makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Does really no-one has an entry where to find the delay? Like some friends “inside”? ;)

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I understand. The alternative at this point is to send out cars which might have a defect. That's a Fremont manufacturer move not a Dearborn move.

Wait a bit and see if the car starts moving soon. The issue may not be any more detailed than running series of checks and moving the car on or replacing/updating something. The actual hold time may be briefer than what you were told yesterday (or today?). Obviously, given your situation, you need to have something in hand sooner rather than later but are you at that point yet?
Thanks for the note....I can probably hold off until the end of the month, which is what I'll do before ultimately pulling the plug. I emailed my dealer asking for some clarification, but no news yet.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Ha! Yeah, I found out about this 4 days ago (on Monday the 11th) so I've done a good job at keeping quiet.

With updated info, the potential issue does not sound as bad as I initially thought, we'll see what happens.
What do you mean 'potential issue'? Is it an issue or not?

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
[UPDATE FROM FORD]:

"As part of our commitment to delivering high-quality vehicles, we are conducting additional quality checks on several hundred Mustang Mach-E models built before dealer shipments started last month," said Emma Bergg at Ford public relations. "As part of our quality process, we want to ensure they meet the quality our customers expect and deserve. We notified affected customers that they may receive their Mustang Mach-Es on different timing than previously discussed. The team is working to expedite these vehicles, and we hope that customers receive them ahead of targeted dates, providing there are no COVID-19-related transportation delays."

As for the total number of vehicles impacted by the additional quality checks, Bergg clarified that "It applies to several hundred vehicles (those customers who have been emailed.)"

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I found this on another site... Basically PR talk.

From Emma Berg, Ford's Mach-E PR person, emailed directly to me: "As part of our commitment to delivering high-quality vehicles, we are conducting additional quality checks on several hundred Mustang Mach-E models built before dealer shipments started last month. As part of our quality process, we want to ensure they meet the quality our customers expect and deserve. We notified affected customers that they may receive their Mustang Mach-Es on different timing than previously discussed. The team is working to expedite these vehicles, and we hope that customers receive them ahead of targeted dates, providing there are no COVID-19-related transportation delays."

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
They found something. It may be something or it may not. But they have to investigate and I assume that's why they added a long delay to give themselves enough time to investigate and fix if necessary. Whatever it is, I'm again betting it falls in the realm of safety. This smells like a lawyer decision, and we can smell our own.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
[UPDATE FROM FORD]:

"As part of our commitment to delivering high-quality vehicles, we are conducting additional quality checks on several hundred Mustang Mach-E models built before dealer shipments started last month," said Emma Bergg at Ford public relations. "As part of our quality process, we want to ensure they meet the quality our customers expect and deserve. We notified affected customers that they may receive their Mustang Mach-Es on different timing than previously discussed. The team is working to expedite these vehicles, and we hope that customers receive them ahead of targeted dates, providing there are no COVID-19-related transportation delays."

As for the total number of vehicles impacted by the additional quality checks, Bergg clarified that "It applies to several hundred vehicles (those customers who have been emailed.)"
You beat me too it by 1 min. I assume it's a twitter post.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Did not get the email. Checking ford.com tells me (FE):
Estimated Delivery 2/7/2021 - 2/13/2021
Previously, it was showing 1/23 so either my delay is not as much as others, or the site will soon get new dates.
I’m in the same boat, no delay email. My MME was built on 11/28 however and didn’t ship until 1/5. My original estimated delivery was starting 1/11 then became starting 1/29 a couple of weeks ago.

This is pure speculation (and very optimistic for me!), but might they have flagged the issue on early builds, held the early builds and fixed the issue on early builds, and just recently realized the issue persisted or maybe is more widespread than believed, but now bigger problem, many cars have already been shipped?

EDIT: I just saw the PR post and I think that might give a little more credence to something like the above having happened.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Another data point - a dealer stock I have been tracking to Easton, MD (about 75 miles from Baltimore) had been showing ETA of 2/1. Checked it this morning when I saw this thread and indeed the ETA was pushed to 3/30. Was checking on mine just now (built 1/8, no ETA) and (compulsively) checked that FCTP again, and it now is back to a 2/1 ETA.
My previously produced but not released for shipping Premium was released to ship late this morning and scheduled to be delivered in less than a month. Or at least that’s how it appears on Ford’s tracking site. But it also depends on when you refresh the page. If you only judge by what shows on the consumer facing portals, your emotions will be strained. They go back and forth depending on what server they query each time.

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
I found this on another site... Basically PR talk.

From Emma Berg, Ford's Mach-E PR person, emailed directly to me: "As part of our commitment to delivering high-quality vehicles, we are conducting additional quality checks on several hundred Mustang Mach-E models built before dealer shipments started last month. As part of our quality process, we want to ensure they meet the quality our customers expect and deserve. We notified affected customers that they may receive their Mustang Mach-Es on different timing than previously discussed. The team is working to expedite these vehicles, and we hope that customers receive them ahead of targeted dates, providing there are no COVID-19-related transportation delays."
Very vague response, but we can take away that the vehicles that are now coming off the line are good to go. Looks like very few early build vehicles are the only ones affected, which is good news for most of us.
Sponsored