Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer, Mach E First Edition
Occupation
Project Mgr
Country flag
[UPDATE FROM FORD]:

"As part of our commitment to delivering high-quality vehicles, we are conducting additional quality checks on several hundred Mustang Mach-E models built before dealer shipments started last month," said Emma Bergg at Ford public relations. "As part of our quality process, we want to ensure they meet the quality our customers expect and deserve. We notified affected customers that they may receive their Mustang Mach-Es on different timing than previously discussed. The team is working to expedite these vehicles, and we hope that customers receive them ahead of targeted dates, providing there are no COVID-19-related transportation delays."

As for the total number of vehicles impacted by the additional quality checks, Bergg clarified that "It applies to several hundred vehicles (those customers who have been emailed.)"

--------------------------------- Original Post --------------------------------------------

I was scheduled for a 19th delivery but just received an email stating it is pushed until the third week of Feb. Anyone received the same? If so, any word why?

[Admin edit - here's an example of the email received by users]:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford sends mass Mach-E delivery delay emails [Updated with Ford's response] 1610682770258
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

garfieldorlando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your 2021 Mustang Mach‑E California Rt. 1 is delivered to Sunnyvale Ford. Your vehicle’s previous estimated delivery range of January 30 2021 and February 5 2021 has been updated to between March 18 2021 and March 24 2021.

LiquidError

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E (Someday)
Country flag
To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your 2021 Mustang Mach‑E Premium is delivered to Don Hinds Ford Inc. Your vehicle’s previous estimated delivery range of January 15 2021 and January 21 2021 has been updated to between March 10 2021 and March 16 2021.

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
Yup! A bit confused as I know it is in KC.
Needless to say, I will be contacting my dealer tomorrow to see if they have any insight.
Screenshot_20210114-223757_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210114-223906_Gmail.jpg

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Seems like everyone is receiving this email. I want to throw up right now.
Yeah I'm not particularly jazzed by this delay. My Mach-E is already on a train car according to my dealer, and my email said end of March. Something's up. Can't just be transit related, we know Mach-Es are on the move. There's no way it takes two months for Kansas City Southern to find a locomotive to hitch to the railcar that has my Mach-E already strapped down inside of it.

rfoxdvm

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium extended RWD
Country flag
So I've been tracking daily...
12/18 production
1/5 switched to in transit
Original ETA 2/3 to 2/9 (end date)
Updated to ETA end date 1/28 just a couple days ago.
My dealer said he thought I'd be the first based on the info he had...
Saw the pics of cars in kansas today, got excited...
Got an email this evening from ford saying they need more time to make sure I'm satisfied... And my ETA is now mid March. What do you all think happened?

TIA

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Yeah I'm not particularly jazzed by this delay. My Mach-E is already on a train car according to my dealer, and my email said end of March. Something's up. Can't just be transit related, we know Mach-Es are on the move. There's no way it takes two months for Kansas City Southern to find a locomotive to hitch to the railcar that has my Mach-E already strapped down inside of it.
Agreed, something is going on.....I feel like Ford owes some kind of answer. Don't tell me COVID.

Wyostang

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
One more, but from Jan 31 to April 5?! April Fool(s)?

“Your vehicle’s previous estimated delivery range of January 31 2021 and February 6 2021 has been updated to between April 5 2021 and April 11 2021.”

And tracker shows the new eta.

Last edited:

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yup I just got one too:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford sends mass Mach-E delivery delay emails [Updated with Ford's response] 1610682770258

Funny thing is none of the trackers showed my ETA as 2/5 - 2/11. In fact the tracker still says 1/28.

Edit: ford.com now says 3/18 - 3/24.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Agreed, something is going on.....I feel like Ford owes some kind of answer. Don't tell me COVID.
It's not COVID. That generic answer won't fly. We know our cars were built, we know our cars were loaded onto transports. We know some of these cars are already in the US and on trucks. There's no possible reason a car already on a railcar can somehow get lost an additional two months - Kansas City Southern will want their railcar back, not sitting on a siding till late March. So either this is an error and someone accidentally clicked the "give all the reservation holders heart attacks" button and sent these emails accidentally, or there's a reason they're holding cars back that are already in transit, and they're not telling us what it is.

garfieldorlando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
Maybe they find some issue that needs to be sent back to factory for fix, what "To ensure your complete satisfaction" may indicate?

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Somewhat similar here. Notified by email that the estimated delivery date moved from January 17th to January 24th to March 15th to March 21st. MME was delivered to Speedway in Kansas City Kansas on 12 January.

Ford has clearly heard the complaints about not communicating with customers and is now communicating!

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
It's not COVID. That generic answer won't fly. We know our cars were built, we know our cars were loaded onto transports. We know some of these cars are already in the US and on trucks. There's no possible reason a car already on a railcar can somehow get lost an additional two months - Kansas City Southern will want their railcar back, not sitting on a siding till late March. So either this is an error and someone accidentally clicked the "give all the reservation holders heart attacks" button and sent these emails accidentally, or there's a reason they're holding cars back that are already in transit.
Sad to say, but I hope it's the heart-attack answer.
Sponsored