Ford sales

OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150
Country flag
Ford, along with its dealer network, made a rapid shift to online and remote sales. As a result, Ford retail share grew an estimated full percentage point to 13.3 percent – Ford’s best retail share quarter in five years

Online sales are coming, the old way of dealing with a dealer is coming to a end. How long who knows, but i would wager on 10 years from now more then 50% of are cars sold will be online.

Mach-MI

Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Ford, along with its dealer network, made a rapid shift to online and remote sales. As a result, Ford retail share grew an estimated full percentage point to 13.3 percent – Ford’s best retail share quarter in five years

Online sales are coming, the old way of dealing with a dealer is coming to a end. How long who knows, but i would wager on 10 years from now more then 50% of are cars sold will be online.
I guess it took the pandemic to threaten the dealers enough to open up to online sales.

When I bought my 2012 Focus, I got a letter from my closest Ford dealer asking why I didn't choose them (idk if they got my info from the state DMV or what) and I filled out their survey and said "because you weren't willing to deliver on Saturday and I'm not taking time off work to buy a car" and I got a personal angry phone call from the dealer sales manager indignant that I would suggest such a change and they'd been open for 75 years and NEVER delivered a car on a *gasp* SATURDAY so why would they change for just YOU????

To say the dealers are "traditional" would be charitable.