AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
I find more information valuable to try to understand which cars are affected and which aren’t. Of course, that’s always an advantage for the latter builds.
Chart below from the survey shows everyone with a build date who has received a revised ETA and some within the same build range who haven't. No one else who completed the survey reported delayed shipments. Can't extrapolate too much but it's data at least

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford sends mass Mach-E delivery delay emails [Updated with Ford's response] Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 1.18.53 PM
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Chart below from the survey shows everyone with a build date who has received a revised ETA and some within the same build range who haven't. No one else who completed the survey reported delayed shipments. Can't extrapolate too much but it's data at least
Some of that data probably needs to be tossed out. How do a couple of them have production dates that are in the future?

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Here is a note from my Sales guy today and yes he is awesome and yes I am sorry about the folks who are in hurry up and wait mode. I am not posting this to rub salt in the wound, just want to add to information. FYI My build date is supposed to be 1/24/21

Hey there!

No changes to your Mach-E Order this week. As always, feel free to reach out with any questions!

Thank you,

SM
Serramonte Ford

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Here's the problem with "full disclosure" of what's going on: Whatever the issue is, there will forever be an air of doubt about that particular subsystem or function.

Then the same unfounded concern gets parroted forever:
I understand. I have been in the position of setting public schedules for software delivery and managing the message behind that, dealing with customer expectations, etc. So none of this is foreign to me. There is definitely a line of transparency that is never crossed. But integrity and customer trust is earned when customers feel you're being honest with them.

What I am saying is that if Ford wants to quell some of the speculation, like what is happening on this very forum, they have an opportunity to manage it differently and get ahead of it with a little more honesty. From my opinion, a two month delay indicates something is wrong and will need to be fixed. I'm not going to speculate on what that is. Ford has been building cars for years and has the ability to go back historically and rehydrate an incredible amount of detail about what happened during production of a given car. The fact that they were able to target an eMail to specific buyers about the current situation is proof.

I'm not asking for a head on a platter. Mistakes happen. It's what you do when you find the mistake, correct it and learn from it that matters. Nor is this about who's first and who's last. I played the lottery and didn't win. I'll move on and forget that by their own admission First Editions are more heavily impacted due solely to where they were in queue I'm assuming. I would just like to have something that feels closer to a clear understanding and presumably truth than what I have now.

Written with respect to everyone at Ford involved with the Mach E.

PaulD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Jaguar XK, Peugeot Bipper Tepee
Occupation
Semi retired management consultant
Country flag
From a European perspective I can appreciate the angst in those who’s cars have been dispatched and are now the subject of a hold order. I believe though cannot be absolutely certain that no customer cars for Europe have left the factory although pretty clearly some were in the 3000? that were built in 2020. Indeed mine says ‘in production‘ 12/9 without any additional information. We have heard nothing from Ford Europe (though not unusual) but why would we as although inferred no firm delivery dates have been given. The cars we assume are still at the factory.

I obviously know nothing of the current situation, it would just seem to me that possibly a random fault was identified in some but not all of the production run. Be it a rogue installation error, an intermittent faulty component, a random hardware or software error. The fault was diagnosed, all factory vehicles checked and a remedy found. All the vehicles at the factory could be corrected quickly and the only those that had left needed the stop notice so they too could be checked and if necessarily corrected.

I much prefer to hold this scenario than the other nightmares suggested that would have me hovering over the cancel order button.

The delay time quoted will be to cover Ford from the maelstrom if they gave an earlier date and missed it again.

They know the forum is watching every step, as too will be the media.

Their fist real BEV is as we appreciate a really big deal for Ford. They will accept upsetting a few early buyers with later delivery dates but not with faulty cars.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I understand. I have been in the position of setting public schedules for software delivery and managing the message behind that, dealing with customer expectations, etc. So none of this is foreign to me. There is definitely a line of transparency that is never crossed. But integrity and customer trust is earned when customers feel you're being honest with them.

What I am saying is that if Ford wants to quell some of the speculation, like what is happening on this very forum, they have an opportunity to manage it differently and get ahead of it with a little more honesty. From my opinion, a two month delay indicates something is wrong and will need to be fixed. I'm not going to speculate on what that is. Ford has been building cars for years and has the ability to go back historically and rehydrate an incredible amount of detail about what happened during production of a given car. The fact that they were able to target an eMail to specific buyers about the current situation is proof.

I'm not asking for a head on a platter. Mistakes happen. It's what you do when you find the mistake, correct it and learn from it that matters. Nor is this about who's first and who's last. I played the lottery and didn't win. I'll move on and forget that by their own admission First Editions are more heavily impacted due solely to where they were in queue I'm assuming. I would just like to have something that feels closer to a clear understanding and presumably truth than what I have now.

I can't disagree with anything you've said. I can also see Ford's position of not wanting to reveal how the sausage is made.

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, simply because they DID stop shipments to check all the cars that are suspect. Rather than keeping mum and just hoping not too many were affected, they actively did something about it. They notified those who might be affected, and they are not hiding the fact that there is a potential issue with those cars.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That is a lot of loading, unloading, truckers in and out of cars, parking, workers in and out, etc. Anyone else concerned about rubs, scratches, rim rash, etc?
There's already a lot of workers in and out of the vehicle moving it around before you buy it. At the plant to park it coming off the assembly line... at the plant to charge it periodically while it's waiting for it's turn to ship... at the plant to load onto the train... at the 1st unloading point (probably KC)... possibly 2 or 3 more loading points in between if it has to transfer... at the point it gets loaded onto truck transport... possibly at another transfer point where it switches to a smaller truck going to your dealer... at your dealer to unload, charge, wash, and otherwise prep for the customer.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
What was your scheduled build week for that one?
Was scheduled to day of 1/11/21 Monday. In order to make that date it would have needed to be sent to plant no later than 1/4/21 but it actually was sent to plant on the 8th. 4 days lag. That followed through the stages and 11/11/21 became 11/15/21 for actual final assembly date so that indicates the assembly process is business as usual. Once it hits the floor then it moves through normally.

From my very limited sample data....it seems like productivity is increasing at a slow and steady pace. Employees down there are starting to kick butt seems like.....

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
Not trying to rub salt in anyone's wound at all. Just pointing out that the press release is probably correct, and that the issue only affects cars built before a certain date. It also seems significant that the factory and movement of cars out of the plant are continuing.

I was OK with all of you saying that your deliveries were scheduled for early January when I didn't even have a build date yet.
what is your config?

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag

From my very limited sample data....it seems like productivity is increasing at a slow and steady pace. Employees down there are starting to kick butt seems like.....
On that survey data?

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag

I don't know what the exact issue is with these vehicles, but I would say I have a decent idea. It's not like CD Projekt Red CP 2077, it's like Shadowlands. Hope this helps.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
I don't know what the exact issue is with these vehicles, but I would say I have a decent idea. It's not like CD Projekt Red CP 2077, it's like Shadowlands. Hope this helps.
Not a gamer, but I still got your point.
Sponsored