Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
OK, I have just finished reading all 33 pages of this thread. My eyes are kind of glazed over....

My build week was scheduled for 01/31/21. It has not changed and I have not received any Ford e-mail.

I only have one question:

Are they still producing cars at the plant or has the line been idled?

If the cars are still in production, then I would have to assume the problem has been corrected. It would make no sense to keep producing a product they know would need correction later.

However, if the production has been stopped, the problem must be larger than anyone is willing to admit.

Buy everyone knows the problem with the word assume.....

I hope this is not a silly question or that it was already answered and I missed it!

Jim

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Hmm has it escaped anyones attention that the official Ford statement about the Mach-E delay bears a striking resemblance to the official Ford statement about the F-150 delay (or at least the ones that were piled up at Flat Rock and around the airport).

Not saying the problem is similar, just that the F-150 customer is/was being treated the same as the Mach-E customer (or any other customer I'm guessing).

Re: the 60 day push: I'm guessing that was a swag with lots of padding and the cars will be moving again shortly--especially the ones that pass the "inspection" ;)

Last edited:

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
I am betting on the European Kuga PHEV fire issue that was related to the battery cells contamination via faulty factory production. Ford is awaiting for new battery packs to install before releasing to retail customers. This would play correctly into the time frame of 7 weeks+ delay and... the Escpae PHEV has been delayed to the first week of April 2021.
Why would you think that? That issue was identified before the mexican plant restarted building the cars they are now taking back for significant repairs.

It's another fault. That doesn't rule out a battery issue though but just not the kuga one.

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
The problem that no one has mentioned is that Ford is a publicly traded company. But they’re a company that builds a dangerous product that has a huge number of ways that can cause real harm to individuals. That’s creates a huge conflict in that they must maximize profit or face lawsuits from stock holders while simultaneously not harming people with their product. I joked earlier about being a lawyer decision, but this is absolutely a decision from a lawyer. They can’t tell us because it could affect stock price and it could create liability because admitting a problem is acknowledgment of the problem which is an element for products liability. This was something large enough to stop those cars and make sure it is is not as serious as whoever found the problem thinks it could be ultimately. But was something big enough on the surface to have a lawyer go, you create liability by letting this go forward knowing the potential consequences.

Ultimately I’m happy they stopped and don’t make the same mistakes as the past (I.e. the pinto), but I hold no hope of them telling people at all or until much later. As a consumer though this bothers me because I am entitled to decide what risk I want to take and if you create a dangerous device, I’m entitled to know what risks exist so I can make an informed decision. But they won’t tell us most likely. But I’m happy to eat crow on this because it would be an improvement in how companies treat their consumers.
my opinion is of course out of thin air but since there are cars that have already been "sold" and delivered to the public I got to think that any safety issue would end up being public. Whether by law or just getting out. Those people that do have the cars well certain have to bring them back in. Now does there have be a recall notice given or do does ford just contact them directly being there is so few.

As I have mention this is a true first generation car and I totally expect recalls and I would guess ford would as well.

Last edited:

eStang

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
software salesperson
Country flag
? ?

Production hasn't stopped.
agreed - mine have been changing status.
The production date filled in to say "2021-01-08" on the Mach-E Order Tracker Tool (my original scheduled week of production was Week of 12/20/2020 - and that is still being displayed on the Ford reservation page)
The date on the bottom of my window sticker updated to "01/15/2021" yesterday.
So from what I can tell things are still chugging along.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
7 weeks to complete a "double check" on "some" of the early builds? Don't believe it.
No reason to doubt @hybrid2bev and @trutolife27 . If you think about it, its plausible. The 7 weeks is both padding and also probably a guesstimate for the whole process to complete the last unit. Doesn't mean the first one completed will take 7 weeks. Some suit probably asked "How long will it take?" and the answer was around 7 weeks so they just extended everyone that was affected by that length. Shit...my default answer for estimates is "2 weeks" minimum even if it was a line of code that takes me 5 mins to complete.

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
agreed - mine have been changing status.
The production date filled in to say "2021-01-08" on the Mach-E Order Tracker Tool (my original scheduled week of production was Week of 12/20/2020 - and that is still being displayed on the Ford reservation page)
The date on the bottom of my window sticker updated to "01/15/2021" yesterday.
So from what I can tell things are still chugging along.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Well at least that is good news!

But should I be looking for a three week pushback on my build date?

Jim

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
The 30-60 day estimate is to me just an estimate with a big buffer. Just like last week when I ordered something from Amazon. On the day it was to be delivered, I got an email from Amazon saying it was delayed and if I didn't receive it in a week, I could ask for a refund. And then it arrived the very next day. I know it is a completely different situation, but I think the reset of delivery dates is just a default buffer Ford put in there. Sure, their QC check could mean something has to be fixed or updated and that might require more time. Or, they could do their checks and they are on their way after a few days delay. Or they could be lying and they are having a major issue. Only time will tell.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Well at least that is good news!

But should I be looking for a three week pushback on my build date?

Jim
If your car hasn't been built yet, none of this should be of any personal concern for you. The only delay it'll face is how far behind the factory might be at that time. They're a bit behind, nowhere near 3 weeks, now but slowly catching up.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
The 30-60 day estimate is to me just an estimate with a big buffer. Just like last week when I ordered something from Amazon. On the day it was to be delivered, I got an email from Amazon saying it was delayed and if I didn't receive it in a week, I could ask for a refund. And then it arrived the very next day. I know it is a completely different situation, but I think the reset of delivery dates is just a default buffer Ford put in there. Sure, their QC check could mean something has to be fixed or updated and that might require more time. Or, they could do their checks and they are on their way after a few days delay. Or they could be lying and they are having a major issue. Only time will tell.
Logistics is its own world. Unless something very unexpected and extremely unlikely happens, these delays are really worst case scenarios.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Does the whole Mach-E program have a stop ship: no

Are vehicles now being validated at the factory part of the stop ship: no

Do some that have already shipped need an additional quality check: yes

Is the method for doing quality checks on shipped vehicles called a ‘stop ship’: yes
Nope! It’s just a double check of some early builds.
Read the second sentence. They are padding the ETA. Shipping should be much sooner than currently estimated.
Thanks. Very helpful. My big takeaway is that if your MME is caught in the "Stop Ship" you may want to plan for it to arrive earlier than the current ETA, if that matters to you (financing and so forth).
Sponsored