David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
Unfortunately for us/fortunately for Ford, what other EV can deliver on a tighter timeline than even 3/23?
Is that tongue in cheek? Cuz I can think of some notable competitors with 1mo lead times.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Hmm..I wonder if those of us in the in-between of produced but sitting at the factory still might benefit from proximity and get this issue fixed sooner? Thought I guess that depends on just how long it takes to figure out what fix needs to happen.
I was just talking to my wife about the same thing. If those cars that left the plant have to come back for rework, then the cars sitting there already can get fixed while the ones from KC are in transit. The train carriers that returned the shipped ones from KC could then be filled with the already fixed cars to head back to KC.

maybe. That's the downside of guessing with no information.

LiquidError

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E (Someday)
Country flag
Now the site shows my car as no longer Shipped but back to In Production. My guess is there's some sort of issue that needs fixed.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Is that tongue in cheek? Cuz I can think of some notable competitors with 1mo lead times.
No, I'm pretty curious what people who walk away would consider. No tongue-in-cheek intended.

ID.4s for the US haven't even boarded boats. I realize now that I didn't consider Tesla, because it's early in the quarter, I assumed they were cramming their EU production right now. Looking at their site, Y is showing 2-6 weeks for me, which would be shorter than my Mach-E delay, but I just don't want a Y.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
The charging issue is that they need to precondition the battery like Tesla before L3 charging! I was told that this would not be necessary but it certainly is
It's unrelated to this issue of the delay, but the point about battery preconditioning is something we do deserve clear answers from Ford on. To me, it's absolutely vital that any EV with fast charging have en-route preconditioning, and TFL's video does suggest Mach-E doesn't, and that it "coldgates" as a result. I wish we could get Ford to confirm their plans on en-route preconditioning.

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
As someone mentioned at least they are communicating (at least to those that had cars produced)

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Not sure what's worse, receiving the email of a 2 month delay or having car already built for 6-7 weeks still @ factory...

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Mine as well... car is in Speedway Kansas with delivery expected around 1/28. Just got email that the new delivery is 3/19-3/25. What???

I've emailed the dealer to contact the Ford zone rep for an explanation.

Either (a) somebody screwed up and the mass emails were sent in error or (b) there is an issue with the car that needs to be addressed. I doubt it's mechanical ... my guess is a software problem.

stroszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 92x
Country flag
A software problem could be fixed at the dealer.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag