Giddyup

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Audi Q5e, '21 Mustang Mach E FE Grabber Blue
Country flag
My car, built Jan 4th, was just shipped and I've now received shipped confirmation e-mail with an ETA end of Feb. Hopefully they've fixed whatever the issue is/was at the Factory and shipments moving forward won't be delayed any further. I'm realllllly hoping that's the case at least.
As of this morning 15 Jan, my FE order still shows as not having shipped and still shows an estimated early Feb delivery. No email from Ford on delay as of yet. But I'll sure be watching for it. The trials of buying a new production vehicle. Possibility this is something safety related? I'm sure we'll find out eventually. I'll continue to wait it out - I'm still even waiting to see one in person.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford sends mass Mach-E delivery delay emails [Updated with Ford's response] 1610709816862

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
As of this morning 15 Jan, my FE order still shows as not having shipped and still shows an estimated early Feb delivery. No email from Ford on delay as of yet. But I'll sure be watching for it. The trials of buying a new production vehicle. Possibility this is something safety related? I'm sure we'll find out eventually. I'll continue to wait it out - I'm still even waiting to see one in person.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford sends mass Mach-E delivery delay emails [Updated with Ford's response] 1610709816862
Interesting - I never saw my Mach-E go into the "Built" stage on my Reservation page. As of getting the shipping e-mail, it moved to "Shipped" with my ETA's listed.

Gary Hankins

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It is sad and disappointing that the Ford design and construction teams worked hard and have delivered a stellar product in a timely fashion, while the more simple and mundane task of informing the customers and delivering the product have fallen into darkness and disarray.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I don't know what to think here, it's like getting bad news but no further information. A poor analogy would be going to the doctor, learning you could have something bad and waiting for results. I know I am being very dramatic here, but like many others I was timing my purchase around other things. Still going to wait, but just crossing my fingers it's a quick fix and or just another poor estimate. The thought of my MME sitting at the dealer waiting for a fix does not excite me either. Wonder if I can get visitation rights?

Here's a joke for ya. Maybe they want to combine the DEMO cars with the customer cars, so the delay is just so the dealer can have a visual demo car for 30 days. Kidding, I know nothing is funny right now. And I know it's just a car, I am not going anywhere and should just be happy I can afford to get one.

My problem is I am very impatient when it comes to large purchases after my brain has let me move to the next step.

Sorry rant I guess, will ticket my self.

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I did not get the email as of this morning.....my dealer told me last Sat.. car was build. but the Ford tracker says "in production" still, the other tracker did not function, got the "can't find this VIN" for the first time......I have a Select RWD......I'm trying not to get too upset......first I can't do anything about it (i certainly am curious) and am trying to save energy for what I can control, and second, for us NJ owners, I believe that MAYBE the later delivery may give us a better chance for receiving the incentive......

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
No, it's nothing to do with the online customer checkout.

An issue that needs correction was uncovered, which is not that unusual for a brand new vehicle. Ford wants these vehicles to be as perfect as possible so it's getting fixed as soon as possible and before most customer deliveries occur. Better to fix it upfront. Unfortunately we all know the environment we're in right now makes logistics more difficult, not just for shipping cars but for everything. It's going to take time to get the materials and people in place make the corrections.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
The interesting thing about all this is that I haven't received an email yet. Don't think anyone in UK has. Mine was built 9 Dec but as far as I know hasn't been shipped yet although there have been plenty of ships leaving for this side of the pond since then. Perhaps this issue has been ongoing for a while. I imagine that most of you folks that have had emails your cars were made last month.
I do wish Ford would treat their customers with respect and do the right thing and tell us what the problem is and what they are doing to fix it. This silence, in my opinion, is only doing their reputation even more harm. My dealer told me that according to his vista my delivery was expected w/e 13 Mar. Then my eta end date on the tracker said 2021/02/07. Now it is back to the default 1990/01/01. Come on Ford. Be up front and honest with us.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag

