Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
That no resale provision is troublesome. I get why it is there but still.....

Doesn't matter. My dealer found a way to work around this issue and still forced ADM onto the first 25 reservation holders. They just called it something different and included some value added items such as maintenance plans, PPF, floor mats etc. Call it what you want....it is still a bit shady IMO....

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
"The dealer shall conduct dealership operations in a manner that will reflect favorably at all times on the reputation of the dealer, other company authorized dealers, the company, company products..."

In my view, any dealer that price-gouges their customers with ADM stands in violation of this subparagraph of the Sales and Service Agreement.

Ford needs to get tough with these unscrupulous dealers. If they don't, what's next? Demanding more money to convert reservations to orders? Oh, yeah, apparently that's already happening...!

This makes me wonder whether anyone has considered filling a class-action lawsuit against Ford for failing to enforce the provisions of their dealership agreement and thus causing harm to millions of their customers who have been charged ADM?!

Last edited:

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Agree. The only reason why I think it is troublesome is that I want to be able to sell my own property if I wish. If it turns out to be a bad vehicle or I find something better then I should be able to make that choice freely.

But, there are profiteers out there with very little ethics so I get why that language is in there. In the end it would be a legal battle either way and I doubt Ford would pony up the resources to fight it.

Reactions: TRP

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
In the end it would be a legal battle either way and I doubt Ford would pony up the resources to fight it.
They have in the past with the GT40, now whether the Lightning is worth the hassle for them is open for debate

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Yup, but it might be a good reminder.
This is a joke, i.e. not happening.

Ford has offered text to dealer's to prevent a customer from selling a Lightning in the first year.

However, the dealership has to consult with their legal counsel to do so and make it legal in their state.
The dealership has to add it to their paperwork.
The dealership then has to go after the customer.

Dealerships are not going to do this. Most dealers don't care what you do with the vehicle after the sale.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
They have in the past with the GT40, now whether the Lightning is worth the hassle for them is open for debate
No, not the same.

Ford Motor Company restricted the resales of GT40s.

Ford Motor Company is SUGGESTING that DEALERSHIPS can insert language in their contracts.

This is NOT the same thing.

Cm12

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
No, not the same.

Ford Motor Company restricted the resales of GT40s.

Ford Motor Company is SUGGESTING that DEALERSHIPS can insert language in their contracts.

This is NOT the same thing.
Indeed, very different. Exotic manufacturers do this with highly-desirable allocations as well. And the manufacturers typically don’t take people to court, they just disallow any future allocations to the customer, and sometimes the dealer depending on the facts and circumstances. They do it not to keep people from making money, but to protect the exclusivity of the brand.

Ford dealerships aren’t gonna go after people like that. It would be horrific press for dealers to be charging huge ADMs but then saying retail customers can’t even sell their cars. It would be a PR disaster - for both the dealership and Ford itself. I doubt they wanna go down that road, even if they can.
Sponsored