Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I ordered an MME Dec 7, 2021. The price was raised $2000 the next day. Farley told dealers to follow the price protection promise. I waited a year for them to deliver the ordered MME. I chose to buy the MME because the dealer said they would seek a refund from Ford if I paid the $2000 increased MSRP. I bought the MME with the $2000 overcharge (and $155 sales tax on the overcharge). I'm now at day 73 of waiting to see a "refund" check from the dealer. I'm told it will be more like 90 days, maybe longer. The dealer says it's all on Ford. So much for "good will", eh?
1676922919319.gif
We ordered ours November 2021 and got it September 2022 and got the $2000 check in December. It has taken a lot of people about 90 days if you go to the thread on this site where people report their timing. Ford hasn't done you wrong yet, you should be getting close.

Harlaquin72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Yes. Test driven and bought it Friday the 27th. They just happened to have one in color and configuration I would have ordered if that had been needed. But that put me in Ford system for being included in this offer. The dealer called me Saturday to tell me they just got the news and that customers should expect the emails direct on Monday.
ok thanks this stuff never ever goes smoothly for me. never once. I always have to call 47 people who jus tell me its not their job the dealer says they have nothing to do with it. yet everyone else gets calls from their dealer. I get 23 different answer none of which are correct and somehow ill be the only person who bough the car in the time table and wont get the rebate . such is life.

Cm12

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Itā€™s pretty good of Ford to offer anything, really. People ordered or even bought a car off a lot at an agreed upon price, and now theyā€™re at least getting something back. Countless customers got totally screwed by Ford dealerships adding ADM to their orders because they didnā€™t know there was a difference between an order and a purchase agreement (which is a reasonable mistake for a non-lawyer IMO). There was little or no recourse for those folks - they lost their deposit unless they paid ridiculous ADM of up to $10,000 or perhaps even more. Tesla buyers didnā€™t get anything after the price drops.

OP
OP
dj_stang

dj_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium -> 2023 GTPE
Country flag
Itā€™s pretty good of Ford to offer anything, really. People ordered or even bought a car off a lot at an agreed upon price, and now theyā€™re at least getting something back. Countless customers got totally screwed by Ford dealerships adding ADM to their orders because they didnā€™t know there was a difference between an order and a purchase agreement (which is a reasonable mistake for a non-lawyer IMO). There was little or no recourse for those folks - they lost their deposit unless they paid ridiculous ADM of up to $10,000 or perhaps even more. Tesla buyers didnā€™t get anything after the price drops.
Yeah Iā€™m with you generally on this one. I was very excited after they announced the refund policy and even moreso when IRS reclassified the Mach E for the tax credit.

Iā€™m not terribly irked that they reduced the refund from 6k cash in my case to 3k cash + points, especially now that theyā€™re redeemable online. But, I will be really frustrated if they continue to decide to exclude Ford Options. Itā€™s not cool to announce a policy and get all the good will and PR and then backtrack on it twice leaving customers with 1/4 what they were promised.

Harlaquin72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT
Country flag
did anyone else not get an email yesterday that was eligible ? were they all sent out at once or is anyone getting them today.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
We ordered ours November 2021 and got it September 2022 and got the $2000 check in December. It has taken a lot of people about 90 days if you go to the thread on this site where people report their timing. Ford hasn't done you wrong yet, you should be getting close.
Thanks for the comment. There is small comfort in "a lot of people" got their refund in about 90 days when some people had dealers who took it upon themselves to wait for the refund and spare the buyer this burden. Some people got their refund in 75 days. Another forum user who bought from this dealer, had to wait more than 5 months for the refund which came only after repeating the request. I'm at 74 days, now, and my dealer is defensive and blaming Ford when I repeat my request. I don't contend that Ford has "done me wrong", yet. However, the 52-week wait for delivery and 2-6 month wait for refund of "overcharge" did not make me a Ford believer. (ps I overdosed on "getting close" with the wait for delivery of the MME and their holding my $1500 deposit for those 52 weeks.)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford sends message offering points/cash for Jan 2023 Mach-E buyers. Also clarifies refund timeline 1677007508112

dmac1418

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E '23 Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Wow, I missed the part about Options being the same as a lease. That is some BS.

bobert

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 Mach-e
Country flag
did anyone else not get an email yesterday that was eligible ? were they all sent out at once or is anyone getting them today.
First time poster, long time lurker. My wife and I got our vehicles around the same time after ordering in September. She got her delivery in January and got her email with everyone else. I didnā€™t get the emailā€¦ probably because I took delivery in early February. My purchase order was finalized Jan 23 so I could get all the loan stuff squared away with my out-of-state credit union that doesnā€™t use email. So I paid the January price and I believe I should be eligible for the refund.

Still trying to figure it out as Ford customer service says all they heard was Jan 1 to 31, and my dealership is still trying to figure it out with Ford I think? Anyone else have something similar?

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
First time poster, long time lurker. My wife and I got our vehicles around the same time after ordering in September. She got her delivery in January and got her email with everyone else. I didnā€™t get the emailā€¦ probably because I took delivery in early February. My purchase order was finalized Jan 23 so I could get all the loan stuff squared away with my out-of-state credit union that doesnā€™t use email. So I paid the January price and I believe I should be eligible for the refund.

Still trying to figure it out as Ford customer service says all they heard was Jan 1 to 31, and my dealership is still trying to figure it out with Ford I think? Anyone else have something similar?
If you paid the higher '23 price then you should be eligible for the credit & points.

Double check your contract.

bobert

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 Mach-e
Country flag
If you paid the higher '23 price then you should be eligible for the credit & points.

Double check your contract.
Thanks! I did pay the higher price and Iā€™ll take a closer look at the contract too. Iā€™ll update when thereā€™s a resolution in case itā€™s helpful to anyone else

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Mach E select AWD
Country flag

Probably have to talk to the GM of your dealer and see if they got re-invoiced during this process. If you finalized everything on the 23rd but they didn't submit paperwork until after the announcement of the price cut, you are not going to be in Ford's system for a refund since Ford would have re-invoiced the dealer at the lower price. The dealer would have to cut you a check since you overpaid

bobert

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 Mach-e
Country flag
Probably have to talk to the GM of your dealer and see if they got re-invoiced during this process. If you finalized everything on the 23rd but they didn't submit paperwork until after the announcement of the price cut, you are not going to be in Ford's system for a refund since Ford would have re-invoiced the dealer at the lower price. The dealer would have to cut you a check since you overpaid
That all makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the suggestion of who to ask and the specific thing I should be asking about too

jericho

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
c8, Red '21 FE Mach E (traded), '23 Red GT
Country flag
I didnā€™t get an email nor anything on FordPass šŸ˜ 

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Thanks for the comment. There is small comfort in "a lot of people" got their refund in about 90 days when some people had dealers who took it upon themselves to wait for the refund and spare the buyer this burden. Some people got their refund in 75 days. Another forum user who bought from this dealer, had to wait more than 5 months for the refund which came only after repeating the request. I'm at 74 days, now, and my dealer is defensive and blaming Ford when I repeat my request. I don't contend that Ford has "done me wrong", yet. However, the 52-week wait for delivery and 2-6 month wait for refund of "overcharge" did not make me a Ford believer. (ps I overdosed on "getting close" with the wait for delivery of the MME and their holding my $1500 deposit for those 52 weeks.)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford sends message offering points/cash for Jan 2023 Mach-E buyers. Also clarifies refund timeline 1677007508112
edit: 80-days and still waiting.