Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Literally bought shares of Ford yesterday morning on all the positive reviews and publicity coming out......?
well if it helps, TSLA is down some today:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford sends mass Mach-E delivery delay emails [Updated with Ford's response] 1610731512101

and just enough down from their high to matter, and below their week average:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford sends mass Mach-E delivery delay emails [Updated with Ford's response] 1610731575745

(it doesn't)

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
don't you know we are more important than your job?!?

wait that's not true, scratch that, never mind
Ha! Yeah, I found out about this 4 days ago (on Monday the 11th) so I've done a good job at keeping quiet.

With updated info, the potential issue does not sound as bad as I initially thought, we'll see what happens.

Orangefirefish

First Name
SY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
well if it helps, TSLA is down some today:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford sends mass Mach-E delivery delay emails [Updated with Ford's response] 1610731575745

and just enough down from their high to matter, and below their week average:

(it doesn't)
And that’s with all the half assembled cars getting delivered on 12/31/2020! Don’t worry about the delay... having a perfect car on day one beats waiting weeks for Tesla Service Center to actually bolt on your seats. Do you think Tesla would delay delivery to fix something beforehand? That’s your difference in corporate culture right there.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
And that’s with all the half assembled cars getting delivered on 12/31/2020! Don’t worry about the delay... having a perfect car on day one beats waiting weeks for Tesla Service Center to actually bolt on your seats. Do you think Tesla would delay delivery to fix something beforehand? That’s your difference in corporate culture right there.
tbf they are fully assembled.
they are just assembled like crap.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Ha! Yeah, I found out about this 4 days ago (on Monday the 11th) so I've done a good job at keeping quiet.

With updated info, the potential issue does not sound as bad as I initially thought, we'll see what happens.
Well that's cryptic.... Is the issue every vehicle, or just some in a certain state of completion?

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag
I had my dealer pull an update on it yesterday. I guess I can't say it is still on the line today in light of this, but they had the info.
Thank you. Does the Ford tracker reflect the same info or is that delayed?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

darren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Mach-E
Country flag
I doubt they'll go through the customs paperwork to re-export the car back to Mexico and then re-re-export it back to the United States. Not to mention there's potentially tariffs each way under USMCA (we don't know if the Mach-E is "American enough" under the new local value rules).
Yes. I think that is the reason they have a 3 weeks delay for OKTB to avoid a situation like this. It seems someone dropped the ball big time.

• Wow
Reactions: ARK

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Well that's cryptic.... Is the issue every vehicle, or just some in a certain state of completion?
I think we're going to be in 'wait-and-see' mode. These folks are in a sensitive spot and they have to be very careful what they disclose, if anything at all, on this forum. It would be easy for them to be identified as the source when InsideEVs posts negative press on their site based on content obtained here. I don't want to see anyone lose their job because they gave away too much insider information.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Yes. I think that is the reason they have a 3 weeks delay for OKTB to avoid a situation like this. It seems someone dropped the ball big time.
we've been given some vague hints that the OKTB delay was due to something like this - a late issue found that was resolved. Maybe software? I don't remember what we know on that to be honest.

it feels like this is something similar. But we just don't know.

I bet some folks aren't getting (as large of) bonuses this year though. At least as a shareholder, I hope that's the case. ;)

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Just wish they can reassue us that it is something truly “fixable”. I actually wasn’t worried until I read, “Not as bad as I originally thought.” ? That still sounds bad! As long as I know we will all get a solid car in the end, I will just trust the good people at Ford to do what they believe is best to rectify whatever the issue is. After all, we all want the MME to be a real winner.

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
Good call, I asked my dealer and they said a bulletin has been sent but didn't give any info beyond a delay.

My tracking looks like this now, so darn close too...

I have tracking but not as detailed as yours. Where did you go to
get this ? Thanks

Reactions: UW2

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

Johnson Controls has expedited the new 12-way ventilated power seats for Ford? ????

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag

perhaps you'd be willing to tell my friend...George Washington? if it sweetens the deal I'll see if I can find his twin brother
Sponsored