Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Right. Don't get me wrong. I'm extremely frustrated and pissed that my car is delayed up to 8 weeks for what Tru says is "nothing major" (um, ok). On the other hand, I'm very happy for the others on here that are still getting their cars on schedule. Even if it means cars built AFTER mine are delivered quicker. I'm not a vindictive person. I offer my congrats -- and continue to be pissed.
I know the feeling. Like I posted before.....by FE was built and parked mid Nov and then gets passed by to ship customer cars first. Which is frustrating but I understand the decision and am happy for folks who do get their cars eventually.

Prior to these delay notices......there was no delivery ETAs assigned to my car so I dont even get the opportunity to get a delay because that FE wasnt even released to begin with. So while your scenario isn't ideal.....still better chance you will get your car before I will see that FE.

My gut feeling is your car will beat those new ETA dates. Just a hunch. Not based on any other info...

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
OK, I have just finished reading all 33 pages of this thread. My eyes are kind of glazed over....

My build week was scheduled for 01/31/21. It has not changed and I have not received any Ford e-mail.

I only have one question:

Are they still producing cars at the plant or has the line been idled?

If the cars are still in production, then I would have to assume the problem has been corrected. It would make no sense to keep producing a product they know would need correction later.

However, if the production has been stopped, the problem must be larger than anyone is willing to admit.

Buy everyone knows the problem with the word assume.....

I hope this is not a silly question or that it was already answered and I missed it!

Jim
Production continues and actually appears to steadily increase as originally expected. My second order....a PE AWD SR was finished yesterday. :)

Reactions: ARK

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
It isn't "refurbished", Ford is fixing the vehicle while they still have ownership of it. Even if it repairs are made after you own the vehicle, they aren't going to refund part of your money. If you are uncomfortable taking delivery of a vehicle that has been repaired outside of the factory, then your best bet would be to reject delivery and place another order. Lots of cars are repaired in port for a multitude of reasons including body damage and are sold as new...this is no different.
I dont believe Ford owns those vehicles any longer. Not that it changes anything.....just pointing out something that many folks arent aware of.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The problem that no one has mentioned is that Ford is a publicly traded company. But they’re a company that builds a dangerous product that has a huge number of ways that can cause real harm to individuals. That’s creates a huge conflict in that they must maximize profit or face lawsuits from stock holders while simultaneously not harming people with their product. I joked earlier about being a lawyer decision, but this is absolutely a decision from a lawyer. They can’t tell us because it could affect stock price and it could create liability because admitting a problem is acknowledgment of the problem which is an element for products liability. This was something large enough to stop those cars and make sure it is is not as serious as whoever found the problem thinks it could be ultimately. But was something big enough on the surface to have a lawyer go, you create liability by letting this go forward knowing the potential consequences.

Ultimately I’m happy they stopped and don’t make the same mistakes as the past (I.e. the pinto), but I hold no hope of them telling people at all or until much later. As a consumer though this bothers me because I am entitled to decide what risk I want to take and if you create a dangerous device, I’m entitled to know what risks exist so I can make an informed decision. But they won’t tell us most likely. But I’m happy to eat crow on this because it would be an improvement in how companies treat their consumers.
if you got a problem, you tell Wally. And he tells everyone in town... brings it out in the open... no more problem.
The 30-60 day estimate is to me just an estimate with a big buffer.
NO! not another big buffer.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Production continues and actually appears to steadily increase as originally expected. My second order....a PE AWD SR was finished yesterday. :)
What was your scheduled build week for that one?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Actually most of us are still in the discovery phase, trying to figure out exactly which (group of) vehicles were affected and which weren’t. I think many of us appreciate the information even if it means some delayed owners unfortunately have to watch other owners receive their cars on time.

The fact that some folks are still on schedule is reassuring that hopefully the number of cars delayed is like 1-5% of the total cars ordered. If it turns out the delay affects 30%+ of total orders it could be bad for Ford with cancellations but we still don’t have enough data to give us the scale of the delay.
I find more information valuable to try to understand which cars are affected and which aren’t. Of course, that’s always an advantage for the latter builds.

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Right. Don't get me wrong. I'm extremely frustrated and pissed that my car is delayed up to 8 weeks for what Tru says is "nothing major" (um, ok). On the other hand, I'm very happy for the others on here that are still getting their cars on schedule. Even if it means cars built AFTER mine are delivered quicker. I'm not a vindictive person. I offer my congrats -- and continue to be pissed.
HAIL to the 300(+), we salute you. Seriously, you are the MMEs most adamant fans, have been in the line the longest, and endured the most frustration, only to be spurned again.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I am betting on the European Kuga PHEV fire issue that was related to the battery cells contamination via faulty factory production. Ford is awaiting for new battery packs to install before releasing to retail customers. This would play correctly into the time frame of 7 weeks+ delay and... the Escpae PHEV has been delayed to the first week of April 2021.
No. That makes no sense at all. They are still building cars every day. If there was a risk of a battery park fire, they wouldn’t keep building cars with them.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
True nuff I must say. Does say stopship on just some of the MMEs.
Exactly. There’s a difference between issuing a stop ship on all Mach Es and stopping a limited number of vehicles.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Ok here is another story for you:

When I ordered my Focus Electric I had a coworker at the time who ordered an identical Focus Electric within a week of my order.

6 weeks later my car comes in and I pick it up; his??? nope crickets.

A week later...nope no car

2 weeks nope no car

3 weeks nope no car

In frustration he is now laying it into his dealer to find out what is going on? Nothing. He finds a plant contact to get some info (we do work in the Detroit area afterall).

Turns out his car got a defective battery and it was sitting under a tent at the plant in pieces waiting for a new one to come over from S. Korea.

Now the Focus Electric wasn't designed like the Mach-E a complete battery replacement pretty much disassembles the whole car (at least from the rear seats back).

When he picked it up it looked like a brand new car. You couldn't tell that it had been torn apart and put back together. It was also sold as a new car; he did not get a % off the price for having to wait extra and having his car disassembled and put back together.

Over the 3 years he had that car it performed as flawlessly as mine did.

kgautam28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eco boost 2016, 2021 Mach e FE, 2022 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Very similar dates for me - originally scheduled week of 13th, actually built jan 6th, and I got the email yesterday morning that it shipped on the 15th with a delivery of feb 17th-23rd to NJ. Our cars might be train buddies. What ship date did they give you?
Since I received the email today, might be that it shipped today. The pals page shows a shipment has been created, but nothing yet.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I’m not thinking the delay estimate of 7 weeks is likely to shorten by much. My ship date was Jan 5th and ETA was Jan 28th. That’s 23 days of transport or 3 weeks. Since mine was already in transit I’m guessing it will be travelling to a location where it can get turned around then ship back, so maybe 3 weeks to get back to factory, then 1 to 2 weeks to fix, then 3 weeks to ship again. My new date is March 24th so it sounds about right to me. I’m hoping however it’s less time to turn around and get back to the factory, hoping the repair is quick or at least I’m near the front of the hundreds of car line up, and I’m hoping the final shipping to me will be quicker but I doubt it.
I’m very disappointed but oh well.
There is no indication cars are going back to the factory. Pals app has shown lots of them transported from the KC MO rail yard to the KC KS Speedway.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
NO. seven weeks is a worst case scenario to move the cars back to a central point like KC, get checked out and fixed if necessary, and then sent back out. It's a case of logistics: they cannot schedule technicians, tools, and any parts to go all over the place.

Certainly if it was to replace the HVB's those could not just be shipped in small quantities everywhere; it would have to be to a central point. That would take time in shipping AND replacement, let alone getting some spare batteries
Agree....I think the time frame includes completing their check and fix to the last vehicle. First ones done get released when done I hope and the last ones will probably see longer release times. It may only take a day to check snd fix but these cars are are in various places and takes time to get through them all.
Sponsored