Ford says no more Plug n Charge for canada..

Rogercin

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
As you drive to Niagara Falls, you are very likely going through St Catherines on the QEW. Just north of the QEW on Lake Street at a GM dealership, there are new IVY chargers and some are 150 kW.
I have used this Ivy Charger at the GM dealer, the wedding I attended was 10 minutes from this location, I purposely wanted to try this Ivy Charger, it was my first DC charging for my Mach E - I only plugged for 18 minutes, and it charged from 50 to 80% - the experience was good.
Sponsored

Rogercin

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
Blue Oval Network (BON) Update:
I have done some research and test in the past 2 weeks, although most of my charging is and will be done at home, I wanted to learn more about using other chargers outside of my home. I started to download all apps, Ivy App, EC, EA, Petro Canada, etc, it didn't make sense to me to have all those apps, create usernames, passwords, and add my method of payment to each of them as an option, it was too much hassle. And probably you could just use one of those apps that can manage all the networks, I don't know, still learning.
I went back to the Ford pass app to educate myself on the BON, I added my Credit Card to my ford wallet, then it was as easy as selecting the charger unit in the Ford App Map, plugging the charger and clicking activate in the Ford Pass app, I have tested this feature in 4 different locations, and it works like a charm.
I imagine the difference with plug and charge feature will be that you don’t need to go to the Ford Pass app and click activate.
Since then, I have deleted all the other apps that I previously downloaded, I will not need them, since I can just use the BON in the Ford Pass App.
Hope this helps, cheers!!!

VirgilBoy21MME

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Retired ATC
Country flag
What are the benefits or what does the Blue Oval Charge Network does exactly for Canada - just got my Mach-E on Friday? I have installed a ford charge station at my home in Toronto, but planning to go for a wedding in Niagara Falls next weekend.
Thanks
My understanding from the dealership in Niagara Falls, is that if you use a charger that's within the Ford Network, you get a reduced price.

VirgilBoy21MME

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Retired ATC
Country flag
Blue Oval Network (BON) Update:
I have done some research and test in the past 2 weeks, although most of my charging is and will be done at home, I wanted to learn more about using other chargers outside of my home. I started to download all apps, Ivy App, EC, EA, Petro Canada, etc, it didn't make sense to me to have all those apps, create usernames, passwords, and add my method of payment to each of them as an option, it was too much hassle. And probably you could just use one of those apps that can manage all the networks, I don't know, still learning.
I went back to the Ford pass app to educate myself on the BON, I added my Credit Card to my ford wallet, then it was as easy as selecting the charger unit in the Ford App Map, plugging the charger and clicking activate in the Ford Pass app, I have tested this feature in 4 different locations, and it works like a charm.
I imagine the difference with plug and charge feature will be that you don’t need to go to the Ford Pass app and click activate.
Since then, I have deleted all the other apps that I previously downloaded, I will not need them, since I can just use the BON in the Ford Pass App.
Hope this helps, cheers!!!
Admittedly, it is a pain in the neck dealing with the different networks. I think you are limiting yourself by trying to stay within the Blue Oval network.

Rogercin

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
Admittedly, it is a pain in the neck dealing with the different networks. I think you are limiting yourself by trying to stay within the Blue Oval network.
Perhaps there is a limitation that is unknown - but for now I prefer the convenience of just using the BON with the ford pass app for my odd trips - I don’t think I will be using the Mach E for long trips, it is perfect for daily commutes or short trips.
Cheers!!!

canuck1975

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select MME with tech package - "Peggy"
Country flag
I’m waiting for my delivery but am curious about this. Would you all recommend the individual apps instead of using the BlueOval? So basically EA, EC, Flo etc. etc.?

Rogercin

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I’m waiting for my delivery but am curious about this. Would you all recommend the individual apps instead of using the BlueOval? So basically EA, EC, Flo etc. etc.?
I have used chargers outside of my home 4 times, only one out of necessity and the rest for testing, I am happy with the Blue Oval in the Ford pass app, less hassle to manage a bunch of apps, but this is just me, very convenient just using one app. Every situation is different, I didnt see any price difference between Blue Oval and the individual apps.
Cheers and good luck
Roger

SpongeBad

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang MACH E, 2013 Ford Escape
Country flag
I just use the individual apps - Petro Canada, Electrify Canada and Flo are the three most frequent ones I've used. All work basically the same. When I was in BC, there was also a BC Hydro app, but their chargers worked fine with Flo (same rates), so didn't use it.

Interestingly, Electrify Canada tried to connect to Ford Plug and Charge a few times when I used it (always failed since it was after Ford turned it off). Getting around that was a bigger problem than anything else.
Sponsored