Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
What were the issues you got with this in the ride-alongside? Did 3 and no issues as far as I can remember.
Multiple warnings to use the seatbelt when there was nobody in the seat, the driver told us that the warnings were persistent and random...

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Did not get the email. Checking ford.com tells me (FE):
Estimated Delivery 2/7/2021 - 2/13/2021
Previously, it was showing 1/23 so either my delay is not as much as others, or the site will soon get new dates.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Ha! Yeah, I found out about this 4 days ago (on Monday the 11th) so I've done a good job at keeping quiet.

With updated info, the potential issue does not sound as bad as I initially thought, we'll see what happens.
You're such a tease.

So you're saying the delay is because the frunk needs to be wired for remote 'open' button and a heating element for fondue?

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
You're such a tease.

So you're saying the delay is because the frunk needs to be wired for remote 'open' button and a heating element for fondue?
Fondue, finally! Perhaps the plan is to release the held-back battery capacity to get bragging rights on 300+ miles/charge? Which, of course, would be offset by the fondue element.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3
Country flag
Production EV's sitting in lots for a couple months. What will that do to the battery if it drains? Hopefully they are all plugged in.

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
Production EV's sitting in lots for a couple months. What will that do to the battery if it drains? Hopefully they are all plugged in.
You think? I suppose they are charged to 50% and can maintain that for a long time?

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Just to add my message:

To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your 2021 Mustang Mach‑E Premium is delivered to Sunnyvale Ford. Your vehicle’s previous estimated delivery range of January 27 2021 and February 2 2021 has been updated to between March 24 2021 and March 30 2021.

I want complete satisfaction. Now I will expect it. ;)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yes. I think that is the reason they have a 3 weeks delay for OKTB to avoid a situation like this. It seems someone dropped the ball big time.
There are errors in every ball game. Be glad someone caught this error rather than having it get loose and be really expensive to deal with.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I was talking with my salesguy rather randomly yesterday. He called me about something regarding business he does with me, not on my MachE order.
But while I had him on the phone I asked him if my build date was still good. He said in a a sort of careful tone, "Oh there is a QC issue, but I don't think it will slow yours down." My build date is end of January. He has been very good so far, but when I specifically asked about the microchip shortage he said it had nothing to do with that. He has 12 MachEs coming in. So take that for what it's worth.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Just wish they can reassue us that it is something truly “fixable”. I actually wasn’t worried until I read, “Not as bad as I originally thought.” ? That still sounds bad! As long as I know we will all get a solid car in the end, I will just trust the good people at Ford to do what they believe is best to rectify whatever the issue is. After all, we all want the MME to be a real winner.
See. That’s the problem with saying anything. Don’t parse @hybrid2bev’s exact phrasing and get yourself all worried. Please try to be patient while Ford figures out whatever they’re dealing with.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Good call, I asked my dealer and they said a bulletin has been sent but didn't give any info beyond a delay.

My tracking looks like this now, so darn close too...

Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 11.49.18 AM.png
I just got the same information. My FE is in Delaware, too!

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sorry guys here in Quebec we have our own issues to solve with the government cutting the $8K incentives on some Premium trims, basically any trim that have AWD, so I've not read much lately then the Canadian thread about this. Is the delay a simple shipping issues or is there something else that they need to correct before mass deliveries?
Sponsored