John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Own)2016 Focus Electric, (Ordered)Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
There are a few customer cars that delivered before 2021. There might have been an issue with one or all of those. Maybe that's why Ours got stopped so abruptly.?
Sponsored

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Until you step on the "gas" yourself. ;)
I mean, I've got a BEV in the driveway at the moment, so I know what that instant torque feels like, it's really just what wrapper the experience is delivered in, and that's what I mean I feel like I can already see it in my garage, I can daydream of myself inside the car with all the details.

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
@Tsand4 love the destination name on your order (Destination Speedway) lol

Let us know what those lap times are lol

Dealer just wants to break it in for you so you do not have to.

balthisar

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Expedition; 2021 Mach E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Engineer@FoMoCo
Country flag
Based on my experience, my personal, non-official response is, I can tell you that vehicles are not ever sent back to the factory for rework. Depending on the type and amount of work that has to be performed, Ford will either pay the dealer to do the work, or will assemble teams near rail- and truck-shipping yards. You may have heard of this happening at Flat Rock for the Explorer in 2019, and for the F-150 at a different Flat Rock location this year.

This is product design approved work, and is indistinguishable between something done on the line and something done after the fact. Rework is expensive and no one likes it, and we try very hard to prevent it, but it's a fact of life. There's rework happening every day at the plants and elsewhere, and you'll likely never know that your vehicle has been reworked.

MME's delivered or on it's way have the OCSM specified, MME's still on the plant (but already manufactured weeks ago) dont have the OCSM data filled in.
It sounds like you already have some insider information about this.

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Yeah I'm not particularly jazzed by this delay. My Mach-E is already on a train car according to my dealer, and my email said end of March. Something's up. Can't just be transit related, we know Mach-Es are on the move. There's no way it takes two months for Kansas City Southern to find a locomotive to hitch to the railcar that has my Mach-E already strapped down inside of it.
Maybe has to do with earnings call in couple of weeks to boost the stock prices so they can say they are delivering a mass amount of Mach-E on the earnings call on 2/4/21

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
To me this sounds like a software issue. With cars all over the place, it would be hard (and expensive) to just recall them back to Mexico. As stated, they may be sending teams to holding locations to do the fixes which could still be software and not hardware. My take.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Maybe has to do with earnings call in couple of weeks to boost the stock prices so they can say they are delivering a mass amount of Mach-E on the earnings call on 2/4/21
They've already booked the earnings for my Mach-E, it's on a truck.

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
To me this sounds like a software issue. With cars all over the place, it would be hard (and expensive) to just recall them back to Mexico. As stated, they may be sending teams to holding locations to do the fixes which could still be software and not hardware. My take.
I do not think its a software update issue as once the factory clears the settings out Ford does not have control over them to start the updates. Well they can but they will have to go into each vehicles computer and start the update process I really think it has to do with the earnings call in 2 weeks.

Evermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
Just got an email from Tesla this morning that the Model Y received a 5 star safety rating... not sure how the Mach E will do, but perhaps related to this?

stlippert

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Red AWD ER
Country flag
Methinks a significant problem has been discovered (dunno if its hardware or software) and all the vehicles already produced need to be repaired. It's possible they haven't even figured out the fix. So for all the cars in transit, they need to be moved somewhere which adds lots of time. Then there is the "fix" time which is likely not huge, but it will be for 3000+ cars sitting around. So two months covers Ford for the worst case.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Just got an email from Tesla this morning that the Model Y received a 5 star safety rating... not sure how the Mach E will do, but perhaps related to this?
Too much speculation over this, can we just wait and see what comes forward. Lots of similar chatter on many different threads.

What we know is there is a delay for some sort of rework.

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
You could be correct because don't the customer vehicles have to get crash tested before the sale of them. Which is usually done months in advance but the results are later released usually right before they go on sale but maybe im just guessing. But do hope all get their vehicles sooner than what they are told.

Maybe they will come in earlier than what was said and the dates listed are a worse case scenario.

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, Mazda 6, HR-V, Insight
Country flag
Hopefully, cars not produced yet will not be delayed. Mine still shows production week in 9 Days!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford sends mass Mach-E delivery delay emails [Updated with Ford's response] 1610724956236
Sponsored