An issue that needs correction was uncovered, which is not that unusual for a brand new vehicle. Ford wants these vehicles to be as perfect as possible so it's getting fixed as soon as possible and before most customer deliveries occur. Better to fix it upfront. Unfortunately we all know the environment we're in right now makes logistics more difficult, not just for shipping cars but for everything. It's going to take time to get the materials and people in place make the corrections.
Any word on if the fix was implemented at the plant, and if so, when? Just curious for those of us that are just now shipping or will be shipping soon.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Any word on if the fix was implemented at the plant, and if so, when? Just curious for those of us that are just now shipping or will be shipping soon.
Sorry, I don't have details. I know at a high level what the issue is around and that's all I can say.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag

Well I think you are now confirming the delay is real and going to be tricky to implement for the MME's that already shipped.

Lucky for those who are still in production, see not being first sometimes is best.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Sorry, I don't have details. I know at a high level what the issue is around and that's all I can say.
I am poking at this, but it didn't appear to bother Ford to put a few customers in an MME in Dallas. Also why are the pre-production cars not impacted, if the problem is that severe then there should be zero MME's on the road. If minor it can be fixed down the road which I have no issue with. Heck, aside from a safety problem I am okay going into it with knowing I need to return to the dealer for a fix.

I get perfection but it does come at a cost, nothing is perfect. I just don't get the timing and how these are found so late in the game.

I also get not going the Tesla build route (build fast and we will fix later), but I reserved 11-18-19 and we are in 2021.

Sorry not directed at you or anyone else here including Tim. :p

Just anxious like the rest of us and typing off steam.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Well, my car was built on 1/8 and still at the plant. That may be a good thing now . . . who knows? I did not get any email, as mine had not had an ETA date, so I guess nothing to tell me. I will look forward to more info I guess. Since some customer cars were delivered we are bound to find out what the issue is.

I've been patient for over a year. Was getting impatient once I knew it was sitting there. Now will have to have some patience again. If this were ANY other car, I would be dropping it and getting something else. I had a Bronco Sport FE AT the dealer that I told him I did not want this week.

But after a long time here, I am done with ICE, and Tesla is just NOT an option. The VW ID4 is facing delays now too, and that car did not excite me. In my mindset, there really aren't any other viable options rather than patience. I will just extend the lease on the Escape again and hope for the best.

If this is the worst thing that happens to me in 2020-21 I will consider myself indeed lucky. If you gave me the choice of the vaccine tomorrow or my car, I know what my choice would be, and it would not be the car.

Hope we all have good outcomes in the end, and if you decide to abandon ship it is certainly understandable.

Nick Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Country flag

I like your style Hybrid2bev

Ford don't have the luxury of getting it wrong over and over like Telsa did
Upstart is understandable
One of the worlds biggest builders, errors are not so much

So I take my hat off to the team for identifying it now rather than later

2020 has been a tough year hey

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I am poking at this, but it didn't appear to bother Ford to put a few customers in an MME in Dallas. Also why are the pre-production cars not impacted, if the problem is that severe then there should be zero MME's on the road. If minor it can be fixed down the road which I have no issue with. Heck, aside from a safety problem I am okay going into it with knowing I need to return to the dealer for a fix.

I get perfection but it does come at a cost, nothing is perfect. I just don't get the timing and how these are found so late in the game.

I also get not going the Tesla build route (build fast and we will fix later), but I reserved 11-18-19 and we are in 2021.

Sorry not directed at you or anyone else here including Tim. :p

Just anxious like the rest of us and typing off steam.
Without knowing what the issue is, it's possible that those vehicles sold in Dallas are fine, for whatever reason - they could not have the issue, or could have been already fixed. It's also possible that they will be recalled as part of this issue if they are impacted and it turns out this is a serious issue and/or a safety issue. Ford hasn't told us what the issue is, so how severe it is is also unknown.
Sponsored