Share this sentiment - given what the heck is going, I'm pretty lucky to be contemplating buying such a luxury item when smarter people than me have lost their jobsWell, my car was built on 1/8 and still at the plant. That may be a good thing now . . . who knows? I did not get any email, as mine had not had an ETA date, so I guess nothing to tell me. I will look forward to more info I guess. Since some customer cars were delivered we are bound to find out what the issue is.
I've been patient for over a year. Was getting impatient once I knew it was sitting there. Now will have to have some patience again. If this were ANY other car, I would be dropping it and getting something else. I had a Bronco Sport FE AT the dealer that I told him I did not want this week.
But after a long time here, I am done with ICE, and Tesla is just NOT an option. The VW ID4 is facing delays now too, and that car did not excite me. In my mindset, there really aren't any other viable options rather than patience. I will just extend the lease on the Escape again and hope for the best.
If this is the worst thing that happens to me in 2020-21 I will consider myself indeed lucky. If you gave me the choice of the vaccine tomorrow or my car, I know what my choice would be, and it would not be the car.
Hope we all have good outcomes in the end, and if you decide to abandon ship it is certainly understandable.
You poor thing.I think I’m just jinxed or something. I just got done waiting 502 days (who’s counting) for a new C8 Corvette. Supposed to be delivered spring of last year, then strike, then COVID. Picked up December 7. Then while waiting, reserved Mach E on November 18, 2019. So looks like it will be another 504 days for this one. Guess 500 is my lucky number.
I'd rather have the car now, not even a hard question. Moot point because Ford doesn't take our feelings into consideration.Let me preface this with, I have no inside information and this is all hypothetical.
After the fiasco of the Explorer launch last year, Ford does not want anything remotely like that to happen again. IF an issue was found on a few vehicles, they are going to want to hold all of them even if it is just to triple check things rather than have to recall any.
My genuine question to all of you is: would you rather have your Mach-E right now and potentially have an issue or recall, hear about others having issues and wonder about yours or have it delayed to ensure everything is good to go?
I know we are all on this forum because we are super excited about our cars so it isn't representative of the population as a whole but consumer perception takes a massive hit if there are recalls or issues. And on the other hand the enthusiasts and early adopters may be willing to overlook some issues in some cases, though in others they are even more critical.
Just curious how you all feel
You're thinking emotionally. I would not want my brand new car taken a part by a mechanic who has never touched a MME work on my car for his first time.I'd rather have the car now, not even a hard question. Moot point because Ford doesn't take our feelings into consideration.
Two strikes...go play power ball and mega millions. Maybe that's what your luck is waiting for!I think I’m just jinxed or something. I just got done waiting 502 days (who’s counting) for a new C8 Corvette. Supposed to be delivered spring of last year, then strike, then COVID. Picked up December 7. Then while waiting, reserved Mach E on November 18, 2019. So looks like it will be another 504 days for this one. Guess 500 is my lucky number.