Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Expedition; 2021 Mach E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Engineer@FoMoCo
Country flag
Well on a whim I stuck my VIN in NHTSA's recall tracker....
So NO recalls on it yet ;) (at least unrepaired ones!! LOL)
You might be teasing, but for others that are reading, NHTSA shows things are officially considered "recalls," and not just any random factory work. "Recalls" can be voluntary or mandated, and are exclusively for safety-related issues. You'll never see a NHTSA recall because EPA range isn't met, or because the vegan leather has some accidental cow in it, etc.
Sponsored

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
I prefer a mouse, I often end up accidently touching something when I don't mean to with a touch screen, that happens too often on my laptop. Also I can move a mouse pointer across a 32" screen a lot easier than moving my arm across it. Thanks though :)
no mouse here. Two Yorkshire terriers. Expert rodent killers. Including rabbits.:);)

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

Dave_Mach_E

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I ordered my Mach E Premium in August, got an email Nov 5th saying production date is week of Jan 18. Since Nov 5th haven’t heard a thing. It doesn’t show anything on my order status, and my dealer can’t tell me anything. No VIN yet. Anybody have any info for me? Thank you.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Hopefully you will. Your status won't change until it's shipped most likely, mine certainly did not (though there is an "Awaiting Shipment" status, but not all builds ever go into this status). Shipping schedules aren't set, and vary widely, but I would guess it'll ship within a week or so of your Production Date. (Mine shipped 9 days after my production date.)
9 days? I'm currently at 7 weeks and still no update on shipping.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I ordered my Mach E Premium in August, got an email Nov 5th saying production date is week of Jan 18. Since Nov 5th haven’t heard a thing. It doesn’t show anything on my order status, and my dealer can’t tell me anything. No VIN yet. Anybody have any info for me? Thank you.
Welcome to the forum! If you can spend some time here, use the forum's search to get a lot of your questions answered... Including this one. But here's a recap:

You can get your VIN number from the dealer (ask your salesperson to ask the inventory manager). The dealer can also check their vehicle visibility system to get you a more detailed status about your order.

If you placed your order at ford.com, then you can alternatively use @TheSeg's tool to reverse engineer your VIN:

https://seg.fyi/mache-vin/#/

Once you have your VIN, you can see some behind the scenes tracking info, and maybe a link to your window sticker, through @427CobraJet's customer order json renderer. Here's a link for that:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/track-your-mach-e-order-by-vin.2062/

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
UPDATE: Although I did not receive the Ford e-mail, and my ETA date shows 2/14, my dealer tells me that Ford tells him that all ETAs are in flux - "changed and not correct" are the words he used.

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
UPDATE: Although I did not receive the Ford e-mail, and my ETA date shows 2/14, my dealer tells me that Ford tells him that all ETAs are in flux - "changed and not correct" are the words he used.
so your dealer told you all ETAs are changed and not correct?

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
so your dealer told you all ETAs are changed and not correct?
Yes, that's exactly what his e-mail said. But note that he was not aware of the delays until I queried him either. He said there was a STOPSHIP on the car, whatever that means.

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Like many my production week was moved from 12/21/20 to 1/3/21 in notification from ford. The ford tracker is saying production date 1/12/21. So, is production date in ford tracker the day it starts production or finishes or neither?
I'm in the same boat you are, I think that 1/12 was the day
Probably. It will switch from "in production" to "in transit" once it's loaded on a rail car.
If only there was a step in between, like I don't know "built".

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Welcome to the forum! If you can spend some time here, use the forum's search to get a lot of your questions answered... Including this one. But here's a recap:

You can get your VIN number from the dealer (ask your salesperson to ask the inventory manager). The dealer can also check their vehicle visibility system to get you a more detailed status about your order.

If you placed your order at ford.com, then you can alternatively use @TheSeg's tool to reverse engineer your VIN:

https://seg.fyi/mache-vin/#/

Once you have your VIN, you can see some behind the scenes tracking info, and maybe a link to your window sticker, through @427CobraJet's customer order json renderer. Here's a link for that:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/track-your-mach-e-order-by-vin.2062/

I feel that a message like this should be stickied or added to some sort of new user welcome screen, and everyone will have it when they create an account.

EDIT:
Hey @Administrator, is this something we can create and post on our own? We need a new member quick-link list!

Last edited:

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I'm in the same boat you are, I think that 1/12 was the day

If only there was a step in between, like I don't know "built".
Yeah - its not intuitive in how the status is worded and when the dates are assigned - but 1/12 is when the car got finished/built. It will change status when shipped to In Transit from In Production.

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I prefer a mouse, I often end up accidently touching something when I don't mean to with a touch screen, that happens too often on my laptop. Also I can move a mouse pointer across a 32" screen a lot easier than moving my arm across it. Thanks though :)
I, as well. It's the old geek in me. Although, I'll try to move stuff on my MacBook with a finger once in a while. :cool:
Sponsored