John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Own)2016 Focus Electric, (Ordered)Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Maybe. It also may have to do with some issues spotted in the press tests. Remember the issue @TFLtommy discusses in the 45 minute "talk" video. They had weird issues with L2 charging.

It's all speculation until we get some real information. At least we should be happy Ford is being upfront about there being a delay.
I totally agree!!
Sponsored

Hplbiking

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Emgineer
Country flag
Hmm..I wonder if those of us in the in-between of produced but sitting at the factory still might benefit from proximity and get this issue fixed sooner? Though I guess that depends on just how long it takes to figure out what fix needs to happen.
And more importantly if the part is available.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Yup, we're going to start looking at ICEs, perhaps a PHEV like the X5, which still qualifies for the Fed tax credit.
That's really disappointing to hear. Not another BEV? Why downgrade?

DMIINC

First Name
Dalibor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford Explorer, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Not to add to the agony of us all waiting on the car but here is my take.

I had scheduled build date of week of February 22. That was shown on Ford account until last afternoon. Now there is no date. This makes me believe that production of vehicles has stopped. So this is most likely hardware issue and not software. Let's just hope it is not big of a deal and it is something that they can address in short manner.

If it is shown to be big issue might have to go with competitors car.

MightyJawa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt
Country flag

I had scheduled build date of week of February 22. That was shown on Ford account until last afternoon. Now there is no date. This makes me believe that production of vehicles has stopped. So this is most likely hardware issue and not software. Let's just hope it is not big of a deal and it is something that they can address in short manner.

Mine still shows a scheduled build date of 2/14.

Hplbiking

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Emgineer
Country flag
Really sorry to hear about everyone's situations right here. Only posting this so more information is had. My build week is this week and I did NOT get any email about delays. That doesn't mean anything, but might give some clarity as to where in the full assembly line the interruptions are occurring. Either way, tomorrow is Friday and then it's the weekend. Let's take some time and try to forget about this for a few days. Hopefully ford does the right thing and clarifies further. They have to be more aware than anybody right now that literally billions of dollars are on the line.
You did not get am email because you do not have a delivery date (like me as mine is in production as of last Monday).

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag

There is that global microchip shortage hitting the entire auto industry right now....

First Edition

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E - Failure To Launch Edition
Country flag
Yup, we're going to start looking at ICEs, perhaps a PHEV like the X5, which still qualifies for the Fed tax credit.
The 45e is a great SUV and has a very competitive lease price and course one of the smoothest and consistently highest rated engines in the world. They are also built in the USA.

It has a much richer interior that the MME and has standard features such as adjustable air suspension, power tilt/tele steering column, more adjustable seats, a power sliding cover for the moon roof, 5900# towing capacity, good ground clearance, etc. Free maintenance is included.

The 45e has much better residuals than the MME plus BMW applies the Fed Tax Credit to the cost of the vehicle as opposed to what Ford Credit does with the MME. It leases out better than the FE.
Sponsored