AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Same here... I'm hoping it means it's about to ship.
What was in the eta line before? Mine was always 1-1-90. Once it was released for shipping it changed to 2-13-21 which is the eta to dealer that shows up on my customer page now
Sponsored

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
What was in the eta line before? Mine was always 1-1-90. Once it was released for shipping it changed to 2-13-21 which is the eta to dealer that shows up on my customer page now
It was 1-1-90 before. It had gone blank before for a bit, so not really sure what it means. It hasn't officially changed to shipping.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Not sure what you mean by owner page, are you referring to ford pass app or something? I've just been checking the reservation status page:
1610921754345.png
The owner page is what you posted. Your VIN is hidden in the web code and someone here posted step by step instructions how to find it.

With that, you can enter it into the fordtrackertech link on the home page. I can't see that link on my phone though....I can only see it when logged into the forum via my PC.

You will see your produced date in that tracker screen. Can also get your window sticker there. It seems like the window sticker appears when the vehicle is Sent To Plant which is the very start of the production process.

The owner page doesnt update to "Built" until the car leaves the "In Production" status. Probably because the online tracking info doesnt contain the secondary status and "Produced" is a secondary status. So, since the Primary status is all that is available then the author of the owner page has to infer that step. When the vehicle Primary Status changes from "In Production" to either Released or In Transit then by default the vehicle must be built.

Hope this helps.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
It was 1-1-90 before. It had gone blank before for a bit, so not really sure what it means. It hasn't officially changed to shipping.
Mine was never blank that I saw.When the date changed it was accompanied with “Awaiting Shipping”

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Well on a whim I stuck my VIN in NHTSA's recall tracker....
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford sends mass Mach-E delivery delay emails [Updated with Ford's response] 1610931133192

So NO recalls on it yet ;) (at least unrepaired ones!! LOL)

Astro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Since you have a scheduled build week, you can follow the instructions here:
Version 1.5.0
Wow, looks like a lot of info is getting returned by their API, nice instructions thanks, I now have a VIN. When I lookup using this sites tracker it was built on 1/9.

The window sticker however is missing the star safety ratings.

Thanks for the help this API tip should let us look at our own data instead of having to ask dealers haha.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
My ETA End Date is blank today. Despite dozens of refreshes it has not yet changed from blank. I'm hoping the "issue" does not affect my car.

1610924944652.png
Mine was completed a couple days before you, and stayed in the "limbo" state of built but no ETA or ship date for over a week. Then it finally updated the ETA and ship dates - and I got the email that it shipped

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
well my expected delivery of 1/11-1/17 ends today for my std rwd premium. dates still listed on ford.com. tracker still says 1/18 eta.

never got an email from ford about a 2 month delay and new estimated delivery range. but am guessing like someone else, i'll get a call next week from my dealer and somehow that will trigger the website to be updated.

dr.ion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Well this is interesting. My car has been built since late Nov but still at factory. Shortly after being built, I tapped “activate” in the FordPass app (couldn’t resist!). The car was in some pending activation state this entire time , until I checked today and the car was reset, with this app message

either they are getting ready to ship it, or they are going thru the early cars in the lots and performing the same inspections/updates...

4E28F576-927F-4888-9580-82CDF0DFCF7F.png
I believe I am in a relatively similar situation, except my car was built recently on Jan 6 and just received the email that it was shipped on 1/15, with delivery interval 2/15-2/21, ETA 2/22.
I as well was impatient and pressed activate vehicle in FordPass app right after I called and got my VIN number from my dealer last week. The activation was pending all last week until Friday when it was supposed to ship, however palsapp status still says pending destination New Castle, DE :-( ...not sure if it actually shipped.
So my guess is that they test the cars before shipping (I hope ;-) ... unless they will update my status that it is delayed as well, which would be bad since they literally emailed me 2 days ago that my FE shipped and I should get it next month.

Last edited:

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
This article makes me feel like our delay is a media stunt to drive ultimately selling more cars. I’m not really believing this to be the case but it’s a good spin on the situation.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brooke...s-to-set-itself-apart-from-the-tesla-model-y/
I don't feel like it's quite that type of article. It's more comparison. For Example, from the same article, " Tesla was ranked second to last of 26 ranked brands, Consumer Reports said in its auto reliability brand rankings for 2020. "

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
All this concern over the start of the Mach E reminds me of when Disneyland opened...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford sends mass Mach-E delivery delay emails [Updated with Ford's response] 1610931133192

Off topic, but my background experience design and theme parks hated this quote. Disneyland opened in 1955 (the caption miss-quoted the movie) and Pirates didn't open till 1967.

A more accurate line:
"Yeah, but, John, if Jungle Cruse breaks down, the animals don't eat the tourists!"

Since you have a scheduled build week, you can follow the instructions here:
Version 1.5.0
Wow, looks like a lot of info is getting returned by their API, nice instructions thanks, I now have a VIN. When I lookup using this sites tracker it was built on 1/9.
You're welcome! Nice to see when more folks find the tool useful.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Didn't Ford give the people that ordered a Bronco a few hundred dollars off because of production problems.
Kinda, they gave "300 Ford points" or some such. Of course a week later price adjustment a caused my build to be an $2000 more. So....

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
My Dealer's FCTP vehicle shipped on 1/15 . . . mine is still sitting there as far as I know built since 1/08. This car is showing arrival date of 2/28.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford sends mass Mach-E delivery delay emails [Updated with Ford's response] Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 6.59.02 AM

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
No. Ford is scrambling and spending lots of money to make sure these cars are right. Definitely not a media stunt.
CC,

I really was kidding, just passing time while my FE gets a good look over. My other new hobby is watching Tesla YT videos of model "Y" delivery nightmares. This keeps me inline and just thankful that Ford is taking a different approach.

I did say in my post I didn't believe it, was just making light of it. I had read a twitter post replying to Jim Farley alluding to such a theory with the Forbes article.
Sponsored

Last edited: