Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Maybe they’re fixing the overbite on the hood? On the pre-prods, a lot of them had overbites... but there are also a bunch that didn’t. Same in all the video reviews. I would be very happy if this was the case. I wouldn’t accept delivery if mine arrived with an overbite. Some I’ve seen are really bad... others perfect and flush.

1EE21B6C-A411-495B-B3F3-5677078BA362.jpeg
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Interesting that both our cars appear to have been built (12/22) and shipped (12/31) to the same destination on the same day and my Palsapp info still says pending??? Heck we both have the same delivery ETA as well, if yours is in Delaware I wonder where mine is?

?
That’s the strange thing on mine. Vehicle Visibility shows the car is in DE. Palsapp shows a pending transport from KC MO to the KC KS Speedway.

Mark IV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus, Escape, 289 Cobra, GT40, Caterham, Excursion
Occupation
Specialty Car Dealer
Country flag
The front bracket IS dealer installed and supplied automatically on cars bound for states that require a front plate. It is a "no-cost" option (order code 153) for states that do not require a front plate so you can display your "Ohio State" or MSU plate or whatever.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The front bracket IS dealer installed
That‘s what everyone assumed.........until a photo of a car carrier full of MMEs from the factory showed at least one with the front bracket already installed.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
I was hoping for this to be the case, but Kim, does SC require the front plate? I know Texas and Calif do, the only reason I could see why the factory would do it would be for the states that require them, and I've seen a lot of dealers bungle the installs, even with the alignment dimples. My dealer told me they would not install as I've requested, so their expectation was that it wouldn't be put on until they did their delivery prep.

Hopefully I am worried about nothing, one photo isn't proof after all, but it does take my mind off all these people jumping the line and getting their cars delivered ahead of me :p
No, we don't have a front plate in SC.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Yes. Mine shipped 12/31.
Yours is definitely an outlier as cars with production dates up to 1/4 are reporting receiving the delay email and as much as 2 month delays. That said I think actual production dates are a little wonky from 12/22-1/5 because of the shutdown. Who knows? There are very few data points for build in that time frame.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yours is definitely an outlier as cars with production dates up to 1/4 are reporting receiving the delay email and as much as 2 month delays. That said I think actual production dates are a little wonky from 12/22-1/5 because of the shutdown. Who knows? There are very few data points for build in that time frame.
glad to be an outlier in this case. ?

Last edited:

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Nothing in there says short range.... Enjoy that regardless, too bad you paid about 7k more than anyone else for a vehicle that is very basic.
But it does though.

5YJ = Tesla Motors, Inc.
Y = Model Y
G = MPV
D = 2 Row
E = Electric Fuel
D = Single Motor (Model Y)
X = Check Digit
M = 2021MY

So that is a Standard Range RWD Y, because that's the only way to get a Single Motor VIN.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Seen on Facebook:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford sends mass Mach-E delivery delay emails [Updated with Ford's response] 1EE21B6C-A411-495B-B3F3-5677078BA362
It's nonsense, as we know there is a Stop Ship, because the dealer internal systems show "on Stopship" and some have been shared with owners and posted on here. We have owners who can prove their vehicle is "On Stopship." I hope they're not trying to spin this so hard that they end up lying. *ALL* Mach-Es many not be on stop ship, but some are.

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
An email from my dealer:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford sends mass Mach-E delivery delay emails [Updated with Ford's response] 1610806848608

From: Kaczor, Noah (N.) <[email protected]> On Behalf Of Vteam, E (E.)
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2021 5:30 PM
Subject: Statement and Q&A for Mach-E Delay [for some customers]

Dealership EV Leads:

Over the last few days, some Mustang Mach-E customers have received notifications indicating that the delivery time of their vehicle had been delayed. The resulting questions from those customers prompted Ford to put out a statement, which we wanted to share with you. Please see the statement below.

As part of our commitment to delivering high-quality vehicles, we are conducting additional quality checks on several hundred Mustang Mach-E models built before dealer shipments started last month. We want to ensure they meet the quality our customers expect and deserve.

Q&A

Is there a stop ship on Mustang Mach-E? No.

It appears to be the cars built earliest in the plant that are affected. Why is that? All cars go through the rigorous quality checks our customers deserve.

How many cars exactly are affected? Several hundred.

What derivatives are affected? Are they all First Edition? It’s a mix. Around half of those vehicles being held for final quality inspections are First Edition models.

Will it really take 8 weeks? We notified affected customers that they may receive their Mustang Mach-Es on different timing than previously discussed. The team is working to expedite these vehicles, and we hope that customers receive them ahead of targeted dates, providing there are no COVID-19-related transportation delays.

Also told my Mach Drop not affected.

1610806758650.png

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
As the old saying goes ....... Love is blind but the neighbors are not. I think Ford is looking to do it right; their first one boys (girls). I have some respect for what they are attempting to do and will cut them some slack to give them the time to do it. It is not reinventing the wheel but it may be possible to draw similarities. Initial reviews flagged a problem that they rather have fixed than to release with is my guess. I am on board with that.

No emails and no change to tracker info to report from the far northern state. Good thing to have here; as I would not have known it was coming mid-January or now know it most likely will not ? (is that really a good thing feeling like a yoyo? ;) ). The Mach-E is a good thing; what else good is happen now a days?

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
It's nonsense, as we know there is a Stop Ship, because the dealer internal systems show "on Stopship" and some have been shared with owners and posted on here. We have owners who can prove their vehicle is "On Stopship." I hope they're not trying to spin this so hard that they end up lying. *ALL* Mach-Es many not be on stop ship, but some are.
A stop ship means that all of the vehicles anywhere in the system are on hold and are not to be delivered to customers. That is not the case here, this is limited to a certain number of vehicles.
Sponsored