVBJB! Maybe with a design that will trickle down to the MME one day.

gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE (Declined Delivery); 2023 BMW iX M60
Country flag
My prediction based on this: Mercedes or Ferrari will win the Constructor's in 2026.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
"Drift brake is intended for track use only. It should never be used on public roads. See Owner's Manual for information on use." 🤭

Hmm. Ford, I can't seem to find the drift brake section in the Mach-E Owner's Manual? Were we supposed to get one of those from the factory?

That's either one hell of a joke, one hell of a teaser, or Ford's legal department has gone haywire.
The new 24 mustang has a brake "handle" but it's driving an electronic parking brake that's really 'fast'. My guess is in drift brake mode they're actually using the traction system to engage the rear brakes while the handle is up and is probably limited in duration. All of them have 'drift' capability. Sounds like it's going to migrate into other vehicles.

So the drift brake legalese is arriving due to the feature being in vehicles releasing this year.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
@sukhoi_584th or you just probably have two cars with same setup pass inspections and just switch off while the other charges for half hour.