UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
I received my Mach E X last Tuesday. The car is perfect. It drives perfect. It has zero quality issues that need to go back to dealer for. It charges much faster than my Bolt on 240. It wants to be driven swiftly. And it is fun. Don't sweat it. They have their reasons to delay and you should appreciate them if it saves you a trip to the dealer post delivery
We need a complete accounting and pictures in that new thread I just posted
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
There is a "Produced" status.
only the internal system, not with the VIN tracker
Yep. The customer has total access. The customer's customer just has access to whatever info is made available on the public side.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I received my Mach E X last Tuesday. The car is perfect. It drives perfect. It has zero quality issues that need to go back to dealer for. It charges much faster than my Bolt on 240. It wants to be driven swiftly. And it is fun. Don't sweat it. They have their reasons to delay and you should appreciate them if it saves you a trip to the dealer post delivery
Spectacular! You've had it a week and we're just now hearing about it?

Details please -- what's your configuration?

Please share pictures!

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Photos? Do you know what the reason for the delay is? Did your car get fixed....or is this a hoax?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Spectacular! You've had it a week and we're just now hearing about it?

Details please -- what's your configuration?

Please share pictures!
And have they tried to DCFC charge it yet? We're all very curious how that's working on an actual production car, how long it's taking, and what power levels are being achieved!

exfordguy

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lincoln Aviator. 202Mach-E Premium.
Occupation
Retired from Ford IT
Country flag
I received word today that the stop-ship was lifted as of this morning. Do not know the specific issue, but I have to believe it was a software issue. Not unprecedented for Ford to do these kind of holds. My 2019 Nautilus sat for quite a while before finally being allowed to ship.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Wait, this isn't
I received word today that the stop-ship was lifted as of this morning. Do not know the specific issue, but I have to believe it was a software issue. Not unprecedented for Ford to do these kind of holds. My 2019 Nautilus sat for quite a while before finally being allowed to ship.
Was that an email from Ford? Anything you can share here?

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
There is a "Produced" status.

1605787057608.png
Not for those in the general population, there is not. Ford's own tracking leaves a lot to be desired. I figured I'd at least have something similar to Domino's tracking technology. I don't need to know each person's name who is working on my car, but it would be cool if they could scan in a QR or bar code as each car comes into each different work station to let the consumer know what step your car is at.

Currently, Ford's Public Vehicle Tracking offers... Order Confirmed, Scheduled for Production (which they then added a date, which means it is completed, but there's no way of knowing that from the information they provide), built, shipped and delivery.

It's so confusing that most of the terminology they've used so far has actually meant what the general public would assume it means. Scheduled for Production means to me that it will get started this week, to Ford it means it's completed that day.

Built to me means it's completely assembled, and awaiting shipment. To Ford, I'm assuming here because mine hasn't gotten there yet despite being "done" for 8 days; built means shipping has begun I guess.

Shipped to me means the date it started shipping, like the day a regular package arrives at UPS and gets a tracking number. I guess to Ford that means the day it arrives at your dealership. I guess delivery to Ford means you've taken delivery and it's now yours. Overall it looks like Ford is checking things off as they complete that step rather than ever letting you know when they begin the process, which to me defeats the purpose of a tracking app. If I wanted to be misled by a tracking number I'd send more packages with FedEx or USPS and watch their tracking numbers do nothing for several days and then watch it say delivery attempt failed, please call customer service.

I think it would be a lot to the consumer to be able to know exactly when your car starts going down the assembly line. I'd love to know on X day that my car has gone to the body shop, or paint, or interior, finishing, etc. I know it's a much smaller scale but when I order a pizza from Domino's I know who started preparing my pizza, when it went into the oven, when it's being boxed, and which delivery driver has taken it and often can track the delivery vehicle on a map. I'm not asking for all of that, but something better than the current system would be very much appreciated.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
There is not a conveyor belt that runs from the plant to your dealer; it is effectively a "batch processing" system that moves lots of cars to intermediate locations where they are separated and batched to a destination closer to your dealer. Cars have to go on a railroad car carrier. That carrier has to be pulled down the track by one or more locomotives. There is not an infinite supply of either. Empty car carriers and locomotives have to be available in mexico in order for the cars to be loaded up and "actually" shipped. According to my dealer the Ford database is listing my car as being on a car carrier that is parked near the plant awaiting a locomotive to take it along the first leg of it's > 3000 mile journey. Cars built after mine are in the parking lot awaiting an empty car carrier to arrive so that they can loaded.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
And to that effect Ford VV is still showing a stop ship for at least my MME.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford sends mass Mach-E delivery delay emails [Updated with Ford's response] Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 11.12.52 AM

Last edited:

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yeah I don't think the stop ship has been lifted for all cars: only for cars that have been inspected/fixed.

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
no email still for my previous 1/11-1/17/21 expected delivery. but just logged into ford.com and now it's been updated to show 1/29-2/5/21. so 2 weeks delay instead of 2 months.

that's good, right?

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
no email still for my previous 1/11-1/17/21 expected delivery. but just logged into ford.com and now it's been updated to show 1/29-2/5/21. so 2 weeks delay instead of 2 months.

that's good, right?
That's pretty good considering the circumstances. Mine went from 1/29 to 2/25 and I think that is reasonable.

Mike16

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Star White
Country flag

that's good, right?

No update here yet, was a 1/25 eta and now it’s still 3/22. Is ford tracker updated as well?
Sponsored