Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I feel so special now with the knowledge I am one of the few hundred people that was supposed to get their car first. :rolleyes: I guess I get first dibs on any of the newer ones coming out of the factory now? :p
Sponsored

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Want salt on the wound?

Was posted today at 2:00 ET from Jim Farley.

Here ya go people.

Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 2.05.06 PM.png
That car was delivered last week of December. Customer released it and pretty sure these are the peeps that bought it here in Dallas.

TOBG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2021 Mach-E Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mine is scheduled for production the week of 1/10. I am sure that date will be pushed back. But I am glad that Ford's quality assurance team discovered this problem and is working on it. In my case my current car is still in good shape so I am not in a situation where I had to trade it in.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Hopefully see you in Orchard Park next weekend! :p
The ONLY good ending to this weekend would be the Browns Playing the Bills in Orchard Park and KC and BMore going home. Two towns that BOTH deserve to win. GO BILLS!

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
key " affected customers ". phew...so this sounds like the newer builds are ok. But what do they do with the affected ones, and where do they do it?

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
[UPDATE FROM FORD]:

"As part of our commitment to delivering high-quality vehicles, we are conducting additional quality checks on several hundred Mustang Mach-E models built before dealer shipments started last month," said Emma Bergg at Ford public relations. "As part of our quality process, we want to ensure they meet the quality our customers expect and deserve. We notified affected customers that they may receive their Mustang Mach-Es on different timing than previously discussed. The team is working to expedite these vehicles, and we hope that customers receive them ahead of targeted dates, providing there are no COVID-19-related transportation delays."

As for the total number of vehicles impacted by the additional quality checks, Bergg clarified that "It applies to several hundred vehicles (those customers who have been emailed.)"
If I parse this statement, it appears that cars built AFTER dealer shipments started last month do NOT have this issue. Vaguely remember that would be around Christmas time?

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
[UPDATE FROM FORD]:

"As part of our commitment to delivering high-quality vehicles, we are conducting additional quality checks on several hundred Mustang Mach-E models built before dealer shipments started last month," said Emma Bergg at Ford public relations. "As part of our quality process, we want to ensure they meet the quality our customers expect and deserve. We notified affected customers that they may receive their Mustang Mach-Es on different timing than previously discussed. The team is working to expedite these vehicles, and we hope that customers receive them ahead of targeted dates, providing there are no COVID-19-related transportation delays."

As for the total number of vehicles impacted by the additional quality checks, Bergg clarified that "It applies to several hundred vehicles (those customers who have been emailed.)"
"Something happened that alarmed us, but we're not going to tell you what, but here's some corporate speak." - Ford, basically

I'd be far more comfortable with a technical explanation from an engineer than a statement from PR at this point. This car will be the most expensive thing I've ever bought - I want to know why it's been delayed, not just get a repeat that it has been delayed.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
The update from Ford implies
key " affected customers ". so this sounds like the newer builds are ok. But what do they do with the affected ones, and where do they do it?
I am not sure if we can infer that yet - we dont know what they mean by several hundred built before deliveries began - so deliveries happened Dec 29ish - so all made before that date? that would several thousand - and we dont know if many vehicles have actually been built since then as they were trying to complete Dec builds in Jan.

But you may be right that anything at the plant is OK or will be OK. If they already have the fix in place and implemented say early Jan - then all recent cars may be Ok. Lots of unknowns in my view.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
"Something happened that alarmed us, but we're not going to tell you what, but here's some corporate speak." - Ford, basically

I'd be far more comfortable with a technical explanation from an engineer than a statement from PR at this point. This car will be the most expensive thing I've ever bought - I want to know why it's been delayed, not just get a repeat that it has been delayed.
I'll give it a different take: we found a potential issue and want to make sure all cars are right before (any more) customers take their cars home.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
The update from Ford implies

I am not sure if we can infer that yet - we dont know what they mean by several hundred built before deliveries began - so deliveries happened Dec 29ish - so all made before that date? that would several thousand - and we dont know if many vehicles have actually been built since then as they were trying to complete Dec builds in Jan.

But you may be right that anything at the plant is OK or will be OK. If they already have the fix in place and implemented say early Jan - then all recent cars may be Ok. Lots of unknowns in my view.
They said a couple hundred or so I think. Not thousands. Plus my 1/12 build says ETA to dealer 2/15 updated today.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I'll give it a different take: we found a potential issue and want to make sure all cars are right before (any more) customers take their cars home.
I would say that's the same take.

I want to know *what* the issue is, was, or was suspected to be, before take my Mach-E home.

And if it was serious, I want to know so I can order a different Mach-E to replace the one that had the issue.

I think we deserve more than that PR-speak statement, to be blunt.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Ok now both ford status tracker and Vin tracker sites show built date of 1/15/21. I am ssuming whatever the fix is is incorporated. Now we wait.
Sponsored