Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Total speculation, but perhaps they found the root cause of TFL's charging issues?
Not sure about TFL but Kyle and the Norwegian's spelt it out.

Peoples sales agreement are a contract, with deposit (consideration), so are legally binding. There was a class action law suit brought on Tesla with regard to software that reduced range. Ford needs to consider if L2 fast charging speed can successfully be argued as falling under the definition of "useable" as the sales agreement clearly states 88 KWh useable. Only saw two problems in the reviews, both with regard to DCFC. Handshake difficulties and an 80% cliff, everything else was a rave review. One would think it is not a safety issue since no one would currently have one.

I am good with Ford doing it right and will wait. Really hope they do not just scrap it as @BlueMach noted about the 2020 Escape PHEV. Still hoping good things may come to those that do wait. All the delay states to me is Ford is looking to do it right. Not all are blinded fan boys dying for delivery and will definitely not be when they start rolling out in the masses. I for one do not want a vehicle I can not road trip.

What I have seen is Ford trying their best, during difficult times, with integrity and professionalism (real hard choice to stop shipping) but really could be a bit better on the communication end with just a wee bit more transparency. Sending an email that just states; wait a few more months may not be the best.

Maybe we can hope the fixes can be implemented at a speedway as that may save cost/time (hoping for the best scenario) as opposed to them requiring to ship them all back? Maybe the problem has been known for awhile and decided to ship some the the speedway and fix them there to make more room down south and keep producing? Don't know pure speculation also.

Good on you Ford ? make it right (I hope). I now understand the reason that the tracker has a yesterday end date ETA but my dealer said it is still just sitting on a lot (what lot?)
Sponsored

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
You're thinking emotionally. I would not want my brand new car taken a part by a mechanic who has never touched a MME work on my car for his first time.
Damn!! True dat!! Never even thought about that. Someone. A lot of someone’s are gonna pop their cherry on our cars!

Reactions: UW2

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
I had an estimated delivery of 1/14 - 1/20. Was actually at the dealer last night to "teach" them about the Options program. The sales manager looked it up on their system and despite all indications of the car making it to Kansas City, the location actually showed up as being at the plant. I thought it was anomaly of being transferred to another carrier, but the Ford delay email may actually have the answer.

My new delivery estimate is March 10 - 16. So bummed.
Can you “teach” me about the options program and what a down payment and possible monthlies would look like?!?

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
I know i am speculating. What if after all the reviews they realized there was an issue with the charging unit and when they contacted LG they realized that they weren't getting the proper performance from the units and after trying to fix them via ota update, they realized that they need to replace it. Maybe they need to wait until LG gets them the new ones which would explain the six-week delay.
this is where better communication would be helpful

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
Wonder what this will do to the stock price today...with all the excitement built up for Mach E, this could deflate a lot of enthusiasm quickly.

In another note...passed a brand new Bronco Sport on the way in today, at the local dealer. Nice salty rub in the face.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Wonder what this will do to the stock price today...with all the excitement built up for Mach E, this could deflate a lot of enthusiasm quickly.

In another note...passed a brand new Bronco Sport on the way in today, at the local dealer. Nice salty rub in the face.
Literally bought shares of Ford yesterday morning on all the positive reviews and publicity coming out......?

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Does it affects Canada as well? I assume that yes but the Ford tracker was updated this morning with today Jan 15th as the ship date...

And for those with a delay, is fordtracker is updated with the same delay or you still have the old date?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford sends mass Mach-E delivery delay emails [Updated with Ford's response] Fordtracker.JPG

Last edited:

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Can you “teach” me about the options program and what a down payment and possible monthlies would look like?!?
If you go to Ford's site, select the Mach E, and "build one" you will see a little calculator in the top left of the screen. That will allow you to see how options vs. retail sale works, and what a monthly payment and balloon would be. There is no calculation there for a lease though.

RobertP

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Country flag
If the seat is an issue... we have experiences with a breaking chair in a Ford Mondeo (Fusion) once. The left side back of the driver seat broke while driving, frame sticking out like a knive - just like that. It was not a pleasant, pretty scary and dangerous experience.
Well... we had more issues with that Ford. We now ordered at Ford again, hopefully these issues are not happening to us again. So better make them save.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
It's gotta be the charging issue. The only other issue that keeps popping up in reviews is laggy touchscreen, but they wouldn't have delayed delivery for that.

Has anyone confirmed the cars are actually in KC? I'm not aware of this "speedway" location. There is a Ford parts distribution center about 15 miles to the south of the Kansas Speedway, but they wouldn't be storing them there. The Ford F150 plant in Calycomo, MO (NE KC) is a far more likely location, but that is a long ways from the Kansas Speedway. I highly doubt they'll be shipping any cars back to Mexico for a fix!

Glad Ford is serious about delivering a great product. Sucks to be the early adopters. I'd hate to think my car was already produced and painted only to be pulled back apart for a mechanical fix. Wouldn't feel as new anymore. It's really hard to remove finished body panels and get everything back in place exactly as before.

Jmills3232

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Own)2016 Focus Electric, (Ordered)Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
my estimated delivery is 1/11-1/17. the dealer called me earlier this week to confirm the car was “in california and on it’s way.”

i have not received an email.

so while i am still hoping to get a call from the dealer this weekend i won’t be surprised now if it’s to tell me there will be a 2 month delay.
Same for me almost exactly. Went in to talk to my dealer last week and he looked it up to see that it was "stop shipped" along with 4 other MME in Riverside. On a hunch, I went back to the JCT Pals Portal this morning and now see two invoices. The second shows that my MME and seven others were received at "Speedway" coming from the "Muncie Ramp". My car has come hear to SoCal and made it back to Kansas? (please not Mexico too!!)
Last week, the day after I went to the dealership, the order tracker showed that my delivery ETA was move from 1/18 to 2/8. Today, the tracker wont recognize my VIN. I have not gotten a delay email from Ford.

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
“To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your 2021 Mustang Mach‑E ......”

Where were the warning signs !?! Lol
1st generation car is always a warning sign. I personally was expecting recalls at some point. At least it is sooner and not later since dealer service is not up to speed yet
Sponsored