tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
Same here... I'm hoping it means it's about to ship.
Mine also was produced on 1/9 and still states "in production".

I wonder if they are waiting for the empty rail cars to return to Mexico before shipping another load to Kansas. Surprised it wasn't shipped last week. Fingers crossed for a Mach E Valentine!
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Just logged into ford.com to check my reservation: Tracker still says 3/24 but ford.com says:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford sends mass Mach-E delivery delay emails [Updated with Ford's response] 1610984174270

So its been pulled ahead by a month (~30 days).

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Your car should be finished yesterday or today. Watch for a Production date to appear in the tracker tomorrow.
Unfortunately, no production date appeared over the weekend (or today). It was sent to the plant on 1/6. Still refreshing like a mad man.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Mine also was produced on 1/9 and still states "in production".

I wonder if they are waiting for the empty rail cars to return to Mexico before shipping another load to Kansas. Surprised it wasn't shipped last week. Fingers crossed for a Mach E Valentine!
Probably. It will switch from "in production" to "in transit" once it's loaded on a rail car.

crownmountain

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 2WD ER, 2022 MINI Cooper S EV
Occupation
Industrial network architect
Country flag
I really doubt any vehicle already shipped is going back to the factory for repair. They’re probably going to get them to the dealers where they’ll do the repair work there. Especially if the vehicles already entered the US. That’s my bet anyway. I would also guess that this is similar to the Explorer problem they had in Chicago. In that they had to set up a special place at the plant to repair the vehicles coming off the line to get it right.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I really doubt any vehicle already shipped is going back to the factory for repair. They’re probably going to get them to the dealers where they’ll do the repair work there. Especially if the vehicles already entered the US. That’s my bet anyway. I would also guess that this is similar to the Explorer problem they had in Chicago. In that they had to set up a special place at the plant to repair the vehicles coming off the line to get it right.
Ford already stated they would be repaired in the US.

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
CC,

I really was kidding, just passing time while my FE gets a good look over. My other new hobby is watching Tesla YT videos of model "Y" delivery nightmares. This keeps me inline and just thankful that Ford is taking a different approach.

I did say in my post I didn't believe it, was just making light of it. I had read a twitter post replying to Jim Farley alluding to such a theory with the Forbes article.
I don't know-my friend just got a Model Y- that thing is nice-except that hideous front end. Give new meaning to the term "Butter Face".

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
As for the total number of vehicles impacted by the additional quality checks, Bergg clarified that "It applies to several hundred vehicles (those customers who have been emailed.)"
Just as a point of information..... my order has shown 'in production' since 12/14. I never got confirmation of Build Complete, although I was able to get a VIN. I never got an estimated ship date, so I have not gotten the 'delayed shipment' email either.

.... just complete radio silence from Ford, and 'in production' status....

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Just as a point of information..... my order has shown 'in production' since 12/14. I never got confirmation of Build Complete, although I was able to get a VIN. I never got an estimated ship date, so I have not gotten the 'delayed shipment' email either.

.... just complete radio silence from Ford, and 'in production' status....
Does the VIN tracker show a Production Date?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
no date.... just 'in production'.... still

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford sends mass Mach-E delivery delay emails [Updated with Ford's response] status 210118.JPG
You're Mach-E was produced on/day before Jan 8th, 2021 according to that screen. Note that it's misleading. The date under "Scheduled for Prod" is actually the day it's produced. The date that shows under "Built" is actually the day it's shipped.

See mine below:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford sends mass Mach-E delivery delay emails [Updated with Ford's response] 1611000865266

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag