Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
LOL. I don't think anyone is installing Takata airbags anymore.

And please no Tesla jokes. Some decorum, please.
Maybe not installing them, however it appears there are a couple still in use
The models covered by the recall include the 2007 to 2011 Ford Ranger, the 2006 to 2012 Ford Fusion, the 2006 to 2012 Lincoln Zephyr, the 2007 to 2010 Ford Edge and the 2007 to 2010 Lincoln MKX. The Mazda vehicles being recalled are the 2007 to 2009 B-Series pickup trucks.
Sponsored

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
The models covered by the recall include the 2007 to 2011 Ford Ranger, the 2006 to 2012 Ford Fusion, the 2006 to 2012 Lincoln Zephyr, the 2007 to 2010 Ford Edge and the 2007 to 2010 Lincoln MKX. The Mazda vehicles being recalled are the 2007 to 2009 B-Series pickup trucks.
I don't know why this is news. Those vehicles were repaired years ago.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
I seem to recall airbag recalls for both my '06 mustang and '06 explorer. My Ford pass app even tells me I still need to do it for the mustang passenger airbag, though I am 95% confident i did have that done several years ago. Not sure if the recall mentioned above is the same or not.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
Already had the passenger side airbag replaced several years ago in my 2010 Edge SEL, I guess it's the driver side now?

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I received my Mach E X last Tuesday. The car is perfect. It drives perfect. It has zero quality issues that need to go back to dealer for. It charges much faster than my Bolt on 240. It wants to be driven swiftly. And it is fun. Don't sweat it. They have their reasons to delay and you should appreciate them if it saves you a trip to the dealer post delivery
With all due respect, it's very easy to say "Don't Sweat it" in regards to the repair or delay. You have your car already. Others have gone from waiting 17 days to 74. Then, on top of that, we're not told what the delay is for, except standard public affairs verbiage.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
With all due respect, it's very easy to say "Don't Sweat it" in regards to the repair or delay. You have your car already. Others have gone from waiting 17 days to 74. Then, on top of that, we're not told what the delay is for, except standard public affairs verbiage.
I appreciate the excitement everyone has in anticipation of getting their cars but if anyone should complain then it should be me. My car was finished in mid Nov. One of the earliest FEs made I think. Just shipped yesterday. Not a peep from Ford this entire time. If it weren't for this forum I would be totally in the dark.

Even then.....I just cant bring myself to complain too much. With all that is going on these days.....I just feel blessed that my $50k-$60k car (that I dont reall need) has not arrived yet. If that is mt biggest worry right now then I am a happy camper. :)

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I appreciate the excitement everyone has in anticipation of getting their cars but if anyone should complain then it should be me. My car was finished in mid Nov. One of the earliest FEs made I think. Just shipped yesterday. Not a peep from Ford this entire time. If it weren't for this forum I would be totally in the dark.

Even then.....I just cant bring myself to complain too much. With all that is going on these days.....I just feel blessed that my $50k-$60k car (that I dont reall need) has not arrived yet. If that is mt biggest worry right now then I am a happy camper. :)
You should complain

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag

you and I are twins. Mid Nov build and I too finally got the shipment notification yesterday. Congrats on moving out of “in Production”

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag

Actually I am glad the car is coming around the same time as the vaccine. Taken together, returns the fun to driving.

Dave_Mach_E

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Welcome to the forum! If you can spend some time here, use the forum's search to get a lot of your questions answered... Including this one. But here's a recap:

You can get your VIN number from the dealer (ask your salesperson to ask the inventory manager). The dealer can also check their vehicle visibility system to get you a more detailed status about your order.

If you placed your order at ford.com, then you can alternatively use @TheSeg's tool to reverse engineer your VIN:

https://seg.fyi/mache-vin/#/

Once you have your VIN, you can see some behind the scenes tracking info, and maybe a link to your window sticker, through @427CobraJet's customer order json renderer. Here's a link for that:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/track-your-mach-e-order-by-vin.2062/
Thank you for the response. Getting my VIN seems a long way away because I can't get ANY information about my order from anyone. My production date was supposed to be Jan 18th 2021 but that has passed and still no info. My production date online is still blank even though we are now past that date. I will periodically check the forum because there's good information here.

Couldn't Ford dedicate someone to give better information to those who are in the dark about our orders ? I can't wait indefinitely. I'll need a car soon, and I'd hate to go elsewhere.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Thank you for the response. Getting my VIN seems a long way away because I can't get ANY information about my order from anyone.
The post you replied to contains a link to directions for finding your VIN yourself without dealer involvement.
Sponsored