Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Mine is scheduled to be built the week of Jan 24th. I wonder if mine will be delivered before many of the ones already shipped but have to go back (if that is indeed true)?

if it is something that needs fixed I would guess it is easier to correct it while being built than to rework 1,000’s of cars.
No, if it is a defective part then they won't build your car until they have a correct part. If it is software then they'll build your car anyway, but won't ship until the fixed software is available and installed.
Sponsored

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Can't blame you.

We've waited a long, long time for these cars.

It's actually kinda not really feeling that "new" anymore, I've had so much time to wait that I've devoured every YouTube review I can find, even those not in English, and read every review I can find, and read the owners' manual... it's not really gonna be that surprising to get it now.
+1 on this.

I was just thinking about this earlier today, how taking delivery of the car might feel anticlimactic because of how much time i’ve spent learning and watching and reading....

Metv707

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
We will soon find out. There seems to be at least one insider here who may know what’s going on.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
No, if it is a defective part then they won't build your car until they have a correct part. If it is software then they'll build your car anyway, but won't ship until the fixed software is available and installed.
I would think they would continue to build new while also fixing the already built once the part/fix is approved which makes me think mine might not be as delayed as the ones that have to go back. (Continuing on the speculation train here)

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I would think they would continue to build new while also fixing the already built once the part/fix is approved which makes me think mine might not be as delayed as the ones that have to go back. (Continuing on the speculation train here)
It probably depends very much on what has to be fixed, and how accessible it is. If it's something easily replaced like a mirror, sure that won't stop them from building the cars. But, if it's something that isn't readily accessible they aren't going to want to take a bunch of stuff apart and put it back together on hundreds of cars.

Evermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
I don’t know much about how cars are safety rated, but could the delay be due to that? I haven’t heard a peep about the safety of this automobile yet... so government finally about to issue a safety rating and the car scores low so they take it back to the shop to fix a couple of things to get that higher star safety rating?

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
If interested, collecting some data until we get some concrete info from Ford.

Delay Survey

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
I don’t know much about how cars are safety rated, but could the delay be due to that? I haven’t heard a peep about the safety of this automobile yet... so government finally about to issue a safety rating and the car scores low so they take it back to the shop to fix a couple of things to get that higher star safety rating?
I would put my money on it being something like this.

With all of the test mules out there since 2019 I imagine Ford would have been able to detect major problems with the hardware before the production began in November. There have been 1000’s of miles racked up on these vehicles, and granted they were not mass-produced, there were already 3 cars in the U.S and 6 cars in Canada delivered to customers.

Those customers would theoretically need to return their cars if there was a catastrophic issue. Instead, I imagine you may have hit closer to the bullseye with Ford needing not to “fix” a problem but to “improve” on something that should have already been “good to go” in their eyes.

If this is true, they may never tell us. It might just get chalked up to giving us the “perfect car.”

darren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Mach-E
Country flag
Yes. This seems very likely. Whatever the reason for this significant delay has to be very serious or safety-related.

OTOH, I don't mind them swapping the processor or increase memories. The Ford sync response can be better. It might be under power for hands-free driving.

Reactions: ARK

NotSoJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Mustang Mach-E reservation holder
Country flag
Really sorry to hear about everyone's situations right here. Only posting this so more information is had. My build week is this week and I did NOT get any email about delays. That doesn't mean anything, but might give some clarity as to where in the full assembly line the interruptions are occurring. Either way, tomorrow is Friday and then it's the weekend. Let's take some time and try to forget about this for a few days. Hopefully ford does the right thing and clarifies further. They have to be more aware than anybody right now that literally billions of dollars are on the line.

Darken

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Prius Prime, 2021 Mach-E Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Disheartening news for all of us waiting on our deliveries. :( It's hard not to get emotional when we were finally getting so close to owning the car after such a long wait. Hopefully the date estimates are an extreme case scenario at this point and maybe we will see them sooner (trying to be somewhat optimistic which is hard) Hopefully Ford will give us better information in the days to come rather then the silence we all have mostly experienced during this whole process.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Anyone else who has a shipped vehicle not get a delay email? I had a SR AWD Premium built on 11/28 but it didn’t ship until 1/5.

Assuming the hammer will fall by tomorrow morning, but holding out hope that not all MMEs are affected?

Darken

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Prius Prime, 2021 Mach-E Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Anyone else who has a shipped vehicle not get a delay email? I had a SR AWD Premium built on 11/28 but it didn’t ship until 1/5.

Assuming the hammer will fall by tomorrow morning, but holding out hope that not all MMEs are affected?
My FE supposedly shipped on 12/31/20 and I have not received the delay email yet. As you said though I suspect it's coming shortly.

Reactions: ARK

Mrskgb95

First Name
Kristie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E, Fusion Hybrid, Ranger, EcoSport, Focus
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
I’m was days away from delivery (1/25) and now pushed back to 66 days away. They won’t send back to factory. Crossing the border won’t happen. They are going to have dealers take delivery and send parts or whatever to them to
fix before sale. I do want to know what needs to be fixed.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford sends mass Mach-E delivery delay emails [Updated with Ford's response] ABF885C8-516D-49C8-A133-AFC459DDAA3E
Sponsored

Reactions: UW2