Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
Mine is still "In Production". I wonder if, since it hasn't left the factory, the "fix" can be implemented sooner for vehicles that are still there. Because if I go off of everyone else's timeline, I won't be getting mine until late April..... ????
Sponsored

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Stop sale to recalculate residuals :) Kidding, just kidding!

Mine started being built on Wednesday and is on the line somewhere. I wonder if the fix is already in or if it has to finish and then go back around. Not any fun for anyone I am sure.

Johnny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium SR AWD, Buick Enclave
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
So do the cars in Kansas City have to go back to Mexico?

CarboFE

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE Carbonized Grey
Country flag
I had an estimated delivery of 1/14 - 1/20. Was actually at the dealer last night to "teach" them about the Options program. The sales manager looked it up on their system and despite all indications of the car making it to Kansas City, the location actually showed up as being at the plant. I thought it was anomaly of being transferred to another carrier, but the Ford delay email may actually have the answer.

My new delivery estimate is March 10 - 16. So bummed.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
I got pretty excited when I saw the German translations of the driving modes!

Ooh... "Temperamentvoll" instead of "Unbridled!"

But yeah, it's getting kind of stale now honestly. I can close my eyes and see the car in all its detail just the way I've ordered it. It's going to be anticlimactic to take it home.
Until you step on the "gas" yourself. ;)

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
at tongue in cheek? Cuz I can think of some notab
+1 on this.

I was just thinking about this earlier today, how taking delivery of the car might feel anticlimactic because of how much time i’ve spent learning and watching and reading....
But think about how small of a group we are, compared to everyone else drooling at the sight of one in your driveway. It will be a new sensation! Taking in the envy of everyone else... ?

SVT4X4

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F250 Tremor 2018 F150 2014 Can-Am Maverick Max 1957 Ford Ranchero
Country flag
Mine was supposed to be delivered to dealer this week, with latest being Monday. We were already on the fence as this is for my wife, and after receiving this notification, she started looking this morning at other vehicles. I think she will go test drive the new Bronco Sport today, and if I know her, will be driving one home tonight. Heck I could buy two for the price we were going to pay for this. I was really looking forward to it, but pretty confident will be back to looking to buy one in a few years.

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
my estimated delivery is 1/11-1/17. the dealer called me earlier this week to confirm the car was “in california and on it’s way.”

i have not received an email.

so while i am still hoping to get a call from the dealer this weekend i won’t be surprised now if it’s to tell me there will be a 2 month delay.

Reactions: UW2

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
You're thinking emotionally. I would not want my brand new car taken a part by a mechanic who has never touched a MME work on my car for his first time.
But you don't know that: Perhaps they don't send them back to MX because its a simple fix.

Then teams will go out to fix, or they will ship to Michigan to fix.

In any case: Whatever mechanic touches your car will have already gone through Mach-E training (if they didn't they wouldn't be working on the car).

Unless, of course, you take it to an independent shop....
76512176.jpg

SoCalPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul EV
Country flag
EVs are hard. Just ask Tesla. Almost all other EV makers had crazy problems with initial vehicles. Leaf didn't cool their batteries properly, cooked them in Arizona. My Soul EV battery died likely due to heat issues. Batteries are even harder than EVs in general, they actually "are" the EV, as they are the biggest difference with an ICE car other than the electric motor. Electric motors have been around for 100 years, large compact energy dense batteries have to such track record.

Clearly the issue is known by this poster. And buyers are receiving new estimated delivery dates, so the fix to the issue is also known.

This is 2021. Anything that is known by more than one person eventually is known by everyone. It's just a matter of how long it takes. If Ford doesn't state what the actual issue is in a timely manner, they are only going to look like they are trying to hide something. That generally doesn't make companies look good.

I haven't checked the "engineering friends in Mexico" thread. You would hope that Ford comes out and just lets everyone know what's going on. The only worse outcome than the egg in the face of a 2+ month delay would be if management comes across as trying to "hide" something. We know how that plays out these days.

FUD thrives on lack of information. Don't feed the FUD monster.

SCPony

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
so recall means ford did not make the 2020 delivery. At least they tried

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
I know i am speculating. What if after all the reviews they realized there was an issue with the charging unit and when they contacted LG they realized that they weren't getting the proper performance from the units and after trying to fix them via ota update, they realized that they need to replace it. Maybe they need to wait until LG gets them the new ones which would explain the six-week delay.
Sponsored